Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Fat Controller

Solved ID please

I spotted it along a towpath by the river, so it can probably go as nuts as it wants there.
    I spotted it along a towpath by the river, so it can probably go as nuts as it wants there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. xxxDawnxxx

Solved After flowering care

Your welcome:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ricky187

Solved Is this a Grape vine?

You can get non palatable ones, I don't think any are inedible. I could be wrong, but the pink coloured leaves suggest an ornamental variety to me.
    You can get non palatable ones, I don't think any are inedible. I could be wrong, but the pink coloured leaves suggest an ornamental variety to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. RandyRos

Solved Any ideas what this shrub is?

These definitely come out of the ground. But you may well be right. It makes sense if they're the cherry tree's original form/variety. The cherry tree has been there about 20 years.
    These definitely come out of the ground. But you may well be right. It makes sense if they're the cherry tree's original form/variety. The cherry tree has been there about 20 years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Lisamyoung06

Solved Anyone have any idea what this is?

Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries around, so you could end up with a lot more than one. It sounds as though it's in a tricky position...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries around, so you could end up with a lot more than...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ricky187

Solved Reckon these are weeds?

Ricky187,I am so very sorry to hi jack your thread..so very rude of me. Apologies.
    Ricky187,I am so very sorry to hi jack your thread..so very rude of me. Apologies.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sheal

Solved Can you id this for me please?

A few pics of Physalis for any one who does not know it.
    IMG_6423.JPG IMG_6425.JPG IMG_6427.JPG ABUTILON  MEGAPOTAMICUM 25-12-2013 17-34-36.JPG ABUTILON  MEGAPOTAMICUM 25-12-2013 17-34-50.JPG PHYSALIS  ALKEKENGI  GIGANTEA 02-10-2010 13-00-30.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. hailbopp

Solved Given this, is it some sort of herb, Dill?

There is no fennel bulb so must be Dill. Don’t like fennel even if it was so looks like this is going on the compost! Thanks Scrungee.
    There is no fennel bulb so must be Dill. Don’t like fennel even if it was so looks like this is going on the compost! Thanks Scrungee.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. joolz68

Solved Burdock or Comfrey?

Thanks JWK, il go dig it out x
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Upsydaisy

Solved Yep...done it again!!

Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics...
    Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics will only be going into there. I still have the plain versions stored in my 'normal ' photo album, so...
    Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics will only be going into there. I still have the plain...
    Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jowo

Solved ID required please

The voice of reason, @pete :biggrin: It's not as though the average garden centre is going to lose any sleep over their labelling ;)
    The voice of reason, @pete :biggrin: It's not as though the average garden centre is going to lose any sleep over their labelling ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

Good morning @Victoria my dear friend well I never they look almost like toys thank you for posting the photo
    Good morning @Victoria my dear friend well I never they look almost like toys thank you for posting the photo
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Upsydaisy

Solved Sorry..again!!

Thanks @Perki and all 3 agreers , named pic is now safely installed in my new online plant photo album. :biggrin: :thankyou:
    Thanks @Perki and all 3 agreers , named pic is now safely installed in my new online plant photo album. :biggrin: :thankyou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. pete

Plantain weed

I should have posted this a couple of years ago, but forgot, just found the pictures on my phone. The leaves look like a normal broad leaved plantain but the flowers are much fuller, could it be...
    I should have posted this a couple of years ago, but forgot, just found the pictures on my phone. The leaves look like a normal broad leaved plantain but the flowers are much fuller, could it be a mutation, there was more than one plant showing this.
    I should have posted this a couple of years ago, but forgot, just found the pictures on my phone. The leaves look like a normal broad leaved plantain but the flowers are much fuller, could it be a mutation, there was more than one plant showing...
    I should have posted this a couple of years ago, but forgot, just found the pictures on my phone. The leaves look like a normal broad leaved plantain but the flowers are much fuller, could it be...
    20190722_101524.jpg 20190722_101539.jpg 20190722_101545.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Shaneoak

Solved What’s this?

Thankyou so much I’m going to buy these or even better get some cuttings , if they grow from cuttings that is!
    Thankyou so much I’m going to buy these or even better get some cuttings , if they grow from cuttings that is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. hailbopp

Solved Possibly related to Ecomis? Asking for a friend

Wonderful photos Silver Surfer, thank you so much. I have had a reply from Satty re which Arisaema would be best suited to here so yes the bank balance will be trashed! I intend on buying 3 bulbs...
    Wonderful photos Silver Surfer, thank you so much. I have had a reply from Satty re which Arisaema would be best suited to here so yes the bank balance will be trashed! I intend on buying 3 bulbs of various varieties, good idea? Do you by chance know how far apart I should plant them and am I...
    Wonderful photos Silver Surfer, thank you so much. I have had a reply from Satty re which Arisaema would be best suited to here so yes the bank balance will be trashed! I intend on buying 3 bulbs of various varieties, good idea? Do you by chance...
    Wonderful photos Silver Surfer, thank you so much. I have had a reply from Satty re which Arisaema would be best suited to here so yes the bank balance will be trashed! I intend on buying 3 bulbs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gizmo

Solved Furry plant

Hi I think I found a bug not sure but very tiny and on beside this furry plant I was asking about.. If bug I found it on the yellow plant beside it..
    Hi I think I found a bug not sure but very tiny and on beside this furry plant I was asking about.. If bug I found it on the yellow plant beside it..
    IMG_20210809_151619.jpg DIGITALIS  PURPUREA  FOXGLOVE 30-Jun-08 3-52-27 PM.JPG DIGITALIS  PURPUREA  FOXGLOVE 30-Jun-08 3-52-33 PM.JPG DIGITALIS  PURPUREA  FOXGLOVE 30-Jun-08 3-52-56 PM.JPG DIGITALIS  PURPUREA  FOXGLOVE 30-Jun-08 3-55-23 PM.JPG DIGITALIS  PURPUREA  FOXGLOVE 30-Jun-08 4-06-07 PM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Solved SOLVED Is this a Weed?

Don't think I would have got that one. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jasmine star

Solved ID please.

That's a different milkweed @CanadianLori, the plant the Monarch butterfly eats is in the Ascepias family. The weed identified in this thread is in the Euphorbia family. Both share the same common...
    That's a different milkweed @CanadianLori, the plant the Monarch butterfly eats is in the Ascepias family. The weed identified in this thread is in the Euphorbia family. Both share the same common milkweed name :rolleyespink:
    That's a different milkweed @CanadianLori, the plant the Monarch butterfly eats is in the Ascepias family. The weed identified in this thread is in the Euphorbia family. Both share the same common milkweed name :rolleyespink:
    That's a different milkweed @CanadianLori, the plant the Monarch butterfly eats is in the Ascepias family. The weed identified in this thread is in the Euphorbia family. Both share the same common...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jasmine star

Solved Could this be a rose?

Super, will do. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice