1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Anashkat

What kind of lily please?

A really nice one :) Thats what it is :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. fatbelly

Plant ID can you help

Sunny but damp soil is it's ideal location.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Rachel

Any ideas what these are ?

No, not really :) As they emerge, just pull them up and you should get the bulb as well. You won't get all of them immediately and they do self seed, but it's that not that difficult to keep control...
    No, not really :) As they emerge, just pull them up and you should get the bulb as well. You won't get all of them immediately and they do self seed, but it's that not that difficult to keep control of them in the average size garden. Of course, if you like them, you could just leave them :)
    No, not really :) As they emerge, just pull them up and you should get the bulb as well. You won't get all of them immediately and they do self seed, but it's that not that difficult to keep control of them in the average size garden. Of course, if...
    No, not really :) As they emerge, just pull them up and you should get the bulb as well. You won't get all of them immediately and they do self seed, but it's that not that difficult to keep control...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lokirat

Alien plant? ....no idea what this is

Be very careful of the sap when touching any Euphorbia it is poisonous. Wear gloves to be on the safe side.
    Be very careful of the sap when touching any Euphorbia it is poisonous. Wear gloves to be on the safe side.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

Purple Mushroom?

Hi Ziggy,OK my friend thanks for that:thmb::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. HBK

Identify this please

There would seem to be 2 possibilities. 1. Hedera algeriensis Gloire de Marengo. ( Previously known as Hedera canariensis variegata) Common name Algerian ivy. 2. Hedera colchica Dentata...
    There would seem to be 2 possibilities. 1. Hedera algeriensis Gloire de Marengo. ( Previously known as Hedera canariensis variegata) Common name Algerian ivy. 2. Hedera colchica Dentata Variegata. Common name Persian ivy. I understand that Hedera algeriensis Gloire de Marengo has shiny...
    There would seem to be 2 possibilities. 1. Hedera algeriensis Gloire de Marengo. ( Previously known as Hedera canariensis variegata) Common name Algerian ivy. 2. Hedera colchica Dentata Variegata. Common name Persian ivy. I understand that...
    There would seem to be 2 possibilities. 1. Hedera algeriensis Gloire de Marengo. ( Previously known as Hedera canariensis variegata) Common name Algerian ivy. 2. Hedera colchica Dentata...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. LivingInPuglia

ID : found two of these

:rotfl: No, shes just taken the hard drive out:dh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria Plum

unitentified apple tree

Thanks for your help guys!I was posting from my phone, as I was at my sister in laws for the weekend. I recommended she twist one off that looks very ripe, and cut a bit off to taste it. If it...
    Thanks for your help guys!I was posting from my phone, as I was at my sister in laws for the weekend. I recommended she twist one off that looks very ripe, and cut a bit off to taste it. If it tastes good - go for it! If it doesn't cook it!
    Thanks for your help guys!I was posting from my phone, as I was at my sister in laws for the weekend. I recommended she twist one off that looks very ripe, and cut a bit off to taste it. If it tastes good - go for it! If it doesn't cook it!
    Thanks for your help guys!I was posting from my phone, as I was at my sister in laws for the weekend. I recommended she twist one off that looks very ripe, and cut a bit off to taste it. If it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. LivingInPuglia

ID : bug

It is in the family of shield bugs, stink bugs which is in Pentatomidae. Part of the super family Pentatomoidea. Quote...."Stink Bugs are attracted to the smell of turpines in...
    It is in the family of shield bugs, stink bugs which is in Pentatomidae. Part of the super family Pentatomoidea. Quote...."Stink Bugs are attracted to the smell of turpines in cigarettes and cigars, they are also attracted to the smell of honey." I never knew that. Learn something...
    It is in the family of shield bugs, stink bugs which is in Pentatomidae. Part of the super family Pentatomoidea. Quote...."Stink Bugs are attracted to the smell of turpines in cigarettes and cigars, they are also attracted to the...
    It is in the family of shield bugs, stink bugs which is in Pentatomidae. Part of the super family Pentatomoidea. Quote...."Stink Bugs are attracted to the smell of turpines in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mrmck

ID berry plant

well that's what I thought... but then looking at the fruit you can see the remains of the flower calyx which is small and the tips are curled back (very much like a nightshade or even a tomato)...
    well that's what I thought... but then looking at the fruit you can see the remains of the flower calyx which is small and the tips are curled back (very much like a nightshade or even a tomato) however on a egg plant the calyx actually hugs the end of the fruit and does not curl back:skp:
    well that's what I thought... but then looking at the fruit you can see the remains of the flower calyx which is small and the tips are curled back (very much like a nightshade or even a tomato) however on a egg plant the calyx actually hugs the...
    well that's what I thought... but then looking at the fruit you can see the remains of the flower calyx which is small and the tips are curled back (very much like a nightshade or even a tomato)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. GazSuttonUK

ID please..

Another very common Lobelia with identical flowers is Lobelia x speciosa. There are several named cultivars. It can come with red, pink, blue and purple flowers.
    Another very common Lobelia with identical flowers is Lobelia x speciosa. There are several named cultivars. It can come with red, pink, blue and purple flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl

I D Request

Hi Ziggy no worries my friend,yes that,s just great,thanks for the info:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. HarryS

Grass Ident

Thanks All for the identification. It seems to be as Axl states Pennisetum cream falls. :thmb: I'll find one in my local GC. Mr Zen - my neighbours only get funny when I take a spade round...
    Thanks All for the identification. It seems to be as Axl states Pennisetum cream falls. :thmb: I'll find one in my local GC. Mr Zen - my neighbours only get funny when I take a spade round and start digging their plants up ! :D
    Thanks All for the identification. It seems to be as Axl states Pennisetum cream falls. :thmb: I'll find one in my local GC. Mr Zen - my neighbours only get funny when I take a spade round and start digging their plants up ! :D
    Thanks All for the identification. It seems to be as Axl states Pennisetum cream falls. :thmb: I'll find one in my local GC. Mr Zen - my neighbours only get funny when I take a spade round...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. kamchow

help with identification please

Very poisonous though, holiday makers have been known to use the stems as skequers to barbecue meat, as they grow very straight & on the coast. The meat absorbed the poison & killed em....
    Very poisonous though, holiday makers have been known to use the stems as skequers to barbecue meat, as they grow very straight & on the coast. The meat absorbed the poison & killed em. Take note Sussexgardener, this one is a must for your poisonous garden.
    Very poisonous though, holiday makers have been known to use the stems as skequers to barbecue meat, as they grow very straight & on the coast. The meat absorbed the poison & killed em. Take note Sussexgardener, this one is a must for your...
    Very poisonous though, holiday makers have been known to use the stems as skequers to barbecue meat, as they grow very straight & on the coast. The meat absorbed the poison & killed em....
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Makka-Bakka

Hosta's - identification!

There are over 300 types of Hosta and they keep making more all the time. I have several types on my property. What you discribe can be close to any number of them, but slightly off. Just enjoy...
    There are over 300 types of Hosta and they keep making more all the time. I have several types on my property. What you discribe can be close to any number of them, but slightly off. Just enjoy and venture forward for other types.
    There are over 300 types of Hosta and they keep making more all the time. I have several types on my property. What you discribe can be close to any number of them, but slightly off. Just enjoy and venture forward for other types.
    There are over 300 types of Hosta and they keep making more all the time. I have several types on my property. What you discribe can be close to any number of them, but slightly off. Just enjoy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Martin Holst

Corfu wildflowers to id. Help please?

Number 1 could be Smilax aspera, it's a very common climber on the Greek islands.
    Number 1 could be Smilax aspera, it's a very common climber on the Greek islands.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. nick pace

Help Identify Shrub

I would say Star Jasmine, Trachelospermum.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. roryscarlett

Just moved in and need help with ID'ing some shrubs...

Your Viburnum xbodnantense 'Dawn' will have lovely fragrant flowers on the bare winter stems if you leave it alone, maybe you could give it a prune in the spring if it really is too big? The...
    Your Viburnum xbodnantense 'Dawn' will have lovely fragrant flowers on the bare winter stems if you leave it alone, maybe you could give it a prune in the spring if it really is too big? The Cornus is mainly useful for it's red winter stem effect. Wait until March and then cut it right down...
    Your Viburnum xbodnantense 'Dawn' will have lovely fragrant flowers on the bare winter stems if you leave it alone, maybe you could give it a prune in the spring if it really is too big? The Cornus is mainly useful for it's red winter stem...
    Your Viburnum xbodnantense 'Dawn' will have lovely fragrant flowers on the bare winter stems if you leave it alone, maybe you could give it a prune in the spring if it really is too big? The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl

Acer ID

Thank you very much ruralgardener. I love Acers. We have many different cultivars, but my knowledge is tiny, when compared to the really knowledgeable folk on the Maple forums on UBC. Many are...
    Thank you very much ruralgardener. I love Acers. We have many different cultivars, but my knowledge is tiny, when compared to the really knowledgeable folk on the Maple forums on UBC. Many are members of the Maple Society.
    Thank you very much ruralgardener. I love Acers. We have many different cultivars, but my knowledge is tiny, when compared to the really knowledgeable folk on the Maple forums on UBC. Many are members of the Maple Society.
    Thank you very much ruralgardener. I love Acers. We have many different cultivars, but my knowledge is tiny, when compared to the really knowledgeable folk on the Maple forums on UBC. Many are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ian83

poisonous berries?

The blackbirds in my garden must be immune to the poison, unless they sit there nursing tummy aches every night!
    The blackbirds in my garden must be immune to the poison, unless they sit there nursing tummy aches every night!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice