Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Paladin

And these are...?

As Pete says, the first one is Prunus Lusitanicus or Portugese Laurel.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Martin Holst

Menorca wildflowers help please

Hi, Martin.Yes, the Mesembryanthemum are quite different in the Med in their natural habitat than known as the cultivated species. Actually, I must correct myself, it's not the Ice Plant that is...
    Hi, Martin.Yes, the Mesembryanthemum are quite different in the Med in their natural habitat than known as the cultivated species. Actually, I must correct myself, it's not the Ice Plant that is M crystallinum.No, No 2 is certainly not a Centaury as far as I can see .. but I'll let you know...
    Hi, Martin.Yes, the Mesembryanthemum are quite different in the Med in their natural habitat than known as the cultivated species. Actually, I must correct myself, it's not the Ice Plant that is M crystallinum.No, No 2 is certainly not a...
    Hi, Martin.Yes, the Mesembryanthemum are quite different in the Med in their natural habitat than known as the cultivated species. Actually, I must correct myself, it's not the Ice Plant that is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lb7110

Whats this shrub please??

yep you were right, thanks so much for that!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. maisymouse

Doesn't look like lettuce to me?

Maisy, you may have better luck if you plant a few seeds in one pot, and then prick out the resulting plants.Am I getting this right you actually planted three seeds, one in each pot:).I think...
    Maisy, you may have better luck if you plant a few seeds in one pot, and then prick out the resulting plants.Am I getting this right you actually planted three seeds, one in each pot:).I think no 1 and no 3 could be oil seed rape,(might not be) often comes from bird seed.
    Maisy, you may have better luck if you plant a few seeds in one pot, and then prick out the resulting plants.Am I getting this right you actually planted three seeds, one in each pot:).I think no 1 and no 3 could be oil seed rape,(might not be)...
    Maisy, you may have better luck if you plant a few seeds in one pot, and then prick out the resulting plants.Am I getting this right you actually planted three seeds, one in each pot:).I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. robocod10

two unknown fir trees i have

thanks for all the replies!i noticed yesterday the tree has started to grow a upright stem, which i think is damn decent of it!!i will keep you all informed of its progress
    thanks for all the replies!i noticed yesterday the tree has started to grow a upright stem, which i think is damn decent of it!!i will keep you all informed of its progress
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Debbie

can any one help

thankyou :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. luercyin

Weed or plant?

Its a native wildflower. But I like it in the garden too as it flowers for a very long period of time. The flowers are normally purple but there is a pink variety too called 'Cannon Went'.
    Its a native wildflower. But I like it in the garden too as it flowers for a very long period of time. The flowers are normally purple but there is a pink variety too called 'Cannon Went'.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. laodan

Help identifying tree and whether it can be revived

It's unlikely that this can be saved. They have a central core that stores water, so the tree can survive in hot climates. Because of the sub-zero temperatures earlier this year, this will have...
    It's unlikely that this can be saved. They have a central core that stores water, so the tree can survive in hot climates. Because of the sub-zero temperatures earlier this year, this will have frozen rock-solid and likely killed it off. Most people will have cut these down now. Though you can...
    It's unlikely that this can be saved. They have a central core that stores water, so the tree can survive in hot climates. Because of the sub-zero temperatures earlier this year, this will have frozen rock-solid and likely killed it off. Most...
    It's unlikely that this can be saved. They have a central core that stores water, so the tree can survive in hot climates. Because of the sub-zero temperatures earlier this year, this will have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. simmel

Unnown tree

Looks like a flowering hawthorn to me...Helen
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bashy

Is this a weed?

Looks beautiful on all the verges of the roads around here though, in the summer
    Looks beautiful on all the verges of the roads around here though, in the summer
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Victoria Plum

can anyone id this seedling?

I'd say it's Nigella (Love in a mist)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Nibbles

Not sure.

edit: I just pulled them out, it was definitely draining the rosemary of life and the other tree in the first pic. The last people tried to kill it off but left the roots in.
    edit: I just pulled them out, it was definitely draining the rosemary of life and the other tree in the first pic. The last people tried to kill it off but left the roots in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Victoria Plum

Another self seeder!

Hmm... anyone think it could be bachelor buttons? I can't see it being lambs ears, no others in this part of garden. It's huge so it'll have to come out!
    Hmm... anyone think it could be bachelor buttons? I can't see it being lambs ears, no others in this part of garden. It's huge so it'll have to come out!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Axie-Ali

Insect ID

Thanks Marley, now I know what they are too. I've been wondering what they were as there are a lot around at the mo. Chris
    Thanks Marley, now I know what they are too. I've been wondering what they were as there are a lot around at the mo. Chris
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ScarletBerry

Plant Identification Help Please

Just pinch the seed heads off so it doesn't have a chance to set more seed then & you will be ok.. :wink: It is quite attractive, I also have some Water Avens & they are even more attractive, but...
    Just pinch the seed heads off so it doesn't have a chance to set more seed then & you will be ok.. :wink: It is quite attractive, I also have some Water Avens & they are even more attractive, but don't spread so.. :thumb::D
    Just pinch the seed heads off so it doesn't have a chance to set more seed then & you will be ok.. :wink: It is quite attractive, I also have some Water Avens & they are even more attractive, but don't spread so.. :thumb::D
    Just pinch the seed heads off so it doesn't have a chance to set more seed then & you will be ok.. :wink: It is quite attractive, I also have some Water Avens & they are even more attractive, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lyris

Rented Garden, need help with ID plants please

Thank you very much for your replies :)I looked up that Ground Elder one because thats one of them that has take over nearly the entire surface of a large raised bed area. From what i can...
    Thank you very much for your replies :)I looked up that Ground Elder one because thats one of them that has take over nearly the entire surface of a large raised bed area. From what i can gather it likes to take over everything? In which case I probably should be trying to get rid of it...
    Thank you very much for your replies :)I looked up that Ground Elder one because thats one of them that has take over nearly the entire surface of a large raised bed area. From what i can gather it likes to take over everything? In which...
    Thank you very much for your replies :)I looked up that Ground Elder one because thats one of them that has take over nearly the entire surface of a large raised bed area. From what i can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. robocod10

unknown wild plant, with vivid blue flower

sorry about that guys, i was trying to find it, then i noticed a random post on google images.....
    sorry about that guys, i was trying to find it, then i noticed a random post on google images.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. GeorgeBean

Whats this?

Definately an Iris it has rhizomes, hopefully will give you lovely flowers but sadly they don't last very long
    Definately an Iris it has rhizomes, hopefully will give you lovely flowers but sadly they don't last very long
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. geoff33

Can anyone tell me what this tree is?

Thanks Marley.It has just had the hardest "prune" of its life. I removed about a third of the branches. Hopefully it will respond with lots of nice flowers.Geoff
    Thanks Marley.It has just had the hardest "prune" of its life. I removed about a third of the branches. Hopefully it will respond with lots of nice flowers.Geoff
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Louise

Seedling / weed ID

Oh yes! I am plagued with these, they are flowering everywhere. There well may have self seeded in the area that is now my veggie patch as I don't know what was there before I started digging....
    Oh yes! I am plagued with these, they are flowering everywhere. There well may have self seeded in the area that is now my veggie patch as I don't know what was there before I started digging. Thank you I can carry on pulling them out with gusto.
    Oh yes! I am plagued with these, they are flowering everywhere. There well may have self seeded in the area that is now my veggie patch as I don't know what was there before I started digging. Thank you I can carry on pulling them out with gusto.
    Oh yes! I am plagued with these, they are flowering everywhere. There well may have self seeded in the area that is now my veggie patch as I don't know what was there before I started digging....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice