1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. sawfish

mystery trees

I planted some mixed dwarf tree seeds from a Chiltern seed packet and two came up.They're now about 3 inches, can anyone identify them?I also have this dwarf eucalyptus which is...
    I planted some mixed dwarf tree seeds from a Chiltern seed packet and two came up.They're now about 3 inches, can anyone identify them?I also have this dwarf eucalyptus which is now about 10 inches, can anyone tell me the kind?
    I planted some mixed dwarf tree seeds from a Chiltern seed packet and two came up.They're now about 3 inches, can anyone identify them?I also have this dwarf eucalyptus which is now about 10 inches, can anyone tell me the kind?
    I planted some mixed dwarf tree seeds from a Chiltern seed packet and two came up.They're now about 3 inches, can anyone identify them?I also have this dwarf eucalyptus which is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. nickp

Are these plants or weeds?

I think it looks like my anemone also - I would keep it
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. anton002

Identification

Hi Anton. I would agree with Slinky - Pieris. It's very slow growing. The red leaves are the new young growth, which is the main attraction.
    Hi Anton. I would agree with Slinky - Pieris. It's very slow growing. The red leaves are the new young growth, which is the main attraction.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria

Florida IDs

Thanks, Sis. As lovely as they are, they do need space and something like that would need a solitary space too.
    Thanks, Sis. As lovely as they are, they do need space and something like that would need a solitary space too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. dandilion

help me identify these plants please

The second one is a Berberis thunbergii atropupurea.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. David G

Name that plant!!

Well i always used to grow marrows, so if your into eating them long before they are ready, I'd say they are courgettes.:D Not cues or pumps, is my guess.
    Well i always used to grow marrows, so if your into eating them long before they are ready, I'd say they are courgettes.:D Not cues or pumps, is my guess.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JillianAllenby

Mystery Bush

I'm with peteCorokia cotoneaster Wire netting bush.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Roz

Can anyone tell me what this plant is please? Also update on my pots

Thanks so much, I like to know what's in the garden so I can find out about it!The pots are from Argos Susannah, £39 for 3 (varying sizes). They have holes at the bottom already, I think they...
    Thanks so much, I like to know what's in the garden so I can find out about it!The pots are from Argos Susannah, £39 for 3 (varying sizes). They have holes at the bottom already, I think they look alot more expensive.Craig - how lovely to pick some for your g'friend, sure she'll love...
    Thanks so much, I like to know what's in the garden so I can find out about it!The pots are from Argos Susannah, £39 for 3 (varying sizes). They have holes at the bottom already, I think they look alot more expensive.Craig - how lovely...
    Thanks so much, I like to know what's in the garden so I can find out about it!The pots are from Argos Susannah, £39 for 3 (varying sizes). They have holes at the bottom already, I think they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mumofthree

Stunning - but what is it? I want more.

Very, John, and they are stunning. Because they are part of the Rhododendron family they will also grow well in shade, The deciduous Azaleas, not only give you the same, vibrant colours, but many...
    Very, John, and they are stunning. Because they are part of the Rhododendron family they will also grow well in shade, The deciduous Azaleas, not only give you the same, vibrant colours, but many of the varieties are highly scented.:):thumb:
    Very, John, and they are stunning. Because they are part of the Rhododendron family they will also grow well in shade, The deciduous Azaleas, not only give you the same, vibrant colours, but many of the varieties are highly scented.:):thumb:
    Very, John, and they are stunning. Because they are part of the Rhododendron family they will also grow well in shade, The deciduous Azaleas, not only give you the same, vibrant colours, but many...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Cherrybim

Please what is this called?

Thank you Palustris:)That's it, checked out with the "Layman's Guide to British Wildflowers" and it's a match!Cherrybim
    Thank you Palustris:)That's it, checked out with the "Layman's Guide to British Wildflowers" and it's a match!Cherrybim
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shiney

Fungi

Thanks Walnut.
    Thanks Walnut.
    Thanks Walnut.
    Thanks Walnut.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rockpebblar

weed or not?

Oh dear, it is a weed then! oh well, cant win everything
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. takemore02withit

Can anyone identifiy this tree for me please?

They're great Whis4ey! You must have a big garden to cope with that monster whisk. The leaves on the one in my pic are very small and almost round. I'll keep looking and try and find a small...
    They're great Whis4ey! You must have a big garden to cope with that monster whisk. The leaves on the one in my pic are very small and almost round. I'll keep looking and try and find a small branch the squirrels might knock off. I'm determined to find out what it is.Thanks:thumb:
    They're great Whis4ey! You must have a big garden to cope with that monster whisk. The leaves on the one in my pic are very small and almost round. I'll keep looking and try and find a small branch the squirrels might knock off. I'm determined to...
    They're great Whis4ey! You must have a big garden to cope with that monster whisk. The leaves on the one in my pic are very small and almost round. I'll keep looking and try and find a small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dave_In_His_Garden

ID Please - green bush, small white flowers

Dave, the flowers on Exochorda are only small. I`m going to a garden tomorrow where there are 2 and will try and take a photo for comparison.:thumb:
    Dave, the flowers on Exochorda are only small. I`m going to a garden tomorrow where there are 2 and will try and take a photo for comparison.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. 'Crispz

What is this annoying weed?

"Sticky buds" to me too - Sticky willy ????
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Iain

Embarrassingly enough not a bamboo, but what is it?

Asparagus Falcatus it is, then!The photos match up and looking at further information around the web it seems I have a stunning, herbaceous vine with huge twining stems that climb to 15...
    Asparagus Falcatus it is, then!The photos match up and looking at further information around the web it seems I have a stunning, herbaceous vine with huge twining stems that climb to 15 feet.Wow!Thanks for your help - I'd best get it back indoors!
    Asparagus Falcatus it is, then!The photos match up and looking at further information around the web it seems I have a stunning, herbaceous vine with huge twining stems that climb to 15 feet.Wow!Thanks for your help - I'd best get it...
    Asparagus Falcatus it is, then!The photos match up and looking at further information around the web it seems I have a stunning, herbaceous vine with huge twining stems that climb to 15...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Elmo

Help identifying this please.

Many thanks for the information ! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Slinky

What is this????

:eek: I have it in my lawns ,spreading and smothering the grass, ought to be outlawed! Where on earth did it spring from...is it an import..or have I been lucky until now????????:confused:
    :eek: I have it in my lawns ,spreading and smothering the grass, ought to be outlawed! Where on earth did it spring from...is it an import..or have I been lucky until now????????:confused:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. compost maker

Magenta Tulips flowering now.Please identify/

Hi CP Have these in the Garden They are called Passionale there are some slightly darker one Called Nigrita.:)
    Hi CP Have these in the Garden They are called Passionale there are some slightly darker one Called Nigrita.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. The Lost Antheus

Mystery plant

i kinda thought that but being new and inexperienced i didn't wont to make a mistake:D
    i kinda thought that but being new and inexperienced i didn't wont to make a mistake:D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice