1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. AKULA

Border plant ID please.

Bergenia it is then, thanks very much folks! Wayne
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Senorclarky

A Couple of Anons

The second one with small white flowers looks like something I have in my garden I know it as Grandpas buttons, is Achillea ptarmica its latin name.
    The second one with small white flowers looks like something I have in my garden I know it as Grandpas buttons, is Achillea ptarmica its latin name.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Roberto

unknown blue flowers

Well called Marley, spot on.:gnthb::gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Tuppence

What am I called?

I am sure Victoria is right. When you said it only flowers every two or three years, my first reaction was that it was a bulb from a hot climate, and not every year has been hot enough for it to...
    I am sure Victoria is right. When you said it only flowers every two or three years, my first reaction was that it was a bulb from a hot climate, and not every year has been hot enough for it to flower.
    I am sure Victoria is right. When you said it only flowers every two or three years, my first reaction was that it was a bulb from a hot climate, and not every year has been hot enough for it to flower.
    I am sure Victoria is right. When you said it only flowers every two or three years, my first reaction was that it was a bulb from a hot climate, and not every year has been hot enough for it to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. chalky76

Can anyone ID this Australian plant please?

Thanks for the ID
    Thanks for the ID
    Thanks for the ID
    Thanks for the ID
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Axl

Aaaaagh!

:lollol:thanks for answering. It was a Selinum.I'm having one of those evenings, had to look up Evening Primrose as well :dh:
    :lollol:thanks for answering. It was a Selinum.I'm having one of those evenings, had to look up Evening Primrose as well :dh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Davec

Green Things...

Wow, you got walnuts. Usually takes 20 old years to fruit, nice one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mick

unknown

Thanks MF thats definetly the one. :gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. killingtime

Id this tree diseased?

Didn't know about that one, looks great, did a job near there some years back, bother. Didn't realise sweet chestnuts have been naturalised for that long. Yeah, sorry about the hijack...
    Didn't know about that one, looks great, did a job near there some years back, bother. Didn't realise sweet chestnuts have been naturalised for that long. Yeah, sorry about the hijack killingtime, Marley & I just get a bit piratical about plants :lollol:
    Didn't know about that one, looks great, did a job near there some years back, bother. Didn't realise sweet chestnuts have been naturalised for that long. Yeah, sorry about the hijack killingtime, Marley & I just get a bit piratical about...
    Didn't know about that one, looks great, did a job near there some years back, bother. Didn't realise sweet chestnuts have been naturalised for that long. Yeah, sorry about the hijack...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. andrewh

A few easy ones?

I'm fairly sure it's not a Laurel, or a Prunus type false laurel. The leaves are in a sort of rosette, which had a flower in the middle earlier in the year by the looks of the seedhead. My...
    I'm fairly sure it's not a Laurel, or a Prunus type false laurel. The leaves are in a sort of rosette, which had a flower in the middle earlier in the year by the looks of the seedhead. My candidates were Pieris or Daphne, but I don't think it is either. And my initial thought was...
    I'm fairly sure it's not a Laurel, or a Prunus type false laurel. The leaves are in a sort of rosette, which had a flower in the middle earlier in the year by the looks of the seedhead. My candidates were Pieris or Daphne, but I don't think it...
    I'm fairly sure it's not a Laurel, or a Prunus type false laurel. The leaves are in a sort of rosette, which had a flower in the middle earlier in the year by the looks of the seedhead. My...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. greatscot

What is the name of this?

Definitely looks like Alstromeria. They come in all colours. I don't think you'll have any problem finding some to grow. And they will stand in a vase for 3 weeks min.
    Definitely looks like Alstromeria. They come in all colours. I don't think you'll have any problem finding some to grow. And they will stand in a vase for 3 weeks min.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Frisky

What type of Iris is this?

Good evening Frisky and welcome to the site. Palustris is spot on. It`s a Sisyrinchium.:gnthb:
    Good evening Frisky and welcome to the site. Palustris is spot on. It`s a Sisyrinchium.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. TheReluctantGardeners

Unknown small tree - help needed to identify

Thank you all very much for your replies. Now I can find out how to care for it.
    Thank you all very much for your replies. Now I can find out how to care for it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. andrewhutch1

Anyone know what tyoe of lily this is?

It certainly looks very happy so you are doing it right.. When they finish flowering & you have dead headed I like to give mine a good feed then before they start to die down for the winter.. I...
    It certainly looks very happy so you are doing it right.. When they finish flowering & you have dead headed I like to give mine a good feed then before they start to die down for the winter.. I overwinter mine in a very sheltered spot at the side of the big shed, so not really exposed to the...
    It certainly looks very happy so you are doing it right.. When they finish flowering & you have dead headed I like to give mine a good feed then before they start to die down for the winter.. I overwinter mine in a very sheltered spot at the side...
    It certainly looks very happy so you are doing it right.. When they finish flowering & you have dead headed I like to give mine a good feed then before they start to die down for the winter.. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Freedom_Spark

Any ideas?

This beaitiful poppy was out this morning, anyone know what it is? I love it! Also these? Sorry the pic is a little blurred.
    This beaitiful poppy was out this morning, anyone know what it is? I love it! Also these? Sorry the pic is a little blurred.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. shiney

Yellow Salsify?

:thumb: Yes I was quite surprised to find it all out too shiney, but yes I think I would move it though.. :D
    :thumb: Yes I was quite surprised to find it all out too shiney, but yes I think I would move it though.. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. scooby-mas

House Plant

You're right Pete. Mother in laws tongue, and all succulents, will rot if they are kept too wet. I thought we were talking about plants that would do well on total neglect - a little bit of water...
    You're right Pete. Mother in laws tongue, and all succulents, will rot if they are kept too wet. I thought we were talking about plants that would do well on total neglect - a little bit of water when they were remembered about.
    You're right Pete. Mother in laws tongue, and all succulents, will rot if they are kept too wet. I thought we were talking about plants that would do well on total neglect - a little bit of water when they were remembered about.
    You're right Pete. Mother in laws tongue, and all succulents, will rot if they are kept too wet. I thought we were talking about plants that would do well on total neglect - a little bit of water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rikchard

Strange Tree

Thanks folks! I really appreciate the quick replies, I'm new to GC, and new to serious(?) gardening, having taken early retirement at the beginning of this year. Got lots of questions so I'm off...
    Thanks folks! I really appreciate the quick replies, I'm new to GC, and new to serious(?) gardening, having taken early retirement at the beginning of this year. Got lots of questions so I'm off to formulate some new posts.......... Cheers:D Rik.
    Thanks folks! I really appreciate the quick replies, I'm new to GC, and new to serious(?) gardening, having taken early retirement at the beginning of this year. Got lots of questions so I'm off to formulate some new posts.......... Cheers:D Rik.
    Thanks folks! I really appreciate the quick replies, I'm new to GC, and new to serious(?) gardening, having taken early retirement at the beginning of this year. Got lots of questions so I'm off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Pete02

My Mystery Plant

Brilliant!! thank you Sussexgardener & jovi, another mystery solved.Pete
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. fox_cream
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice