1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. AirAssisted

ID needed please

Thanks Palustris. I looked it up in my book, but the description for both was essentially identical, and they both come from the hills of Croatia. So I haven't a clue what mine is. I love mine and...
    Thanks Palustris. I looked it up in my book, but the description for both was essentially identical, and they both come from the hills of Croatia. So I haven't a clue what mine is. I love mine and don't find it a bit thuggish. But I think whether a plant is a thug or not depends a lot on your...
    Thanks Palustris. I looked it up in my book, but the description for both was essentially identical, and they both come from the hills of Croatia. So I haven't a clue what mine is. I love mine and don't find it a bit thuggish. But I think whether...
    Thanks Palustris. I looked it up in my book, but the description for both was essentially identical, and they both come from the hills of Croatia. So I haven't a clue what mine is. I love mine and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Marley Farley

Can anyone put a name to this for me..??

:thumb:Thanks Aaron, I have just the place too then.. I just love it & the colour is wonderful.. :thumb:
    :thumb:Thanks Aaron, I have just the place too then.. I just love it & the colour is wonderful.. :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. NewGardener

Mushroom Identification?

I know JWK, I wouldn't eat anything unless certain. I am waiting, most likely in vain, for my shiitake mushrooms to sprout, they're on a birch trunk, I hope they do grow though :)
    I know JWK, I wouldn't eat anything unless certain. I am waiting, most likely in vain, for my shiitake mushrooms to sprout, they're on a birch trunk, I hope they do grow though :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Dorrie

Seed/Seedling ID site

Dorrie - many thanks. Its an excellent site.I had seen it before and saved it under favorites. But I have so many favorites, I had forgotten all about it.
    Dorrie - many thanks. Its an excellent site.I had seen it before and saved it under favorites. But I have so many favorites, I had forgotten all about it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Riven

Newbie needs a plant identified...

Another quick question. Is there anything in particular I need to consider when cutting it back or do I just snip it off wherever?
    Another quick question. Is there anything in particular I need to consider when cutting it back or do I just snip it off wherever?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. 2lap

Shrub ID and taming advice

Looks like Cotoneaster horizontalis flowers found on google, but not the growth habit as it is a big bush. Also, I've not noticed berries. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.... thanks for the...
    Looks like Cotoneaster horizontalis flowers found on google, but not the growth habit as it is a big bush. Also, I've not noticed berries. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.... thanks for the help. :-)
    Looks like Cotoneaster horizontalis flowers found on google, but not the growth habit as it is a big bush. Also, I've not noticed berries. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.... thanks for the help. :-)
    Looks like Cotoneaster horizontalis flowers found on google, but not the growth habit as it is a big bush. Also, I've not noticed berries. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.... thanks for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. juniper

ID: Weed? Christmas tree shaped, soft leaves

Welcome to the forum Juniper. Some of us don't have the best of eyesight - could you make your type size a little bit bigger as we want to read it. it all goes with the the territory you know.
    Welcome to the forum Juniper. Some of us don't have the best of eyesight - could you make your type size a little bit bigger as we want to read it. it all goes with the the territory you know.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dorrie

I have no idea but it is very pretty!

It could well be, the leaves are very similar and we have planted it beside fruit bushes but I don't remember it having flowers or fruit before. Also the petals on mine are in multiple layers and...
    It could well be, the leaves are very similar and we have planted it beside fruit bushes but I don't remember it having flowers or fruit before. Also the petals on mine are in multiple layers and so far the ones I have found online are single petal layers. Thank you though, I will do some more...
    It could well be, the leaves are very similar and we have planted it beside fruit bushes but I don't remember it having flowers or fruit before. Also the petals on mine are in multiple layers and so far the ones I have found online are single...
    It could well be, the leaves are very similar and we have planted it beside fruit bushes but I don't remember it having flowers or fruit before. Also the petals on mine are in multiple layers and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Agatha_M

Perennial ID - in pairs!

Hello Agatha My computer skills are woefully inadequate - unable to find any pictures - unable to help! Hope you get better answers than this one.........
    Hello Agatha My computer skills are woefully inadequate - unable to find any pictures - unable to help! Hope you get better answers than this one.........
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. LucyChin

Unknown plant

Sorry !! It was about a foot tall, and I don't remember what the leaves were like. It was found in Suffolk.
    Sorry !! It was about a foot tall, and I don't remember what the leaves were like. It was found in Suffolk.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Freddy

Unknown Tree (shrub?)

Can I just ask something on your thread Freddie?We had a staghorn sumac in the garden where I grew up and I loved it, so did the birds.I would like to plant one in my garden, as I think it...
    Can I just ask something on your thread Freddie?We had a staghorn sumac in the garden where I grew up and I loved it, so did the birds.I would like to plant one in my garden, as I think it could be the answer to my screening problems, but I'd like a little advice from other peoples...
    Can I just ask something on your thread Freddie?We had a staghorn sumac in the garden where I grew up and I loved it, so did the birds.I would like to plant one in my garden, as I think it could be the answer to my screening problems, but I'd...
    Can I just ask something on your thread Freddie?We had a staghorn sumac in the garden where I grew up and I loved it, so did the birds.I would like to plant one in my garden, as I think it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sue_marie

please help me identify this shrub

I've looked at lots of images of camellia japonica and its variations, but although it's close, it's not close enough to be my shrub. The petals weren't waxy (they've all gone now) and the leaves...
    I've looked at lots of images of camellia japonica and its variations, but although it's close, it's not close enough to be my shrub. The petals weren't waxy (they've all gone now) and the leaves are 2cm max. Also, it doesn't have one main 'trunk' but is growing from several thin ones, each...
    I've looked at lots of images of camellia japonica and its variations, but although it's close, it's not close enough to be my shrub. The petals weren't waxy (they've all gone now) and the leaves are 2cm max. Also, it doesn't have one main...
    I've looked at lots of images of camellia japonica and its variations, but although it's close, it's not close enough to be my shrub. The petals weren't waxy (they've all gone now) and the leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kedi-Gato

A flower and a grass ID please -

The grass could be Annual Meadow Grass (Poa annua). It's an annual that self-seeds everywhere, so the best way to control it is hoe or weed it out when it comes up. You can't do much else, really....
    The grass could be Annual Meadow Grass (Poa annua). It's an annual that self-seeds everywhere, so the best way to control it is hoe or weed it out when it comes up. You can't do much else, really. The flower definitely looks like a Tagete, but I've no idea what species or variety.
    The grass could be Annual Meadow Grass (Poa annua). It's an annual that self-seeds everywhere, so the best way to control it is hoe or weed it out when it comes up. You can't do much else, really. The flower definitely looks like a Tagete, but...
    The grass could be Annual Meadow Grass (Poa annua). It's an annual that self-seeds everywhere, so the best way to control it is hoe or weed it out when it comes up. You can't do much else, really....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hughesyboy

I don't remember planting this !

:cnfs:Can anyone identify this plant. When it first appeared, I thought it was another Jacob's Ladder. But as you can see, it isn't. A friend said it could be a Corydallis. But the leaf form is...
    :cnfs:Can anyone identify this plant. When it first appeared, I thought it was another Jacob's Ladder. But as you can see, it isn't. A friend said it could be a Corydallis. But the leaf form is different to any I have seen. Anyone got any ideas??? Thank you
    :cnfs:Can anyone identify this plant. When it first appeared, I thought it was another Jacob's Ladder. But as you can see, it isn't. A friend said it could be a Corydallis. But the leaf form is different to any I have seen. Anyone got any...
    :cnfs:Can anyone identify this plant. When it first appeared, I thought it was another Jacob's Ladder. But as you can see, it isn't. A friend said it could be a Corydallis. But the leaf form is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. prettyplant

Purple/blue bush/shrub thing

The other thing is you say you have a 'little' garden and ceanothus can grow very large - as is the case with the specimen you've been admiring. One cultivar, 'Trewithen Blue' can grow to twenty...
    The other thing is you say you have a 'little' garden and ceanothus can grow very large - as is the case with the specimen you've been admiring. One cultivar, 'Trewithen Blue' can grow to twenty feet in height and about the same in width. Smaller varieties which are more suitable for tiny...
    The other thing is you say you have a 'little' garden and ceanothus can grow very large - as is the case with the specimen you've been admiring. One cultivar, 'Trewithen Blue' can grow to twenty feet in height and about the same in width. ...
    The other thing is you say you have a 'little' garden and ceanothus can grow very large - as is the case with the specimen you've been admiring. One cultivar, 'Trewithen Blue' can grow to twenty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. arturner51

What is this weed? grrrrr

Sorry, Andy, it's hard to tell from your photos. Those tangled stems look like the stripped stems of one of the clover family i.e. as if the leaves have died off but the stems remain. This...
    Sorry, Andy, it's hard to tell from your photos. Those tangled stems look like the stripped stems of one of the clover family i.e. as if the leaves have died off but the stems remain. This probably happened when you killed the moss.If they are a form of clover, they're tough and tend to...
    Sorry, Andy, it's hard to tell from your photos. Those tangled stems look like the stripped stems of one of the clover family i.e. as if the leaves have died off but the stems remain. This probably happened when you killed the moss.If they...
    Sorry, Andy, it's hard to tell from your photos. Those tangled stems look like the stripped stems of one of the clover family i.e. as if the leaves have died off but the stems remain. This...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sunflower4u

Anyone know what type of plant this is?

Its Caper Spurge, Euphorbia lathyrus Whether it's a weed or not is a matter of opinion, I find it interesting enough to leave in odd corners Yes it does self seed but is easily hoed up at an...
    Its Caper Spurge, Euphorbia lathyrus Whether it's a weed or not is a matter of opinion, I find it interesting enough to leave in odd corners Yes it does self seed but is easily hoed up at an early stage
    Its Caper Spurge, Euphorbia lathyrus Whether it's a weed or not is a matter of opinion, I find it interesting enough to leave in odd corners Yes it does self seed but is easily hoed up at an early stage
    Its Caper Spurge, Euphorbia lathyrus Whether it's a weed or not is a matter of opinion, I find it interesting enough to leave in odd corners Yes it does self seed but is easily hoed up at an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. SandHill

What is this? How did it get into my garden?

Definitely verbascum. It can look quite impressive and architectural. It is the favourite haunt of the mullein caterpillar (mullein moth) which has a striking black and yellow striped body. If...
    Definitely verbascum. It can look quite impressive and architectural. It is the favourite haunt of the mullein caterpillar (mullein moth) which has a striking black and yellow striped body. If you have the room then you should keep it.
    Definitely verbascum. It can look quite impressive and architectural. It is the favourite haunt of the mullein caterpillar (mullein moth) which has a striking black and yellow striped body. If you have the room then you should keep it.
    Definitely verbascum. It can look quite impressive and architectural. It is the favourite haunt of the mullein caterpillar (mullein moth) which has a striking black and yellow striped body. If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. hughesyboy

What are these plants

Hi there, thank you for that info
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Douzeper

What is it?

Definitely a Japanese Azalea.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice