1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. GLondon

Flower name

Hi, GLondon and Welcome to GC. Your flower might be a variety of Leucadendron, possibly Salignus or similar, like Proteas they are used floristry. I only thought of this as I had a Leucadendron...
    Hi, GLondon and Welcome to GC. Your flower might be a variety of Leucadendron, possibly Salignus or similar, like Proteas they are used floristry. I only thought of this as I had a Leucadendron Safari Sunset but lost it last winter and the name Safari rang a bell. Google it in images and see if...
    Hi, GLondon and Welcome to GC. Your flower might be a variety of Leucadendron, possibly Salignus or similar, like Proteas they are used floristry. I only thought of this as I had a Leucadendron Safari Sunset but lost it last winter and the name...
    Hi, GLondon and Welcome to GC. Your flower might be a variety of Leucadendron, possibly Salignus or similar, like Proteas they are used floristry. I only thought of this as I had a Leucadendron...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. stephenward1000

What plant is this???

Yep I think that's it although the one at ventnor botanics is slightly different it had a mixture of very very tiny pink, blue, and maybe yellow flowers? on it (might of been because of the rain...
    Yep I think that's it although the one at ventnor botanics is slightly different it had a mixture of very very tiny pink, blue, and maybe yellow flowers? on it (might of been because of the rain washing out the pigments?) but it looked beautiful:luv::luv:This is on my list of "pretty pretty...
    Yep I think that's it although the one at ventnor botanics is slightly different it had a mixture of very very tiny pink, blue, and maybe yellow flowers? on it (might of been because of the rain washing out the pigments?) but it looked...
    Yep I think that's it although the one at ventnor botanics is slightly different it had a mixture of very very tiny pink, blue, and maybe yellow flowers? on it (might of been because of the rain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria Plum

LOTS to identify here - moved house and all these have come up!!!

I agree with Kandyfloss. No 4 could be a Poppy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Martin Holst

Curious aquatic

It's Golden Club, Oronticum Aquaticum, likes boggy ponds swamps and lakes. It is a native of North America.
    It's Golden Club, Oronticum Aquaticum, likes boggy ponds swamps and lakes. It is a native of North America.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jazmine

Urgh what is this?

Thanks Aesculus, yes that looks like the critters. They were enjoying the geranium and mating!!I brushed them off into a container and deposited them on the field. I hope they cannot find...
    Thanks Aesculus, yes that looks like the critters. They were enjoying the geranium and mating!!I brushed them off into a container and deposited them on the field. I hope they cannot find their way back :D
    Thanks Aesculus, yes that looks like the critters. They were enjoying the geranium and mating!!I brushed them off into a container and deposited them on the field. I hope they cannot find their way back :D
    Thanks Aesculus, yes that looks like the critters. They were enjoying the geranium and mating!!I brushed them off into a container and deposited them on the field. I hope they cannot find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PinkFinger

What's her name??

I don't do any of that! I just say to Mrs shiney, "What's that"? Problem solved :gnthb: :hehe: :rotfl:
    I don't do any of that! I just say to Mrs shiney, "What's that"? Problem solved :gnthb: :hehe: :rotfl:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mrsdp

Please help!! Is this a weed??

So what is it in its natural environment in japan that keeps this weed under control?Also OP, it looks like its coming up everywhere in next doors garden, in the last photo.
    So what is it in its natural environment in japan that keeps this weed under control?Also OP, it looks like its coming up everywhere in next doors garden, in the last photo.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. r_s_w

Plant identification

Yes i agree the plant is honesty, when the flowers are finished you get silver disc shaped leaves that you can use with other dried flowers.
    Yes i agree the plant is honesty, when the flowers are finished you get silver disc shaped leaves that you can use with other dried flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. slimzee

What tree is this in my garden?

So I dont need to do regular maintenance like watering every so often to help growth? I was looking inside there and it looked like a browny colour like not very healthy like it is on the outside.
    So I dont need to do regular maintenance like watering every so often to help growth? I was looking inside there and it looked like a browny colour like not very healthy like it is on the outside.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jestlearnin

What are these please?

:) Hello again jestlearin ...Why not join our small 'photography club' ... we're all amateurs and taking photos of the things we love best ....Look here
    :) Hello again jestlearin ...Why not join our small 'photography club' ... we're all amateurs and taking photos of the things we love best ....Look here
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

I D Please

Hope it's me next!!:yho:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. PeterGreenMan

Could this be Asparagus?

My plan is that long-hours worked in the Spring leads to much less hours being needed in the Summer and Autumn. and thus more time to sit in the garden and enjoy it!
    My plan is that long-hours worked in the Spring leads to much less hours being needed in the Summer and Autumn. and thus more time to sit in the garden and enjoy it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GazSuttonUK

Anyone identify this seedling?

Looks like a Tree Peony seedling to me,something to look forward to it flowering, it will be a test of your dedication.:)
    Looks like a Tree Peony seedling to me,something to look forward to it flowering, it will be a test of your dedication.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. RandyRos

mother in laws weird plant

'Ceo' and 'Seal' very similar.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Victoria Plum

HELP!!! Assistance identifying plants please

I think the first one is Astilbe, the others Lady's Mantle and Geranium as has been said already....
    I think the first one is Astilbe, the others Lady's Mantle and Geranium as has been said already....
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Martin Holst

Can anyone ID this orchid?

It's also very likley that it's a hybrid rather than the straight species...orchids are notoriously difficult to identify correctly
    It's also very likley that it's a hybrid rather than the straight species...orchids are notoriously difficult to identify correctly
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paladin

Berries in May?

£350 each! Could you let me have some cuttings Pal? I think I'm turning my garden over to growing those ;)
    £350 each! Could you let me have some cuttings Pal? I think I'm turning my garden over to growing those ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. tdubya

Exotic looking plant with yellow flowers

Not seen them before Walnut.:thumb:I only have one type, that yellow one grown from seed.:D
    Not seen them before Walnut.:thumb:I only have one type, that yellow one grown from seed.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. paulpoujades

Identification

Thanks for your help - it has seed pods now so perhaps I can grow more. It is in my conservatory which is just as well because I live north of Glasgow.
    Thanks for your help - it has seed pods now so perhaps I can grow more. It is in my conservatory which is just as well because I live north of Glasgow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Unidentifiable Vine

Think you may have done it yet again .... Will let this one go to fruiting point and report further .... Muitos obrigadinhos, meu amigo xx
    Think you may have done it yet again .... Will let this one go to fruiting point and report further .... Muitos obrigadinhos, meu amigo xx
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice