Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. simbad

Rose identification

I thought it was close, but I am hampered by the fact that I can't count beyond 5.:D
    I thought it was close, but I am hampered by the fact that I can't count beyond 5.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. isascott

Identification please

I`ll stick with the Hydrangea, I`ve pruned enough of them.lol And Virginia Creepers come to that.
    I`ll stick with the Hydrangea, I`ve pruned enough of them.lol And Virginia Creepers come to that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jaffa Cake

A couple of things I'd appreciate help to ID please

You saved me a bit of typing there, thanks.:loll::loll::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Suziequeue

What is this

Hi Susanna . A nice little plant that is very tolarant of neglect . And yes there are many forms including variagated ones ..:dbgrtmb: Dave
    Hi Susanna . A nice little plant that is very tolarant of neglect . And yes there are many forms including variagated ones ..:dbgrtmb: Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. OnTheHut

Lots to ID after I have investigated the garden!

They could be Japanese bunching onions rather than true jibbons, ( sorry, spring onions ) lol
    They could be Japanese bunching onions rather than true jibbons, ( sorry, spring onions ) lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Louise

What is this?

Yes Louise , Its lovely shrub but can become large unfortunatly possibily why you don't see so many around ..Dave
    Yes Louise , Its lovely shrub but can become large unfortunatly possibily why you don't see so many around ..Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Angelina

Plant in a Member photo ID?

Thanks for clearing that up Aesculus, I should have guessed it was from one of your outings.:)Sorry you are disappointed about the 'plant' Angelina. I think the nearest places you will find...
    Thanks for clearing that up Aesculus, I should have guessed it was from one of your outings.:)Sorry you are disappointed about the 'plant' Angelina. I think the nearest places you will find Heliconias and Torch Gingers growing outside are Madeira and the Canaries.Pleomele (Song of India)...
    Thanks for clearing that up Aesculus, I should have guessed it was from one of your outings.:)Sorry you are disappointed about the 'plant' Angelina. I think the nearest places you will find Heliconias and Torch Gingers growing outside are...
    Thanks for clearing that up Aesculus, I should have guessed it was from one of your outings.:)Sorry you are disappointed about the 'plant' Angelina. I think the nearest places you will find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sheal

Tree ID please.

My ground is coastal, sandy and windy, apparently everything it doesn't like. The arboretum is a few miles away and sheltered. Believe me, on the island everything can change just a street away,...
    My ground is coastal, sandy and windy, apparently everything it doesn't like. The arboretum is a few miles away and sheltered. Believe me, on the island everything can change just a street away, even the weather, so it wouldn't surprise me if the soil there is completely different. :)
    My ground is coastal, sandy and windy, apparently everything it doesn't like. The arboretum is a few miles away and sheltered. Believe me, on the island everything can change just a street away, even the weather, so it wouldn't surprise me if the...
    My ground is coastal, sandy and windy, apparently everything it doesn't like. The arboretum is a few miles away and sheltered. Believe me, on the island everything can change just a street away,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Victoria Plum

Seedling id please?

:D Oh how I'd love to!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria

Shrub ID please ...

Welcome Victoria. Sorry Victoria, it is not Pittosporum. The leaves on Pittospoum are ...Quote from Wiki..."The leaves are spirally arranged or whorled, simple, with an entire or waved...
    Welcome Victoria. Sorry Victoria, it is not Pittosporum. The leaves on Pittospoum are ...Quote from Wiki..."The leaves are spirally arranged or whorled, simple, with an entire or waved (rarely lobed) margin."Ceratonia siliqua, Carob leaves are opposite each other with no terminal...
    Welcome Victoria. Sorry Victoria, it is not Pittosporum. The leaves on Pittospoum are ...Quote from Wiki..."The leaves are spirally arranged or whorled, simple, with an entire or waved (rarely lobed) margin."Ceratonia siliqua,...
    Welcome Victoria. Sorry Victoria, it is not Pittosporum. The leaves on Pittospoum are ...Quote from Wiki..."The leaves are spirally arranged or whorled, simple, with an entire or waved...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Archdoodler

Unknown Plant?

It looks like Hypericum perforatum this is the herbaceous wildflower St Johns Wort not the shrub ones Victoria
    It looks like Hypericum perforatum this is the herbaceous wildflower St Johns Wort not the shrub ones Victoria
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jas1975

Mushroom identification

Hi Jaz & welcome to the forums,No appologies needed, we welcome questions :thumbsup: and new people.You are very right to be concerned, bit difficult to tell from a pic as there a a few that look...
    Hi Jaz & welcome to the forums,No appologies needed, we welcome questions :thumbsup: and new people.You are very right to be concerned, bit difficult to tell from a pic as there a a few that look like that.They are not Liberty Caps (Majic mushrooms) But they could be paneolus species which are...
    Hi Jaz & welcome to the forums,No appologies needed, we welcome questions :thumbsup: and new people.You are very right to be concerned, bit difficult to tell from a pic as there a a few that look like that.They are not Liberty Caps (Majic...
    Hi Jaz & welcome to the forums,No appologies needed, we welcome questions :thumbsup: and new people.You are very right to be concerned, bit difficult to tell from a pic as there a a few that look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fonzie

Flower ident

Thats a relief:thumbsup:Right off to start a thread about local names for plants.
    Thats a relief:thumbsup:Right off to start a thread about local names for plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. robgil

a tree with holly type leaves and tiny yellow flowers?

Definitely Berberis Darwinii.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. SvenLittkowski

Please ID these Unidentified Yellow Objects (UYO)

Hi Dai. Check the "Camellia" thread. I used the term Insecticide instead of Pesticide I expect a rollicking for that.:heehee: Nice to see you back, mate.:dbgrtmb:
    Hi Dai. Check the "Camellia" thread. I used the term Insecticide instead of Pesticide I expect a rollicking for that.:heehee: Nice to see you back, mate.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lillybe_Forest

Please help identify this plant

I thought dogwood as well, initially, but I am swayed by the pink ceanothus which is very attractive - I haven't seen it in pink before.
    I thought dogwood as well, initially, but I am swayed by the pink ceanothus which is very attractive - I haven't seen it in pink before.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Tudor

identification of purple/pink bush

I too think it could be Lavatera, species of which grow here on the main Continent wild, but it would be nice to know where Mum lives as the poster lives in France ... and is this shrub scented?
    I too think it could be Lavatera, species of which grow here on the main Continent wild, but it would be nice to know where Mum lives as the poster lives in France ... and is this shrub scented?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. SvenLittkowski

2x ID

:thumbsup: Hi Sven, glad we helped... Keep coming we are a pretty good community here... :WINK1::thumbsup:
    :thumbsup: Hi Sven, glad we helped... Keep coming we are a pretty good community here... :WINK1::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. SvenLittkowski

3x ID

I think I missed something here???
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nigel62

Blue flower ID please

It's a good plant for late flowering when there is little colour in the garden apart from the yellows of Rudbeckia.
    It's a good plant for late flowering when there is little colour in the garden apart from the yellows of Rudbeckia.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice