1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. KevinWX

What are these?

1) Ditto 2) possible dog rose (before fading with age/sun). 3) Ditto. Cheers, Tony.
    1) Ditto 2) possible dog rose (before fading with age/sun). 3) Ditto. Cheers, Tony.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lisamyoung06

Solved Anyone have any idea what this is?

Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries around, so you could end up with a lot more than one. It sounds as though it's in a tricky position...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries around, so you could end up with a lot more than...
    Hello Lisa, welcome to GC :sign0016: Pete's right, it's Sambucus or elderberry. I'm afraid it's not entirely benign, though. It will become a big tree left to it's own devices. Birds spread the berries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. metalmunki

Lily identification

Alstroemeria ?
    Alstroemeria ?
    Alstroemeria ?
    Alstroemeria ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lowly worm

Solved Plant or weed?

Having looked at Google Images it definitely looks like a Tree Peony ludlowii .I wonder how it managed to plant itself in my garden. Thank you for all your answers and help. I will definitely...
    Having looked at Google Images it definitely looks like a Tree Peony ludlowii .I wonder how it managed to plant itself in my garden. Thank you for all your answers and help. I will definitely not evict it.
    Having looked at Google Images it definitely looks like a Tree Peony ludlowii .I wonder how it managed to plant itself in my garden. Thank you for all your answers and help. I will definitely not evict it.
    Having looked at Google Images it definitely looks like a Tree Peony ludlowii .I wonder how it managed to plant itself in my garden. Thank you for all your answers and help. I will definitely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. longk

Cactus ID please

I rescued this cactus from a skip earlier...................Three questions; 1] what is it? It has some spectacularly nasty barbed soft spines. 2] is it salvagable? 3] what's the...
    I rescued this cactus from a skip earlier...................Three questions; 1] what is it? It has some spectacularly nasty barbed soft spines. 2] is it salvagable? 3] what's the best way to take cuttings if possible? I've dropped some of the teets on some sandy soil.Many thanks.
    I rescued this cactus from a skip earlier...................Three questions; 1] what is it? It has some spectacularly nasty barbed soft spines. 2] is it salvagable? 3] what's the best way to take cuttings if possible? I've dropped...
    I rescued this cactus from a skip earlier...................Three questions; 1] what is it? It has some spectacularly nasty barbed soft spines. 2] is it salvagable? 3] what's the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Michael Noble

What is this plant please

I have grown quite fond of Guzmania. The leaves keep that colour for a long time and are good value for money, also you can get them in different colours. They look quite good with several in a pot.
    I have grown quite fond of Guzmania. The leaves keep that colour for a long time and are good value for money, also you can get them in different colours. They look quite good with several in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Ed Baker

What's this brassica

A bigger picture might help :biggrin:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. blossomaani

what are these?

I stand corrected.:o Just been out in the rain to have a look and if it smells as good as the one we've got in the garden then it's Philadelphus. Chris
    I stand corrected.:o Just been out in the rain to have a look and if it smells as good as the one we've got in the garden then it's Philadelphus. Chris
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

Yes Silver Surfer....it is a gem of a plant. :) In mid summer esp :) Tempted to plant some up with ophiopogon nigrescens next year in a container next year.:)
    Yes Silver Surfer....it is a gem of a plant. :) In mid summer esp :) Tempted to plant some up with ophiopogon nigrescens next year in a container next year.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hailbopp

Iris Sibirica Snow Queen?

I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names,...
    I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names, something isn't quite right.
    I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names, something isn't quite right.
    I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jasmine star

Solved ID please

Thanks @Silver surfer . :dbgrtmb: would I be ok moving it after its flowered?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Potters

What type of Apple?

You could take some along to an Apple Identification session - which they usually have at Open Days on Apple Nurseries (there is even an Apple Day in the Autumn)
    You could take some along to an Apple Identification session - which they usually have at Open Days on Apple Nurseries (there is even an Apple Day in the Autumn)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Anzia

What is this red thing?

Thanks all and thanks @MarleyFarley for the helpful link. They were a good 3" underground, hence my puzzlement! As I unearth them, should I move them to a secluded corner of the garden and leave...
    Thanks all and thanks @MarleyFarley for the helpful link. They were a good 3" underground, hence my puzzlement! As I unearth them, should I move them to a secluded corner of the garden and leave them above ground, or re-bury them in said corner? I don't want to kill them by doing the wrong thing...
    Thanks all and thanks @MarleyFarley for the helpful link. They were a good 3" underground, hence my puzzlement! As I unearth them, should I move them to a secluded corner of the garden and leave them above ground, or re-bury them in said corner?...
    Thanks all and thanks @MarleyFarley for the helpful link. They were a good 3" underground, hence my puzzlement! As I unearth them, should I move them to a secluded corner of the garden and leave...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. James Sheffield

Solved Thin Bamboo Plant

Are you advertising?Pic is taken from www.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ava

Not a tulip?!

Thanks guys, you're ace!:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. capney

Capney needs an ID .. please

I reckon you are spot on there SS Many thanks for taking the time to check and answer.
    I reckon you are spot on there SS Many thanks for taking the time to check and answer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. djmartylyttle

Solved Invasive bush with long branches

I’ll need to wait until it grows a bit then for the leaves to return. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. cchimp123

what is this?

need a bigger picture, is it some kind of fungus?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paladin

Friend or Foe?

Well I'm always liberating plants from places I visit or work at and may well have forgotten:redface:......so it's any bodies guess:WINK1: I will be moving it to various places in my plot though.
    Well I'm always liberating plants from places I visit or work at and may well have forgotten:redface:......so it's any bodies guess:WINK1: I will be moving it to various places in my plot though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Solved ID please

Bit of info here @wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice