1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. CosmosGuy

Help with Plant ID

Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears...
    Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears Breeches (Acanthus Spinosus).....what an interesting name! Would be interested to know where that came...
    Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears Breeches (Acanthus Spinosus).....what an interesting...
    Thanks for all of the replies regarding the ID's of the below :) gcc3663 definitely agree with you on the relative...... that did make me chuckle :heehee: Armandii thanks for the info about the Bears...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. juelmer

ID for a tree/shrub please

After looking at the pics I agree, that's perfect, thank you so much for your help. I can complete my assessment now and keep Ofsted happy :yess:
    After looking at the pics I agree, that's perfect, thank you so much for your help. I can complete my assessment now and keep Ofsted happy :yess:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. fuchsialady

A Spotty plant

Thank you for that speedy reply. Never heard of it! But at least I can now sound as though I know what I'm talking about!! I expect I'll leave them where they are for the moment.
    Thank you for that speedy reply. Never heard of it! But at least I can now sound as though I know what I'm talking about!! I expect I'll leave them where they are for the moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Ziggy, do you know the lyrics to the Rain Song.....very poignant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scrungee

Not a braeburn, but what is it?

Discovery?
    Discovery?
    Discovery?
    Discovery?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (2)

Anyone having an idea about photo #2?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (3)

Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Nobody..?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. markandspike

Is this a sloe berry (blackthorn) bush please.

Yes confirmed my with the thorns. Picked two pounds of them. The sloe gin is on the go now. Going to make some sloe vodka friday. So will have a happy christmas.
    Yes confirmed my with the thorns. Picked two pounds of them. The sloe gin is on the go now. Going to make some sloe vodka friday. So will have a happy christmas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. HYDROGEN86

is this a cordyline?

Thanks everyone. Will try and get a pic of it flowering next year. It says on wiki that it cleans the water of nearby lakes and stuff
    Thanks everyone. Will try and get a pic of it flowering next year. It says on wiki that it cleans the water of nearby lakes and stuff
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Sorry Spruce, I was thinking of a tv drama too, House & the Occum's razor principal:D Had a stressfull day didn't mean to be assy:love30:
    Sorry Spruce, I was thinking of a tv drama too, House & the Occum's razor principal:D Had a stressfull day didn't mean to be assy:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lily1968

Can anyone tell me what this plant is please?

Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost...
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost buried in the trees and we found them when we cut them back :phew:
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost buried in the trees and we found them when we cut...
    Thanks for that. Do I just cut off the dead looking branches with secateurs? Unfortunately our full garden is paved, so I'll need to get a larger planter. Lots of the plants left were almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. bluel39

What is this tree?

Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries also look very similar to pictures on the web.That's fantastic, I'm so pleased. (I have also...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries also look very similar to pictures on the...
    Thanks so much for all the replies!I looked in some detail at the suggestions and it does look very much like a Virburnum Tinus, the V. Davidii has different leaf veins. The flowers and berries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bilbo675

ID Fun.....

Thanks for the replies guys :thumb:, I potted most of them up in to 5" pots the other day, here is a pic of just a few...anything any clearer????, just for fun, nothing serious...:D
    Thanks for the replies guys :thumb:, I potted most of them up in to 5" pots the other day, here is a pic of just a few...anything any clearer????, just for fun, nothing serious...:D
    Plants 010.jpg Plants 011.jpg Plants 059.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SvenLittkowski

More to Identify (4, final)

Thanks once more! Great forum here, great members, great spirit! Let's hope that the other three threads will be successfully, too.
    Thanks once more! Great forum here, great members, great spirit! Let's hope that the other three threads will be successfully, too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Louiseness

Are these sloes?

If the tree has inch long spikes that skewer your hand as you pick them, they're sloes, if not, they're damsons.
    If the tree has inch long spikes that skewer your hand as you pick them, they're sloes, if not, they're damsons.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Triffid

Another mystery for me...

well I'll be a triffids stipule - the roots smell of clovers!CHEERS ziggy et all :yess:
    well I'll be a triffids stipule - the roots smell of clovers!CHEERS ziggy et all :yess:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. HYDROGEN86

Himalayan Balsam?

Found a very informative I.D sheet on the defra website really fascinating:)PDF File:and a video fthe seed pods exploding on wikipedia:
    Found a very informative I.D sheet on the defra website really fascinating:)PDF File:and a video fthe seed pods exploding on wikipedia:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pamsdish

Whats my name ??

Looks like Chenopodium album (Fat-hen) to me:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Here is a better picture I think. It was growing in groups all over wetlands by a mere. :cool:
    Here is a better picture I think. It was growing in groups all over wetlands by a mere. :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Salgor

Does anyone know .....?

Aesculus is right we need a bigger pic to have a shot at ID'ing what it is.:dunno: Try resizing the photo if you can:D
    Aesculus is right we need a bigger pic to have a shot at ID'ing what it is.:dunno: Try resizing the photo if you can:D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice