1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Dave W

Bush in Greece. ID?

Very many thanks folks!!:love30: I knew someone on GC would come up with the answer. I'll now be able to tell the lady in whose garden the bush is growing just what she's got growing :dbgrtmb:
    Very many thanks folks!!:love30: I knew someone on GC would come up with the answer. I'll now be able to tell the lady in whose garden the bush is growing just what she's got growing :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Naylors Ark

Tree ID if you please.

Wasn't that a Marie Osmond song ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. HYDROGEN86

fungi i.d please?

Replies:
    Views:
  4. jennieh

Please help me identify the plants in my garden!

Hmm! Had another look at these pics and I am not seeing any Sambucus.I believe your number 1 and 6 are both Nandina. (On screen as I look at it no.1. and 4.) 1. Dwarf cultivar Nandina.,...
    Hmm! Had another look at these pics and I am not seeing any Sambucus.I believe your number 1 and 6 are both Nandina. (On screen as I look at it no.1. and 4.) 1. Dwarf cultivar Nandina., 6. Nandina domestica.
    Hmm! Had another look at these pics and I am not seeing any Sambucus.I believe your number 1 and 6 are both Nandina. (On screen as I look at it no.1. and 4.) 1. Dwarf cultivar Nandina., 6. Nandina domestica.
    Hmm! Had another look at these pics and I am not seeing any Sambucus.I believe your number 1 and 6 are both Nandina. (On screen as I look at it no.1. and 4.) 1. Dwarf cultivar Nandina.,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CosmosGuy

Help with some ID's

ClaraLou, Thanks :) I hadn't seen the Toadflax before, although no doubt I'll notice it everywhere now!! Lovely though, and was trying to work out the origins in my head from what I could see but...
    ClaraLou, Thanks :) I hadn't seen the Toadflax before, although no doubt I'll notice it everywhere now!! Lovely though, and was trying to work out the origins in my head from what I could see but was left baffled. Thanks for the geranium advice too, I'll have to see if I can get...
    ClaraLou, Thanks :) I hadn't seen the Toadflax before, although no doubt I'll notice it everywhere now!! Lovely though, and was trying to work out the origins in my head from what I could see but was left baffled. Thanks for the geranium advice...
    ClaraLou, Thanks :) I hadn't seen the Toadflax before, although no doubt I'll notice it everywhere now!! Lovely though, and was trying to work out the origins in my head from what I could see but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. joolz68

ID help plz x

thanks xx i will have to google pics as i have no idea where it could of come from at the moment,i had put some mikado poppy seeds in that area so whether there was seeds mixed in what i bought im...
    thanks xx i will have to google pics as i have no idea where it could of come from at the moment,i had put some mikado poppy seeds in that area so whether there was seeds mixed in what i bought im baffled :D xx
    thanks xx i will have to google pics as i have no idea where it could of come from at the moment,i had put some mikado poppy seeds in that area so whether there was seeds mixed in what i bought im baffled :D xx
    thanks xx i will have to google pics as i have no idea where it could of come from at the moment,i had put some mikado poppy seeds in that area so whether there was seeds mixed in what i bought im...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sheal

Flower Id please.

Okay everyone, thanks for the assistance. I'll see if I can get my daughter to find out some more info on it. Perhaps she can get somebody local to identify it aswell. :)
    Okay everyone, thanks for the assistance. I'll see if I can get my daughter to find out some more info on it. Perhaps she can get somebody local to identify it aswell. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Midlander

Are these Sloe Berries?

6th Opinion and Welcome to Gardeners Corner:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NoviceG

Help please - plant identification required!

Thanks Cluless. I'll bear that in mind. I have a regular visitor from next door that I don't see until it's about 5' into the garden coming through the foliage at about 3' off the ground. Its been...
    Thanks Cluless. I'll bear that in mind. I have a regular visitor from next door that I don't see until it's about 5' into the garden coming through the foliage at about 3' off the ground. Its been there years and I've usually got thick gloves and dragged it through to take as much root as...
    Thanks Cluless. I'll bear that in mind. I have a regular visitor from next door that I don't see until it's about 5' into the garden coming through the foliage at about 3' off the ground. Its been there years and I've usually got thick gloves and...
    Thanks Cluless. I'll bear that in mind. I have a regular visitor from next door that I don't see until it's about 5' into the garden coming through the foliage at about 3' off the ground. Its been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. CharlieB

Strange Green Raisin/Bubble Looking things taking over our garden?

Sounds like Liverwort to me too. Don't worry about the sewage pipe, I've got one running through my garden and it's never been a problem. It's more likely to be the wet weather we've had this year. :)
    Sounds like Liverwort to me too. Don't worry about the sewage pipe, I've got one running through my garden and it's never been a problem. It's more likely to be the wet weather we've had this year. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Yea that's got to be it. Thanks aesculus. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. HYDROGEN86

is this a fresian cow?

:heehee::heehee: Lol. The only think that makes me think perhaps cross fresian is the ruddiness round the front of the cow in the first picture but otherwise yes definitely Fresian. Used to love to walk the...
    :heehee::heehee: Lol. The only think that makes me think perhaps cross fresian is the ruddiness round the front of the cow in the first picture but otherwise yes definitely Fresian. Used to love to walk the herds of mixed cows when I was a child with the local farmer. All his cows had names like Buttercup,...
    :heehee::heehee: Lol. The only think that makes me think perhaps cross fresian is the ruddiness round the front of the cow in the first picture but otherwise yes definitely Fresian. Used to love to walk the herds of mixed cows when I was a child with the local...
    :heehee::heehee: Lol. The only think that makes me think perhaps cross fresian is the ruddiness round the front of the cow in the first picture but otherwise yes definitely Fresian. Used to love to walk the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Genie2312

Weed invader?????

Bluuurrrgggg.....not sure i like the sound of that.....just googled it and it doesn't really get colourful flowers so i think it has to go :dbgrtmb: Thank you
    Bluuurrrgggg.....not sure i like the sound of that.....just googled it and it doesn't really get colourful flowers so i think it has to go :dbgrtmb: Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Evil Len

What's this Crabapple ?

As far as I know, any crab apple is good for jelly making. I just used my ornamental M. John Downie for some, it's lovely!
    As far as I know, any crab apple is good for jelly making. I just used my ornamental M. John Downie for some, it's lovely!
    various_ 005.jpg various_ 006.jpg various_ 008.jpg John Downie.jpg crab apple jelly.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Freedom_Spark
    Like x 4

What are these pink flowers?

Fantastic flowers; I was thinking Dr Ruppel too for the Clematis (Nelley Moser is similar but its not that one), a member of the large flowered hybrids, most do flower again in September after...
    Fantastic flowers; I was thinking Dr Ruppel too for the Clematis (Nelley Moser is similar but its not that one), a member of the large flowered hybrids, most do flower again in September after their May/June flowering spell :thumb:
    Fantastic flowers; I was thinking Dr Ruppel too for the Clematis (Nelley Moser is similar but its not that one), a member of the large flowered hybrids, most do flower again in September after their May/June flowering spell :thumb:
    Fantastic flowers; I was thinking Dr Ruppel too for the Clematis (Nelley Moser is similar but its not that one), a member of the large flowered hybrids, most do flower again in September after...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. miraflores

ID

It is indeed! I am not really interested in the flower, as long as it can keep its incredibly soft leaves just as they are now... Silver surfer - spot on - that's the tree!
    It is indeed! I am not really interested in the flower, as long as it can keep its incredibly soft leaves just as they are now... Silver surfer - spot on - that's the tree!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. linuxthefish

What is this plant, and how do i make sure it does not die?

It looks like Aloe varigata, its basically a winter grower.So it can be difficult.I find its best in shade, apart from during the winter when full sun is best.A good gritty compost and only...
    It looks like Aloe varigata, its basically a winter grower.So it can be difficult.I find its best in shade, apart from during the winter when full sun is best.A good gritty compost and only light watering all year round, depending on temperature. Keep at a min of about 10C, but it will...
    It looks like Aloe varigata, its basically a winter grower.So it can be difficult.I find its best in shade, apart from during the winter when full sun is best.A good gritty compost and only light watering all year round, depending on...
    It looks like Aloe varigata, its basically a winter grower.So it can be difficult.I find its best in shade, apart from during the winter when full sun is best.A good gritty compost and only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HYDROGEN86

your thoughts please?

I have never seen one with leaves curled so far round they look like tunnels or spirals? The one in the pic in the link looks like mine nice and healthy.
    I have never seen one with leaves curled so far round they look like tunnels or spirals? The one in the pic in the link looks like mine nice and healthy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Piffyuk

ID two evergreen bushes?

They look similar to some of the hebes we have so I'm inclined to agree with Ss. We don't do anything with ours and, as they are very small varieties, I wouldn't expect them to grow much. Our...
    They look similar to some of the hebes we have so I'm inclined to agree with Ss. We don't do anything with ours and, as they are very small varieties, I wouldn't expect them to grow much. Our seem very happy with just watering when necessary. If they do get too big for where you have them...
    They look similar to some of the hebes we have so I'm inclined to agree with Ss. We don't do anything with ours and, as they are very small varieties, I wouldn't expect them to grow much. Our seem very happy with just watering when necessary. ...
    They look similar to some of the hebes we have so I'm inclined to agree with Ss. We don't do anything with ours and, as they are very small varieties, I wouldn't expect them to grow much. Our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Piffyuk

Conifer ID and advice please

HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a...
    HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a few conifers in my flower beds and I am having trouble knowing what's best to do with them. I don't...
    HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a few conifers in my flower beds and I am having...
    HiI wasn't sure if this belonged in trees, beginner's gardening or where but here goes. I've been in my new home almost exactly a year and got a bit better feel for it now. I've inherited a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice