1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. PeterGreenMan

Could this be Asparagus?

My plan is that long-hours worked in the Spring leads to much less hours being needed in the Summer and Autumn. and thus more time to sit in the garden and enjoy it!
    My plan is that long-hours worked in the Spring leads to much less hours being needed in the Summer and Autumn. and thus more time to sit in the garden and enjoy it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. GazSuttonUK

Anyone identify this seedling?

Looks like a Tree Peony seedling to me,something to look forward to it flowering, it will be a test of your dedication.:)
    Looks like a Tree Peony seedling to me,something to look forward to it flowering, it will be a test of your dedication.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. RandyRos

mother in laws weird plant

'Ceo' and 'Seal' very similar.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria Plum

HELP!!! Assistance identifying plants please

I think the first one is Astilbe, the others Lady's Mantle and Geranium as has been said already....
    I think the first one is Astilbe, the others Lady's Mantle and Geranium as has been said already....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Martin Holst

Can anyone ID this orchid?

It's also very likley that it's a hybrid rather than the straight species...orchids are notoriously difficult to identify correctly
    It's also very likley that it's a hybrid rather than the straight species...orchids are notoriously difficult to identify correctly
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Paladin

Berries in May?

£350 each! Could you let me have some cuttings Pal? I think I'm turning my garden over to growing those ;)
    £350 each! Could you let me have some cuttings Pal? I think I'm turning my garden over to growing those ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. tdubya

Exotic looking plant with yellow flowers

Not seen them before Walnut.:thumb:I only have one type, that yellow one grown from seed.:D
    Not seen them before Walnut.:thumb:I only have one type, that yellow one grown from seed.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. paulpoujades

Identification

Thanks for your help - it has seed pods now so perhaps I can grow more. It is in my conservatory which is just as well because I live north of Glasgow.
    Thanks for your help - it has seed pods now so perhaps I can grow more. It is in my conservatory which is just as well because I live north of Glasgow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Victoria

Unidentifiable Vine

Think you may have done it yet again .... Will let this one go to fruiting point and report further .... Muitos obrigadinhos, meu amigo xx
    Think you may have done it yet again .... Will let this one go to fruiting point and report further .... Muitos obrigadinhos, meu amigo xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dawn78

what are these?

The bindweed is just showing above that stem of the dicentra,Zap it quick with a systemic weed killer.
    The bindweed is just showing above that stem of the dicentra,Zap it quick with a systemic weed killer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Archdoodler

What's this plant and what's it's problem?

Hi Archdoodler, it is a Fatsia japonica, I had mine in a pot (much bigger than yours) and it started going yellow, its in my border now and doing great, I keep it Medum Sized by trimming off the...
    Hi Archdoodler, it is a Fatsia japonica, I had mine in a pot (much bigger than yours) and it started going yellow, its in my border now and doing great, I keep it Medum Sized by trimming off the leave's i dont like the look of :) and everything Lolli has said is spot on :thumb: ... Dee..
    Hi Archdoodler, it is a Fatsia japonica, I had mine in a pot (much bigger than yours) and it started going yellow, its in my border now and doing great, I keep it Medum Sized by trimming off the leave's i dont like the look of :) and everything...
    Hi Archdoodler, it is a Fatsia japonica, I had mine in a pot (much bigger than yours) and it started going yellow, its in my border now and doing great, I keep it Medum Sized by trimming off the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. gremlynn

what is it?

when it flowers will the flowers turn to seeds?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rider

Help identifying tree

That's absolutely what it is. Thanks so much :-))
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. linny

linny

ive just been out to the veg patch and i looked in the bag of soil improver that i had used and it has lots of this jelly stuff in it so i think that claire is right and it is water retaining...
    ive just been out to the veg patch and i looked in the bag of soil improver that i had used and it has lots of this jelly stuff in it so i think that claire is right and it is water retaining gel:gnthb:
    ive just been out to the veg patch and i looked in the bag of soil improver that i had used and it has lots of this jelly stuff in it so i think that claire is right and it is water retaining gel:gnthb:
    ive just been out to the veg patch and i looked in the bag of soil improver that i had used and it has lots of this jelly stuff in it so i think that claire is right and it is water retaining...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. dymondlil

What is this plant?

Thanks for that tip! I've put the plant in the corner of the conservatory, so it's getting natural light all around and from the top.....but I'll keep an eye on it.
    Thanks for that tip! I've put the plant in the corner of the conservatory, so it's getting natural light all around and from the top.....but I'll keep an eye on it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. daisybelle

Mislabelled clematis?

Hi Daisybelle I am far from being an expert on Clematis But It looks like A Montana Grandiflora But can,t quite Make out how many Tepals It has,I am sure one of our friends with more knowledge of...
    Hi Daisybelle I am far from being an expert on Clematis But It looks like A Montana Grandiflora But can,t quite Make out how many Tepals It has,I am sure one of our friends with more knowledge of these beautiful Climbers will Have the Answer.:)
    Hi Daisybelle I am far from being an expert on Clematis But It looks like A Montana Grandiflora But can,t quite Make out how many Tepals It has,I am sure one of our friends with more knowledge of these beautiful Climbers will Have the Answer.:)
    Hi Daisybelle I am far from being an expert on Clematis But It looks like A Montana Grandiflora But can,t quite Make out how many Tepals It has,I am sure one of our friends with more knowledge of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. redstar

white flower ID- please

The leaves look wrong for any of the alpine type phlox to me, unless I am looking at the wrong leaves. Pp. subulata and douglassii forms have small, narrow leaves. There are by the way dozens of...
    The leaves look wrong for any of the alpine type phlox to me, unless I am looking at the wrong leaves. Pp. subulata and douglassii forms have small, narrow leaves. There are by the way dozens of different ones in every colour except yellows and oranges. Treat them like Aubrieta and trim back...
    The leaves look wrong for any of the alpine type phlox to me, unless I am looking at the wrong leaves. Pp. subulata and douglassii forms have small, narrow leaves. There are by the way dozens of different ones in every colour except yellows and...
    The leaves look wrong for any of the alpine type phlox to me, unless I am looking at the wrong leaves. Pp. subulata and douglassii forms have small, narrow leaves. There are by the way dozens of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. steve75

Can anyone tell me what this is.

Thanks again will look into giving it a feed in the coming weeks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. robt

What is this weed?

Its common chickweed robt, there is no need to spray to get rid of this. It doesn't tolerate regular close mowing - thats all you have to do. :thumb:
    Its common chickweed robt, there is no need to spray to get rid of this. It doesn't tolerate regular close mowing - thats all you have to do. :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Murdo

ID this shade lover :)

Many thanks, it is!
    Many thanks, it is!
    Many thanks, it is!
    Many thanks, it is!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice