1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. glosmike

What is this one please ?

Well I thought aquilegia when I first saw it .. it’s just that I’ve never had any as low and bushy as that before. I don’t think it’s an anemone but I’m not putting myself up as any sort of expert !
    Well I thought aquilegia when I first saw it .. it’s just that I’ve never had any as low and bushy as that before. I don’t think it’s an anemone but I’m not putting myself up as any sort of expert !
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Nutcracker South Somerset

Solved Another unknown rhizome

Fairly certain it is Acorus Ogon, certainly the roots look like mine when I divide it. A useful plant for boggy areas.
    Fairly certain it is Acorus Ogon, certainly the roots look like mine when I divide it. A useful plant for boggy areas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. OwdPotter

Fungi ID

Thank you. That completely rules out my suggestion.Pics below are honey fungus...including the black boot laces.
    Thank you. That completely rules out my suggestion.Pics below are honey fungus...including the black boot laces.
    IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0712.JPG BOLETUS  EDULIS  PENNY  BUN 15-08-2014 17-01-45.JPG BOLETUS  EDULIS 13-09-2022 11-54-37.JPG BOLETUS  EDULIS 13-09-2022 12-00-53.JPG IMG_0714.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Prestwich Gardener

What is this?

I had something similar and when I pulled them, it turned out they originated from my over enthusiastic Rosa Rugosa.
    I had something similar and when I pulled them, it turned out they originated from my over enthusiastic Rosa Rugosa.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mrs. B.

Solved What in the name of evil is this?

I have got a blackcurrant about 10ft away but it's not prickly. Definitely not the same. I don't really know why I've still got it, we dont really eat them and neither does anything else. :biggrin:
    I have got a blackcurrant about 10ft away but it's not prickly. Definitely not the same. I don't really know why I've still got it, we dont really eat them and neither does anything else. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dropmore

Solved What this creeping under the fence.

Or a different month! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Snorky85

Solved Memory is bad…Id needed

Thank you! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Deesidequine

Solved DO you know this plant?

That's interesting @Silver surfer. Quine is a fairly common surname on the Isle of Man.
    That's interesting @Silver surfer. Quine is a fairly common surname on the Isle of Man.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fran IOM

Solved Plant ID please

And have spotted in garden centres this year a lot more ornamental prunus alongside it with different colour and size flowers while keeping the interesting structure of Kojo-no-mai like Oshidori...
    And have spotted in garden centres this year a lot more ornamental prunus alongside it with different colour and size flowers while keeping the interesting structure of Kojo-no-mai like Oshidori which hadn't seen in the flesh that many times previously.
    And have spotted in garden centres this year a lot more ornamental prunus alongside it with different colour and size flowers while keeping the interesting structure of Kojo-no-mai like Oshidori which hadn't seen in the flesh that many times...
    And have spotted in garden centres this year a lot more ornamental prunus alongside it with different colour and size flowers while keeping the interesting structure of Kojo-no-mai like Oshidori...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Wild_Violet

Solved Can anyone identify this orange flower?

Must say, Rosa The Prince looks fab,
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ergates
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. earlydaze

Naming the enemy- ID help please

I think mine probably came from Woolworths as well, probably in a mixed pack, when we first bought the house and I knew next to nothing about gardening but just bought what caught my eye (and was...
    I think mine probably came from Woolworths as well, probably in a mixed pack, when we first bought the house and I knew next to nothing about gardening but just bought what caught my eye (and was cheap enough 'cos most of the cash went on doing up the house and paying the mortgage - double...
    I think mine probably came from Woolworths as well, probably in a mixed pack, when we first bought the house and I knew next to nothing about gardening but just bought what caught my eye (and was cheap enough 'cos most of the cash went on doing...
    I think mine probably came from Woolworths as well, probably in a mixed pack, when we first bought the house and I knew next to nothing about gardening but just bought what caught my eye (and was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Passport1

Solved What is this plant and why are the leaves (fronds) starting to die ?

I agree, hippeastrum. Like most (or maybe all?) bulbs, the leaves die back when it's done it's stuff for the year.
    I agree, hippeastrum. Like most (or maybe all?) bulbs, the leaves die back when it's done it's stuff for the year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sheal

Solved Something blue

Thanks @micearguers, you've jogged my memory. :thumbsup: They were in pots until two years ago when I planted them out. I thought they'd died not having seen them last year.
    Thanks @micearguers, you've jogged my memory. :thumbsup: They were in pots until two years ago when I planted them out. I thought they'd died not having seen them last year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. BB3

Solved Spanish Bluebell or Agapanthus?

Nice to see you @RowlandsCastle
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nutcracker South Somerset

Mystery rhizome/tuber

@JWK Heaving again here so will try to look at ours outdoors because didn't know that it could be grown in a pot. Always thought they had to be in the ground.
    @JWK Heaving again here so will try to look at ours outdoors because didn't know that it could be grown in a pot. Always thought they had to be in the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Pink678

Solved What is this large house plant? ID

Wow, 10 metres - needs a hole in the ceiling! I'll let him know to think about repotting.
    Wow, 10 metres - needs a hole in the ceiling! I'll let him know to think about repotting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ergates

Are these Hosta seedlings?

I can't really tell as we now grow all ours by splitting them but from memory (not so good nowadays) I don't remember a single leaf stage :scratch:. Otherwise they do look somewhat like Hostas.
    I can't really tell as we now grow all ours by splitting them but from memory (not so good nowadays) I don't remember a single leaf stage :scratch:. Otherwise they do look somewhat like Hostas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tui34

Solved What is this weed, please?

Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to...
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to a less dry bed for next year. Thanks again. Head now held high!!
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to a less dry bed for next year. Thanks again. Head...
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Billi

Can I have an ID on this bulb please?

Anyone's guess until it flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice