1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. robt

What is this weed?

Its common chickweed robt, there is no need to spray to get rid of this. It doesn't tolerate regular close mowing - thats all you have to do. :thumb:
    Its common chickweed robt, there is no need to spray to get rid of this. It doesn't tolerate regular close mowing - thats all you have to do. :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Murdo

ID this shade lover :)

Many thanks, it is!
    Many thanks, it is!
    Many thanks, it is!
    Many thanks, it is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Bashy

Help on ID'ing and eradicating these lawn weeds (photo's)

I dont favour digging out, it takes forever and you rarely get the entire root up. Id sudgest spot spraying with verdone extra.Only exception is the coutch and meadow grass, dig these up and seed.
    I dont favour digging out, it takes forever and you rarely get the entire root up. Id sudgest spot spraying with verdone extra.Only exception is the coutch and meadow grass, dig these up and seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jimbo2

Can anyone tell me the name of this please.

I'm always nearly....................I'll keep trying. I am rubbish at identifying plants though from photos.
    I'm always nearly....................I'll keep trying. I am rubbish at identifying plants though from photos.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PinkR1karen

Plant ID pleeeeeaaase??

That's exactly what it is - woohoo!! Thank you so much Pete, strongylodon and Rhyleysgranny
    That's exactly what it is - woohoo!! Thank you so much Pete, strongylodon and Rhyleysgranny
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kartwheel

Invasive climbing weed

Thanks for all your advice. :gnthb:I shan't be doing any pulling then! - Just carefull spraying. Thanks again everyone, you've been so helpful.Hopefully I'll be hopping free soon!
    Thanks for all your advice. :gnthb:I shan't be doing any pulling then! - Just carefull spraying. Thanks again everyone, you've been so helpful.Hopefully I'll be hopping free soon!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. capney

Quince or not?

:thmb: Yes definitely is as I have one at the top of my garden... :wink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lulabellx1

Plant ID: Help!

Spobilsy Nultaw. lol
    Spobilsy Nultaw. lol
    Spobilsy Nultaw. lol
    Spobilsy Nultaw. lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R

Plant ID help please.

Chelsea cut......... chopping down herbaceous perrenials at the end of May (during Chelsea Flower Show week). the plants will regrow, flower later than if they'd been left (So extending the...
    Chelsea cut......... chopping down herbaceous perrenials at the end of May (during Chelsea Flower Show week). the plants will regrow, flower later than if they'd been left (So extending the season), and often sturdier, so not needing so much staking!
    Chelsea cut......... chopping down herbaceous perrenials at the end of May (during Chelsea Flower Show week). the plants will regrow, flower later than if they'd been left (So extending the season), and often sturdier, so not needing so much staking!
    Chelsea cut......... chopping down herbaceous perrenials at the end of May (during Chelsea Flower Show week). the plants will regrow, flower later than if they'd been left (So extending the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Pink

Could anybody identify this young plant please?

Thanks David, it does seem like the back of the plant head is wrinkled (like a dark green cabbage) as if it's 'restrained' somehow. I wonder if it's a nasturtium or geranium (due to it's size)...
    Thanks David, it does seem like the back of the plant head is wrinkled (like a dark green cabbage) as if it's 'restrained' somehow. I wonder if it's a nasturtium or geranium (due to it's size) then. It's like a single leaf that is distorted into a trumpet shape. Unfortunately I'm an even...
    Thanks David, it does seem like the back of the plant head is wrinkled (like a dark green cabbage) as if it's 'restrained' somehow. I wonder if it's a nasturtium or geranium (due to it's size) then. It's like a single leaf that is distorted...
    Thanks David, it does seem like the back of the plant head is wrinkled (like a dark green cabbage) as if it's 'restrained' somehow. I wonder if it's a nasturtium or geranium (due to it's size)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snappers

Help needed to identify this plant please.

Its quite funny actually. I have found quite a number of them in various places in my garden. I can remember having a few but I seem to have more than I planted and in different places!...
    Its quite funny actually. I have found quite a number of them in various places in my garden. I can remember having a few but I seem to have more than I planted and in different places! lol. This is the best one by far, the others are at various stages of growth so are still only babies. I...
    Its quite funny actually. I have found quite a number of them in various places in my garden. I can remember having a few but I seem to have more than I planted and in different places! lol. This is the best one by far, the others are at...
    Its quite funny actually. I have found quite a number of them in various places in my garden. I can remember having a few but I seem to have more than I planted and in different places!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Horsham Del

Whats this?

Its supposed to keep away moles.I've got it in my garden, it grows as a weed. Never seen a mole, so it must work.:D
    Its supposed to keep away moles.I've got it in my garden, it grows as a weed. Never seen a mole, so it must work.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. limetree

ID help?Can you name this plant?

It's a pretyy shrub. Soo called as pheasant's like the berries. If you live rural you will get pheasants. I do:)
    It's a pretyy shrub. Soo called as pheasant's like the berries. If you live rural you will get pheasants. I do:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dodgie

This is springing up all over my garden, what on earth is it?!?!?

Remove them IMMEDIATELY, they can gain a hold quickly and put down strong roots.
    Remove them IMMEDIATELY, they can gain a hold quickly and put down strong roots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Small flower

What tree is this/any recs?

Thanks guys!does anyone have any recs for a tree to fit our needs?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. giw12

What's this??

Hmmm. Looks like some sort of fungus but your description of "felt-like" is puzzling. Is there much of it? You could try giving the area a good scarifying to break it up. That should...
    Hmmm. Looks like some sort of fungus but your description of "felt-like" is puzzling. Is there much of it? You could try giving the area a good scarifying to break it up. That should certainly do no harm and you can always go thermonuclear later....
    Hmmm. Looks like some sort of fungus but your description of "felt-like" is puzzling. Is there much of it? You could try giving the area a good scarifying to break it up. That should certainly do no harm and you can always go thermonuclear...
    Hmmm. Looks like some sort of fungus but your description of "felt-like" is puzzling. Is there much of it? You could try giving the area a good scarifying to break it up. That should...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ajt1971

Help! What are these?

Aphids I'd say.just a normal insecticide spray should sort them out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Freddy

Found this

Hi folks. Well, I was down the garden centre today, and they were actually selling it there too ! :)
    Hi folks. Well, I was down the garden centre today, and they were actually selling it there too ! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Snappers

Pelargonium Identification please

Thanks Peter, I have overwintered them in my greenhouse and they have continued to grow and are now in flower. Some of my other ones did look as though they had died but are now starting to come...
    Thanks Peter, I have overwintered them in my greenhouse and they have continued to grow and are now in flower. Some of my other ones did look as though they had died but are now starting to come back to life :gnthb: Which I am very pleased about.
    Thanks Peter, I have overwintered them in my greenhouse and they have continued to grow and are now in flower. Some of my other ones did look as though they had died but are now starting to come back to life :gnthb: Which I am very pleased about.
    Thanks Peter, I have overwintered them in my greenhouse and they have continued to grow and are now in flower. Some of my other ones did look as though they had died but are now starting to come...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. xxx helen xxx

I need information on some plants please!

I agree, bit of a strange question, or series of questions Helen.Could you elaborate a bit further as to what your actually wanting to know.I would say that all those plants can be found...
    I agree, bit of a strange question, or series of questions Helen.Could you elaborate a bit further as to what your actually wanting to know.I would say that all those plants can be found throughout the UK.And as all grass is more or less wind pollinated, the pollen goes a very long way.
    I agree, bit of a strange question, or series of questions Helen.Could you elaborate a bit further as to what your actually wanting to know.I would say that all those plants can be found throughout the UK.And as all grass is more or less...
    I agree, bit of a strange question, or series of questions Helen.Could you elaborate a bit further as to what your actually wanting to know.I would say that all those plants can be found...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice