1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. rondeco

Evergreen shrub ID help ?

It could be Chamaecyparis pisifera Squarrosa.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ming

Mystery plant !

It has lovely pink blossom
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. completely green but keen

Picture quiz - do you know what this is?

many thanks joyce
    many thanks joyce
    many thanks joyce
    many thanks joyce
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rosa

Balcony Flower ID

thanks victoria, i nearly said sam it was a trailing geranium but wasnt sure, that solves that problem
    thanks victoria, i nearly said sam it was a trailing geranium but wasnt sure, that solves that problem
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. clueless1

Pics from Eden Project to ID

I have no idea to be honest the p[picture above could be of either as I have never grown them:o
    I have no idea to be honest the p[picture above could be of either as I have never grown them:o
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. GazSuttonUK

Anyone know?

If you look at the link below the leaves of the Hedgewort in the right hand photo are Heartshaped and yet the leaves on the left hand photo like the OP photo are thinner and longer so now I am...
    If you look at the link below the leaves of the Hedgewort in the right hand photo are Heartshaped and yet the leaves on the left hand photo like the OP photo are thinner and longer so now I am more confused than ever.I think I need a lie down:D:old: PS,Do the leaves smell like Mint? and yes they...
    If you look at the link below the leaves of the Hedgewort in the right hand photo are Heartshaped and yet the leaves on the left hand photo like the OP photo are thinner and longer so now I am more confused than ever.I think I need a lie down:D:old:...
    If you look at the link below the leaves of the Hedgewort in the right hand photo are Heartshaped and yet the leaves on the left hand photo like the OP photo are thinner and longer so now I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. growth

Need a couple of disease ID's

and they are very small millimetre ish sized lumps. They are the yellow bit in the last picture and sometimes can look slightly orange. As I said, slow release fertiliser.:gnthb:
    and they are very small millimetre ish sized lumps. They are the yellow bit in the last picture and sometimes can look slightly orange. As I said, slow release fertiliser.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shaz365

Help required with trellis bushes/plants

In a nutshell, yes. But you need to choose plants that suit where they'll be planted (shade, dappled shade, full sun) and even the biggest planters will eventually be too small.
    In a nutshell, yes. But you need to choose plants that suit where they'll be planted (shade, dappled shade, full sun) and even the biggest planters will eventually be too small.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. jumanji

Identifying this shrub ...

Yes you are right thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sam1974x

Any idea which Honeysuckle this is ?

Thanks Victoria. I did say maybe Japanesse Honeysuckle on my first post, so glad you think it is also. If not, it has to be as near as damn it! Will see if I can find one for sale somewhere...
    Thanks Victoria. I did say maybe Japanesse Honeysuckle on my first post, so glad you think it is also. If not, it has to be as near as damn it! Will see if I can find one for sale somewhere local and then if not, try the net. Thanks :)
    Thanks Victoria. I did say maybe Japanesse Honeysuckle on my first post, so glad you think it is also. If not, it has to be as near as damn it! Will see if I can find one for sale somewhere local and then if not, try the net. Thanks :)
    Thanks Victoria. I did say maybe Japanesse Honeysuckle on my first post, so glad you think it is also. If not, it has to be as near as damn it! Will see if I can find one for sale somewhere...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. andybike

here's another plant!

Thanks Strongy. I am sure I have heard something about perennial. I find even the big companies are very naughty about mis-describing many plants, which are not hardy, as annuals.
    Thanks Strongy. I am sure I have heard something about perennial. I find even the big companies are very naughty about mis-describing many plants, which are not hardy, as annuals.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sam1974x

A weed or something nice ?

I planted clematis integrifolia, but what came up was willowherb. How did that happen????
    I planted clematis integrifolia, but what came up was willowherb. How did that happen????
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. capney

ID on this please

Brilliant guess Aesculus, and and a very fine plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. slimzee

Weed

Is this worth using?
    Is this worth using?
    Is this worth using?
    Is this worth using?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Starla

Could someone identify this red flower please?

I would agree with Bob. Most crocosmia are orange, but 'Lucifer' is the most common red one, though I suspect there are other red ones now.
    I would agree with Bob. Most crocosmia are orange, but 'Lucifer' is the most common red one, though I suspect there are other red ones now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. capney

Another, Senior moment

Houseleeks, much easier to remember. Here in Cornwall they grow on the slate roofs of old cottages, hence the house bit, but I've no idea why 'leek'. Or maybe eventually they make the slate porous...
    Houseleeks, much easier to remember. Here in Cornwall they grow on the slate roofs of old cottages, hence the house bit, but I've no idea why 'leek'. Or maybe eventually they make the slate porous and therefore 'leak'? :D
    Houseleeks, much easier to remember. Here in Cornwall they grow on the slate roofs of old cottages, hence the house bit, but I've no idea why 'leek'. Or maybe eventually they make the slate porous and therefore 'leak'? :D
    Houseleeks, much easier to remember. Here in Cornwall they grow on the slate roofs of old cottages, hence the house bit, but I've no idea why 'leek'. Or maybe eventually they make the slate porous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. andybike

are these hardy lobelia?

Sam he would have seen real snow here this year.:D As you mentioned above Petunias are usually grown as annuals here.Peter I haven't, in other countries they probably have heated or mininmal...
    Sam he would have seen real snow here this year.:D As you mentioned above Petunias are usually grown as annuals here.Peter I haven't, in other countries they probably have heated or mininmal heated glasshouses and grow well enough to produce vegetative growth for cuttings. I wouldn't bother...
    Sam he would have seen real snow here this year.:D As you mentioned above Petunias are usually grown as annuals here.Peter I haven't, in other countries they probably have heated or mininmal heated glasshouses and grow well enough to produce...
    Sam he would have seen real snow here this year.:D As you mentioned above Petunias are usually grown as annuals here.Peter I haven't, in other countries they probably have heated or mininmal...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dragonrat

Can someone identify this for me?

That's given me a good starting point. I think it's L. Punctata rather than Vulgaris - the flowers are positioned differently on the plant.
    That's given me a good starting point. I think it's L. Punctata rather than Vulgaris - the flowers are positioned differently on the plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. NewbieGreen

what is this edible?

Tomato seeds are quite often found in compost made from sewage farms - I'll assume you can guess how the seeds get there! They will germinate & grow outside at this time of year quite...
    Tomato seeds are quite often found in compost made from sewage farms - I'll assume you can guess how the seeds get there! They will germinate & grow outside at this time of year quite prolifically. So its not unusual to find them growing like that. The trouble is you won't know what variety it...
    Tomato seeds are quite often found in compost made from sewage farms - I'll assume you can guess how the seeds get there! They will germinate & grow outside at this time of year quite prolifically. So its not unusual to find them growing like...
    Tomato seeds are quite often found in compost made from sewage farms - I'll assume you can guess how the seeds get there! They will germinate & grow outside at this time of year quite...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Steve R

Plant id please

The second one looks like Foxglove to me Steve R.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice