1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Kedi-Gato

unusual leaf

Evening strongy. With both I have nicked the seeds, soaked in water and then planted nice and plumplike ... to be honest. I've had two attempts at Chilopsis with no success and have just a half...
    Evening strongy. With both I have nicked the seeds, soaked in water and then planted nice and plumplike ... to be honest. I've had two attempts at Chilopsis with no success and have just a half dozen seeds left now.I think it's lack of proper propagation, if you know what I mean. :rolleyes; ...
    Evening strongy. With both I have nicked the seeds, soaked in water and then planted nice and plumplike ... to be honest. I've had two attempts at Chilopsis with no success and have just a half dozen seeds left now.I think it's lack of proper...
    Evening strongy. With both I have nicked the seeds, soaked in water and then planted nice and plumplike ... to be honest. I've had two attempts at Chilopsis with no success and have just a half...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Victoria

Wildflower ID

I know I do, Peter.In all fairness, Poinsettias don't grow wild here ... but Oleanders do. :rolleyes:
    I know I do, Peter.In all fairness, Poinsettias don't grow wild here ... but Oleanders do. :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rosietutu

Apple Identifacation please

Ha Ha..My youngest sister always a little witch.. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Billy B

Please Identify the yellow flower

Pete & all Thanks for tips. I have several so I'll experiment by lifting some and leaving the others. Now for the top dressing :{
    Pete & all Thanks for tips. I have several so I'll experiment by lifting some and leaving the others. Now for the top dressing :{
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pip

What shrub/tree is this?

With this Viburnum try simple layering. Mine did it itself. I was going to dig it up and give it to someone but by the time I got round round to digging it up I would have needed a JCB - they grow...
    With this Viburnum try simple layering. Mine did it itself. I was going to dig it up and give it to someone but by the time I got round round to digging it up I would have needed a JCB - they grow fast! Plenty of shoots to bend across the surface and cover with soil. Easier than taking cuttings...
    With this Viburnum try simple layering. Mine did it itself. I was going to dig it up and give it to someone but by the time I got round round to digging it up I would have needed a JCB - they grow fast! Plenty of shoots to bend across the surface...
    With this Viburnum try simple layering. Mine did it itself. I was going to dig it up and give it to someone but by the time I got round round to digging it up I would have needed a JCB - they grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. generalhammond

Odd Thing

There we go General but you already new anyhow. http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/nipple_fruit.htm
    There we go General but you already new anyhow. http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/nipple_fruit.htm
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. miraflores

could you tell me

Crassula don't need to be 18years old to flower(thats young ladies isn't it) I have several flower every year and usually after only a couple of years from off sets, leave mine in the garden in...
    Crassula don't need to be 18years old to flower(thats young ladies isn't it) I have several flower every year and usually after only a couple of years from off sets, leave mine in the garden in pots through summer keep them on the dry side in the poly overwinter.
    Crassula don't need to be 18years old to flower(thats young ladies isn't it) I have several flower every year and usually after only a couple of years from off sets, leave mine in the garden in pots through summer keep them on the dry side in the...
    Crassula don't need to be 18years old to flower(thats young ladies isn't it) I have several flower every year and usually after only a couple of years from off sets, leave mine in the garden in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nuttyred33

What tree is this from?

A Magnolia Soulangiana in my front garden occasionally has seed pods just like that. If left on the tree bright scarlet beans on threads will hang out of it. I have instructions for treating and...
    A Magnolia Soulangiana in my front garden occasionally has seed pods just like that. If left on the tree bright scarlet beans on threads will hang out of it. I have instructions for treating and sowing the beans if anybody is interested.Nik B-)
    A Magnolia Soulangiana in my front garden occasionally has seed pods just like that. If left on the tree bright scarlet beans on threads will hang out of it. I have instructions for treating and sowing the beans if anybody is interested.Nik B-)
    A Magnolia Soulangiana in my front garden occasionally has seed pods just like that. If left on the tree bright scarlet beans on threads will hang out of it. I have instructions for treating and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. whis4ey

Anybody recognise these mushrooms?

Sorry. My SOH struck again. It's a rufous milkcap.Here's the detailsrufous milkcap
    Sorry. My SOH struck again. It's a rufous milkcap.Here's the detailsrufous milkcap
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl

Grass ID

Hi Woo,I have to agree with Lavender.It does look a lot like Acorus Gramineus Ogon.{'Sweet Rush' or 'Sweet Flag' As Lavender pointed out it tolerates boggy areas and will grow 20cm in Height and...
    Hi Woo,I have to agree with Lavender.It does look a lot like Acorus Gramineus Ogon.{'Sweet Rush' or 'Sweet Flag' As Lavender pointed out it tolerates boggy areas and will grow 20cm in Height and 20cm in width.I hope this helps you with your planting :cool:
    Hi Woo,I have to agree with Lavender.It does look a lot like Acorus Gramineus Ogon.{'Sweet Rush' or 'Sweet Flag' As Lavender pointed out it tolerates boggy areas and will grow 20cm in Height and 20cm in width.I hope this helps you with your...
    Hi Woo,I have to agree with Lavender.It does look a lot like Acorus Gramineus Ogon.{'Sweet Rush' or 'Sweet Flag' As Lavender pointed out it tolerates boggy areas and will grow 20cm in Height and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. BekiMac

Orchid ID

Hi, David, unfortunately no plans to visit Devon on the horizon, but I will certainly bear it in mind if the oportunity ever arises, thanks for the recommendation. John, and his...
    Hi, David, unfortunately no plans to visit Devon on the horizon, but I will certainly bear it in mind if the oportunity ever arises, thanks for the recommendation. John, and his Bettr-Half-Boss-Lady, thanks for all the tips, which I have noted. I'll have to do some research on the constitution...
    Hi, David, unfortunately no plans to visit Devon on the horizon, but I will certainly bear it in mind if the oportunity ever arises, thanks for the recommendation. John, and his Bettr-Half-Boss-Lady, thanks for all the tips, which I have noted....
    Hi, David, unfortunately no plans to visit Devon on the horizon, but I will certainly bear it in mind if the oportunity ever arises, thanks for the recommendation. John, and his...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Parkwell

Help ID houseplants please?

This one's a monstera deliciosa or Swiss Cheese plant. I had one once and loved it because of the unique way it grows its leaves - they make a big, elongated bud out of the base of an existing...
    This one's a monstera deliciosa or Swiss Cheese plant. I had one once and loved it because of the unique way it grows its leaves - they make a big, elongated bud out of the base of an existing leaf which slowly unfurls to reveal a totally mature leaf!! Beautiful!The reason your plant is so...
    This one's a monstera deliciosa or Swiss Cheese plant. I had one once and loved it because of the unique way it grows its leaves - they make a big, elongated bud out of the base of an existing leaf which slowly unfurls to reveal a totally mature...
    This one's a monstera deliciosa or Swiss Cheese plant. I had one once and loved it because of the unique way it grows its leaves - they make a big, elongated bud out of the base of an existing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kedi-Gato

Fan-like palm?

Been away for a fwe days and just seen this, your'e right Pete, there were Ravenallas outside Raffles Hotel when we were there in '85, and I think there are still some there. I have one at work...
    Been away for a fwe days and just seen this, your'e right Pete, there were Ravenallas outside Raffles Hotel when we were there in '85, and I think there are still some there. I have one at work now 7 years old but it is getting too big for the glasshouse. Not as hardy as Strelitzia Nicholai...
    Been away for a fwe days and just seen this, your'e right Pete, there were Ravenallas outside Raffles Hotel when we were there in '85, and I think there are still some there. I have one at work now 7 years old but it is getting too big for the...
    Been away for a fwe days and just seen this, your'e right Pete, there were Ravenallas outside Raffles Hotel when we were there in '85, and I think there are still some there. I have one at work...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Greg Baylis-Hall

Plant ID and Tip for it

Once I've cut it off - ( or pruned so they saying goes) I'll take another picture so you can see how thick it is. So check back Saturday or Sunday.CheersGreg
    Once I've cut it off - ( or pruned so they saying goes) I'll take another picture so you can see how thick it is. So check back Saturday or Sunday.CheersGreg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. whis4ey

What is this weed?

Its a real pain when it gets in seed pans especially when they contain seeds that take a long time to germinate. :(
    Its a real pain when it gets in seed pans especially when they contain seeds that take a long time to germinate. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wharncliffe

Unknown "shrub"

After studying a few books I believe swanseadel has hit the nail on the head, 100% sure now its Himalayan Knotweed ..... a shame really, has I was going to "borrow" a few offshoots to help...
    After studying a few books I believe swanseadel has hit the nail on the head, 100% sure now its Himalayan Knotweed ..... a shame really, has I was going to "borrow" a few offshoots to help stabilise a steep earth bank, not now though .... thanks again everyone.
    After studying a few books I believe swanseadel has hit the nail on the head, 100% sure now its Himalayan Knotweed ..... a shame really, has I was going to "borrow" a few offshoots to help stabilise a steep earth bank, not now though .... thanks...
    After studying a few books I believe swanseadel has hit the nail on the head, 100% sure now its Himalayan Knotweed ..... a shame really, has I was going to "borrow" a few offshoots to help...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. roders

ID Please.

Your looking at a non fruiting shoot, the pic I posted is on the same link. Leaves go in all directions on all plants. Going now, night.
    Your looking at a non fruiting shoot, the pic I posted is on the same link. Leaves go in all directions on all plants. Going now, night.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. intermiplants

whats my name please

We've had ours for years, the pink one, and it has never been a problem. It took quite a while to get going as I think it didn't get enough sun. Now that that has been righted (huge tree cut...
    We've had ours for years, the pink one, and it has never been a problem. It took quite a while to get going as I think it didn't get enough sun. Now that that has been righted (huge tree cut down March/April 2006) it is doing well. Likewise the clump I planted elsewhere in a sunny spot.We...
    We've had ours for years, the pink one, and it has never been a problem. It took quite a while to get going as I think it didn't get enough sun. Now that that has been righted (huge tree cut down March/April 2006) it is doing well. Likewise...
    We've had ours for years, the pink one, and it has never been a problem. It took quite a while to get going as I think it didn't get enough sun. Now that that has been righted (huge tree cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria

Green Rubber Monsters

Wanut they (three of them) were on the Oleanders in a hotel garden in Turkey not here, I did post the avatar pic last year with my holiday pics but you may not have seen it. BTW had a brief visit...
    Wanut they (three of them) were on the Oleanders in a hotel garden in Turkey not here, I did post the avatar pic last year with my holiday pics but you may not have seen it. BTW had a brief visit from a Humming bird Hawkmoth this morning only the second this year.
    Wanut they (three of them) were on the Oleanders in a hotel garden in Turkey not here, I did post the avatar pic last year with my holiday pics but you may not have seen it. BTW had a brief visit from a Humming bird Hawkmoth this morning only the...
    Wanut they (three of them) were on the Oleanders in a hotel garden in Turkey not here, I did post the avatar pic last year with my holiday pics but you may not have seen it. BTW had a brief visit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. willow13

whats this weed called

cellandine weeds out and in any case is solow to the ground that is coverd by most perenials. I doubt it depleats the soil that mutch.
    cellandine weeds out and in any case is solow to the ground that is coverd by most perenials. I doubt it depleats the soil that mutch.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice