1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. evette77

Is this a flower or weed?

It's a weed Evette. It's easy to get rid of if you don't let it flower and seed. It's worth having a big purge against it for one year - it will save you years of work.
    It's a weed Evette. It's easy to get rid of if you don't let it flower and seed. It's worth having a big purge against it for one year - it will save you years of work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. alnham

Weed or Plant

I would agree with Blackthorn, it does look like the cow parsley family from that angle. But each flower would need to be on a stalk coming from the same place - as in Umbellifer- see hereIt...
    I would agree with Blackthorn, it does look like the cow parsley family from that angle. But each flower would need to be on a stalk coming from the same place - as in Umbellifer- see hereIt looks refined so Ammi majus springs to mind.So many garden plants are not far removed from wild...
    I would agree with Blackthorn, it does look like the cow parsley family from that angle. But each flower would need to be on a stalk coming from the same place - as in Umbellifer- see hereIt looks refined so Ammi majus springs to mind....
    I would agree with Blackthorn, it does look like the cow parsley family from that angle. But each flower would need to be on a stalk coming from the same place - as in Umbellifer- see hereIt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mike Howley

Weed that won`t go away

any help?
    any help?
    any help?
    any help?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. clueless1

What is this pretty orange flower

Using the lead that woo kindly provided, a bit of googled seems to confirm it is Geum coccineum.
    Using the lead that woo kindly provided, a bit of googled seems to confirm it is Geum coccineum.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. dymondlil

Can anyone help with this one?

O.K.! Will do!!:thmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. crrlboo1

Help with this one please

If you get stuck, then PM me in amonths time or so to remind me and I willcollect some seeds from mine for you. I will forget. All plants vary a little from seed, that is how genetics works.
    If you get stuck, then PM me in amonths time or so to remind me and I willcollect some seeds from mine for you. I will forget. All plants vary a little from seed, that is how genetics works.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

IDs required please ....

I have never seen striped roses. I love the pin stripe and george Burns. Thank you WOO
    I have never seen striped roses. I love the pin stripe and george Burns. Thank you WOO
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Rhyleysgranny

Clematis ID Please

I think you are right Bob Thank you. It has the fluffy bits.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. dampsquib

Can anyone identify this plant / weed?

:D ... I'm eating them ... I have six trusses and more on the way ... :yho:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria Plum

Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks chaps!!
    Thanks chaps!!
    Thanks chaps!!
    Thanks chaps!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. SpringsHere

D'ya know what this is? Nobody around here does!!

Thanks Walnut, I'll be getting some seeds of this for next year!!:luv:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. clueless1

What is this odd looking plant?

Thanks all. I'll rip it out tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to risk the Round Up on it, as it is in close proximity to some of my actual chosen plants, although the Round-Up is still employed, as...
    Thanks all. I'll rip it out tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to risk the Round Up on it, as it is in close proximity to some of my actual chosen plants, although the Round-Up is still employed, as I still keep finding the odd bindweed coming up.It's interesting about the seeds staying viable...
    Thanks all. I'll rip it out tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to risk the Round Up on it, as it is in close proximity to some of my actual chosen plants, although the Round-Up is still employed, as I still keep finding the odd bindweed coming...
    Thanks all. I'll rip it out tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to risk the Round Up on it, as it is in close proximity to some of my actual chosen plants, although the Round-Up is still employed, as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bev

Can anyone identify this weed?, plant?

Its a teasel alright, it was probably there last year as a small plant and wasn't noticed.
    Its a teasel alright, it was probably there last year as a small plant and wasn't noticed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Canucks72

Flowering, berry producing bush: ID please?

Yes, so it is! :dh: My goodness though, it's very similar to Viburnum isn't it? Thanks again to the great experts here. :thumb:
    Yes, so it is! :dh: My goodness though, it's very similar to Viburnum isn't it? Thanks again to the great experts here. :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. glasgowgreen

Help with plant ID please.

It's a cultivar of Geranium maculatum, possibly Geranium maculatum Beth Chatto, or G. m. Espresso.
    It's a cultivar of Geranium maculatum, possibly Geranium maculatum Beth Chatto, or G. m. Espresso.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Unknown plant/succulent?

You were probably thinking of the sub shrub Vinca Major.Pot ones come in all colours, they don't grow outside here very well as they need warm humid summers. I remember seeing large beds of...
    You were probably thinking of the sub shrub Vinca Major.Pot ones come in all colours, they don't grow outside here very well as they need warm humid summers. I remember seeing large beds of them in Washington, as you would see Impatiens here.:)
    You were probably thinking of the sub shrub Vinca Major.Pot ones come in all colours, they don't grow outside here very well as they need warm humid summers. I remember seeing large beds of them in Washington, as you would see Impatiens here.:)
    You were probably thinking of the sub shrub Vinca Major.Pot ones come in all colours, they don't grow outside here very well as they need warm humid summers. I remember seeing large beds of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stony

Anyone know what this shrub is?

Pictures have been removed.:hehe: :scratch: What happened?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. robdylan

Please help with some identification

mine aren't!
    mine aren't!
    mine aren't!
    mine aren't!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. SpringsHere

Help please with Plant ID .. dunno what it is!!

Many thanks Pete, I think you're right. Just looked it up and they DO prefer Acid soils.Cheers!!xx
    Many thanks Pete, I think you're right. Just looked it up and they DO prefer Acid soils.Cheers!!xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. NewbieGreen

What are these flies?

If it's not them Newbiegreen I'm happy for you. They used to turn up in my last garden every year in May and those catterpillar like larvae totally skeletalised everything they were on....
    If it's not them Newbiegreen I'm happy for you. They used to turn up in my last garden every year in May and those catterpillar like larvae totally skeletalised everything they were on. Polygonatums were what they liked best.Maybe they're just flies, flies. One year we had a big outbreak of...
    If it's not them Newbiegreen I'm happy for you. They used to turn up in my last garden every year in May and those catterpillar like larvae totally skeletalised everything they were on. Polygonatums were what they liked best.Maybe they're...
    If it's not them Newbiegreen I'm happy for you. They used to turn up in my last garden every year in May and those catterpillar like larvae totally skeletalised everything they were on....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice