1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. samsoph

Id help

I know a weed is a plant in the wrong place, but I personally would not bother cultivating that particular spurge. It looks very similar to one I have lots of in the summer and its basically a weed.
    I know a weed is a plant in the wrong place, but I personally would not bother cultivating that particular spurge. It looks very similar to one I have lots of in the summer and its basically a weed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. keithhampson

please help me idendify these

Julie has given excellent advice. Don't trust bamboo not to spread. Some varieties can be dreadful and your neighbours won't thank you.
    Julie has given excellent advice. Don't trust bamboo not to spread. Some varieties can be dreadful and your neighbours won't thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Triffid

Mystery Late Bloomer?

Lovely photo Triffid:wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. TOR

ID shrubs, please

well, they were in the garden when i bought it - one of them does look a bit misshapen and bare - I'll see how it looks in summer but it might be for the chop - the other one looks very well where...
    well, they were in the garden when i bought it - one of them does look a bit misshapen and bare - I'll see how it looks in summer but it might be for the chop - the other one looks very well where it is - lightens up a dark corner nicely.
    well, they were in the garden when i bought it - one of them does look a bit misshapen and bare - I'll see how it looks in summer but it might be for the chop - the other one looks very well where it is - lightens up a dark corner nicely.
    well, they were in the garden when i bought it - one of them does look a bit misshapen and bare - I'll see how it looks in summer but it might be for the chop - the other one looks very well where...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gingko

Help with dahlia identification

This bit
    This bit
    This bit
    This bit
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sheal

Id please

Thanks Victoria and Ziggy. It does look like it's of the thyme family, I remember it being a ground hugging plant. Now I've got something to work on I'll do a bit of research. :)
    Thanks Victoria and Ziggy. It does look like it's of the thyme family, I remember it being a ground hugging plant. Now I've got something to work on I'll do a bit of research. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ajuga

Weed? ID please

Thanks for all your help on this. The leaves do smell brassica like. Think I had better get rid of them all before they take over. Of course they are the most healthy looking plants in the bed at...
    Thanks for all your help on this. The leaves do smell brassica like. Think I had better get rid of them all before they take over. Of course they are the most healthy looking plants in the bed at present!
    Thanks for all your help on this. The leaves do smell brassica like. Think I had better get rid of them all before they take over. Of course they are the most healthy looking plants in the bed at present!
    Thanks for all your help on this. The leaves do smell brassica like. Think I had better get rid of them all before they take over. Of course they are the most healthy looking plants in the bed at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. cab322003

Please identify this plant

They can be prone to not tolerating low temperature draughts too so bear that in mind.In the process of moving house a few years ago some of my plants went to SWMBO's mother who turns out...
    They can be prone to not tolerating low temperature draughts too so bear that in mind.In the process of moving house a few years ago some of my plants went to SWMBO's mother who turns out popped them in the brightest spot she could find...next to an external door which she nearly always left...
    They can be prone to not tolerating low temperature draughts too so bear that in mind.In the process of moving house a few years ago some of my plants went to SWMBO's mother who turns out popped them in the brightest spot she could...
    They can be prone to not tolerating low temperature draughts too so bear that in mind.In the process of moving house a few years ago some of my plants went to SWMBO's mother who turns out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. stephenprudence

Another two ID from me (not cacti this time)

I've never seen it in flower (the Aristolochia), at first I thought A. clemititis but the leaves aren't quite the same (plus this vine is evergreen rather than deciduous), the leaves closely match...
    I've never seen it in flower (the Aristolochia), at first I thought A. clemititis but the leaves aren't quite the same (plus this vine is evergreen rather than deciduous), the leaves closely match A. elegans, but to be honest there are many Aristolochias, and just asking I doubt the gardens...
    I've never seen it in flower (the Aristolochia), at first I thought A. clemititis but the leaves aren't quite the same (plus this vine is evergreen rather than deciduous), the leaves closely match A. elegans, but to be honest there are many...
    I've never seen it in flower (the Aristolochia), at first I thought A. clemititis but the leaves aren't quite the same (plus this vine is evergreen rather than deciduous), the leaves closely match...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. stephenprudence

Cactus identitification (unfortunately)

time ago I`ve posted a thread regarding frost hardy cactus , I`ve been read a lot about it and managed to collect couple of dozen frost hardy cactus , ready for spring to planted outdoor. Opuntia...
    time ago I`ve posted a thread regarding frost hardy cactus , I`ve been read a lot about it and managed to collect couple of dozen frost hardy cactus , ready for spring to planted outdoor. Opuntia it`s the hardyest of all , some species can take -25 , about the rain it is true as we think about...
    time ago I`ve posted a thread regarding frost hardy cactus , I`ve been read a lot about it and managed to collect couple of dozen frost hardy cactus , ready for spring to planted outdoor. Opuntia it`s the hardyest of all , some species can take...
    time ago I`ve posted a thread regarding frost hardy cactus , I`ve been read a lot about it and managed to collect couple of dozen frost hardy cactus , ready for spring to planted outdoor. Opuntia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hadeda

Odd plant with a triangle shape on its leaves

Thanks :) Googled for some images and it's definitely one :D Usually the clovers here are quite bland without any sort of pattern. I see it's mentioned as a weed :thud:
    Thanks :) Googled for some images and it's definitely one :D Usually the clovers here are quite bland without any sort of pattern. I see it's mentioned as a weed :thud:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Rachel1986

What is this please?

Yes, its Ficus Benjamina. You will have to re-pot it at some stage, I have one that's almost 6ft tall! Being a fig, they like to be starved and I water mine when I remember it. They like sun,...
    Yes, its Ficus Benjamina. You will have to re-pot it at some stage, I have one that's almost 6ft tall! Being a fig, they like to be starved and I water mine when I remember it. They like sun, but not draughts and don't like being moved from site to site. So if you find a good spot for it,...
    Yes, its Ficus Benjamina. You will have to re-pot it at some stage, I have one that's almost 6ft tall! Being a fig, they like to be starved and I water mine when I remember it. They like sun, but not draughts and don't like being moved from...
    Yes, its Ficus Benjamina. You will have to re-pot it at some stage, I have one that's almost 6ft tall! Being a fig, they like to be starved and I water mine when I remember it. They like sun,...
    IMAG0074.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. longk

I.D. appreciated!

Hhhmm. a whole new thread there."Ten Plants That You Wouldn't Be Without"?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scrungee

Cooking apple ID required

I'd looked at some pics of that on Apples on whatamieating.comHowgate Wonder:Newton Wonder:And my unknown variety of cookers:
    I'd looked at some pics of that on Apples on whatamieating.comHowgate Wonder:Newton Wonder:And my unknown variety of cookers:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. SvenLittkowski

ID Required: 01-05

5 and 6 look like Coleus and 9 is possibly a type of Galeopsis?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sal73

unknow bromeliad

Looking at it again and at my own, it does look like Billbergia Nutans (I only have the variegated type) and they are reasonably hardy although I lost B. Windii outside last winter after a few...
    Looking at it again and at my own, it does look like Billbergia Nutans (I only have the variegated type) and they are reasonably hardy although I lost B. Windii outside last winter after a few days at -5c. Given a light position indoors and just damp in winter it should flower.:)
    Looking at it again and at my own, it does look like Billbergia Nutans (I only have the variegated type) and they are reasonably hardy although I lost B. Windii outside last winter after a few days at -5c. Given a light position indoors and just...
    Looking at it again and at my own, it does look like Billbergia Nutans (I only have the variegated type) and they are reasonably hardy although I lost B. Windii outside last winter after a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. imbehindyou123

Unknown tree is loosing LOTs of leaves

Sorry Marley I've got a different idea to yours. :) I've had my Ficus 30 years, it's never been fed, the soil has been changed three times and it's roots are crammed into it's pot. It stands right...
    Sorry Marley I've got a different idea to yours. :) I've had my Ficus 30 years, it's never been fed, the soil has been changed three times and it's roots are crammed into it's pot. It stands right beside a radiator and gets full sun during the summer. However they don't like draughts or low...
    Sorry Marley I've got a different idea to yours. :) I've had my Ficus 30 years, it's never been fed, the soil has been changed three times and it's roots are crammed into it's pot. It stands right beside a radiator and gets full sun during the...
    Sorry Marley I've got a different idea to yours. :) I've had my Ficus 30 years, it's never been fed, the soil has been changed three times and it's roots are crammed into it's pot. It stands right...
    IMAG0042.jpg IMAG0043.jpg IMAG0044.jpg 002.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gay Gardener

Another ID

Thanks for that. I'll read up on that and see if I'll keep it or not.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gay Gardener

ID help

Yes thank you Victoria, snap!It's a unusual and handsome plant and is in full bloom at the moment and seems to re-seed itself round and about. Glad to know what it is. Thanks.
    Yes thank you Victoria, snap!It's a unusual and handsome plant and is in full bloom at the moment and seems to re-seed itself round and about. Glad to know what it is. Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Gay Gardener

Another Id help

Exactly, thank you it was driving me bonkers.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice