1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Andy567

Solved Anyone know this weed?

Awesome thanks everybody :) Yes i had borage a year or two ago I recall. It could well be that because the leaves are kinda furry which i recall borage was.
    Awesome thanks everybody :) Yes i had borage a year or two ago I recall. It could well be that because the leaves are kinda furry which i recall borage was.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ilan

Anyone know this tree?

Unless its grown for its tropical look with huge leaves, in that case you would be cutting it back to almost ground level each March.. Left to its own devices as you say not one for small gardens..:)
    Unless its grown for its tropical look with huge leaves, in that case you would be cutting it back to almost ground level each March.. Left to its own devices as you say not one for small gardens..:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Daffodil Fan

Anyone know this plant?

Very gardenworthy it looks, too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JimmyB

Anyone know this plant please?

It looks like Chia (salvia hispanica) I tried growing it last year but it didn't flower for me. Also I don't think it had strong fragrant leaves like the rest of the salvia family.
    It looks like Chia (salvia hispanica) I tried growing it last year but it didn't flower for me. Also I don't think it had strong fragrant leaves like the rest of the salvia family.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. marge

Anyone know this fuschia?

Thanks scotkat - cant find Star Wars at the mo - the pink comes down into the white petals a bit if thats any help :confused:
    Thanks scotkat - cant find Star Wars at the mo - the pink comes down into the white petals a bit if thats any help :confused:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Carllennon

Solved Anyone know these weeds?

@zilly it certainly does.. It is awful stuff if it gets a hold.. :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jay9408

Solved Anyone know these flowers?

Ahh damn :sad: ill give them a try anyway, thanks for the info ill keep an eye out for the pods!
    Ahh damn :sad: ill give them a try anyway, thanks for the info ill keep an eye out for the pods!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. GazSuttonUK

Anyone identify this seedling?

Looks like a Tree Peony seedling to me,something to look forward to it flowering, it will be a test of your dedication.:)
    Looks like a Tree Peony seedling to me,something to look forward to it flowering, it will be a test of your dedication.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Texas Pete

Solved Anyone idea what these are?

Just dug it out. When I moved in, this part of the garden had artificial grass is a poor state with assorted weeds - various thorny things and plenty of docks, Briza quaking grass, zantedeschia...
    Just dug it out. When I moved in, this part of the garden had artificial grass is a poor state with assorted weeds - various thorny things and plenty of docks, Briza quaking grass, zantedeschia and all that running riot. Dug it all up. This particular rhizome didn't look like the other...
    Just dug it out. When I moved in, this part of the garden had artificial grass is a poor state with assorted weeds - various thorny things and plenty of docks, Briza quaking grass, zantedeschia and all that running riot. Dug it all up. This...
    Just dug it out. When I moved in, this part of the garden had artificial grass is a poor state with assorted weeds - various thorny things and plenty of docks, Briza quaking grass, zantedeschia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. honeybunny
    Like x 4

Anyone I.D This For Me Please?

Someone had this down my street too, I thought it looked v similar the flowers on edible potato plants. Thanks joolz and honeybunny.
    Someone had this down my street too, I thought it looked v similar the flowers on edible potato plants. Thanks joolz and honeybunny.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. leeski

Anyone help please

Thank you will research how to care for it hopefully will survive
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Eden1

Anyone help identify this tree

I feel sycamore feels more probable just going on I have a tree on the green outside and I'm forever finding them.
    I feel sycamore feels more probable just going on I have a tree on the green outside and I'm forever finding them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lisamyoung06

Solved Anyone have any idea what this is?

Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries around, so you could end up with a lot more than one. It sounds as though it's in a tricky position...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries around, so you could end up with a lot more than...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Marley Farley

Solved Anyone any ideas on this houseplant.? Need an I D

Thanks so much @Selleri thats certainly it.. She will be so pleased, she has been keeping it out of the sun and it obviously likes where she keeps it.. :thumbsup:
    Thanks so much @Selleri thats certainly it.. She will be so pleased, she has been keeping it out of the sun and it obviously likes where she keeps it.. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Michael Lazar

Anyone any idea what this might be ...

BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was...
    BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was beautiful when in full flower. Had to stuff all the Daisies in pots as were impulse buys and nowhere in...
    BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was beautiful when in full flower. Had to stuff all the...
    BeeHappy I also love, love, loves those Daisies:wub2:, although mine are Mexican Fleabane and Sea Breeze, but still Erigeron.The Erigeron Sea Breeze is not looking its best in this pic, but was...
    DSC00002-001.JPG reflexed-stonecrop-stone-orpine-crooked-yellow-stonecrop-jennys-stonecrop-EBMYJA.jpg CIMG0025.JPG 1DAISYLADY.jpg garden qoute-Green Thumb.jpg IMG_20170906_1621411_rewind.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Whippet

Solved Anybody recognise this, please?

I have never grown either Calla or Arum lilies. But I would be delighted if it turns out to be either of those.
    I have never grown either Calla or Arum lilies. But I would be delighted if it turns out to be either of those.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. whis4ey

Anybody recognise these mushrooms?

Sorry. My SOH struck again. It's a rufous milkcap.Here's the detailsrufous milkcap
    Sorry. My SOH struck again. It's a rufous milkcap.Here's the detailsrufous milkcap
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ClaraLou

Anybody know what this pink rambler might be?

Is it a Rambler or a Climber ClaraLou. Looks like a Climber. Big Diffeence. Don't know any Rambler that looks like that. Climber - well they come by the thousand - would be difficult to identify...
    Is it a Rambler or a Climber ClaraLou. Looks like a Climber. Big Diffeence. Don't know any Rambler that looks like that. Climber - well they come by the thousand - would be difficult to identify on the basis of a snapshot.
    Is it a Rambler or a Climber ClaraLou. Looks like a Climber. Big Diffeence. Don't know any Rambler that looks like that. Climber - well they come by the thousand - would be difficult to identify on the basis of a snapshot.
    Is it a Rambler or a Climber ClaraLou. Looks like a Climber. Big Diffeence. Don't know any Rambler that looks like that. Climber - well they come by the thousand - would be difficult to identify...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. gandygardener

anybody know what this ??

Well, I can't get rid of the Caerula which I actually brought from the Isle of Wight with me. It's a nightmare, shooting up everywhere. I pulled up two foot long shoots today from between paving...
    Well, I can't get rid of the Caerula which I actually brought from the Isle of Wight with me. It's a nightmare, shooting up everywhere. I pulled up two foot long shoots today from between paving slabs. :eek:The Victoria is contained in a concrete trough. There's a picture of my beauty of...
    Well, I can't get rid of the Caerula which I actually brought from the Isle of Wight with me. It's a nightmare, shooting up everywhere. I pulled up two foot long shoots today from between paving slabs. :eek:The Victoria is contained in a...
    Well, I can't get rid of the Caerula which I actually brought from the Isle of Wight with me. It's a nightmare, shooting up everywhere. I pulled up two foot long shoots today from between paving...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. gandygardener

anybody know what these are??

Here are mine -
    Here are mine -
    Here are mine -
    Here are mine -
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice