1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. elliegreenwellie
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. anakat

What is this?

I think it looks like Clarkia but wouldn't swear to it. xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. foob

Mystery tree?

Thank you, Pete. Frassino is not a fruit tree but I just posted it to be extra sure that the mistery leaf was not a frassino.
    Thank you, Pete. Frassino is not a fruit tree but I just posted it to be extra sure that the mistery leaf was not a frassino.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. carolandian

please could someone tell me what is the name of the above plant , regards ian

thankyou all 4 answers
    thankyou all 4 answers
    thankyou all 4 answers
    thankyou all 4 answers
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Willo

Multiple identifications!

John, dogwood, dogwood, who said dogwood remember my plain old common dogwood planted in the wrong place
    John, dogwood, dogwood, who said dogwood remember my plain old common dogwood planted in the wrong place
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

Mystery

Woo,You be careful now otherwise you will be back (xcuse the pun ) where you started :rolleyes:
    Woo,You be careful now otherwise you will be back (xcuse the pun ) where you started :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. seampoints

Some sort of...horse tail?

Thanks guys! thats great info. If thats what it is and it could flower in spring then I'll keep it where it is I think. I'm going to clear way everwhere is gorwing new plants though I think. I was...
    Thanks guys! thats great info. If thats what it is and it could flower in spring then I'll keep it where it is I think. I'm going to clear way everwhere is gorwing new plants though I think. I was thinking of putting a jasmine next to it up against our tool shed.
    Thanks guys! thats great info. If thats what it is and it could flower in spring then I'll keep it where it is I think. I'm going to clear way everwhere is gorwing new plants though I think. I was thinking of putting a jasmine next to it up...
    Thanks guys! thats great info. If thats what it is and it could flower in spring then I'll keep it where it is I think. I'm going to clear way everwhere is gorwing new plants though I think. I was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. intermiplants

I.D pleeease

If the flowers and the leaves on the two plants are indeed identical, then LoL's hypothesis is probably correct. I wasn't putting forward an alternative to be bloody minded, just for further...
    If the flowers and the leaves on the two plants are indeed identical, then LoL's hypothesis is probably correct. I wasn't putting forward an alternative to be bloody minded, just for further consideration. ;)
    If the flowers and the leaves on the two plants are indeed identical, then LoL's hypothesis is probably correct. I wasn't putting forward an alternative to be bloody minded, just for further consideration. ;)
    If the flowers and the leaves on the two plants are indeed identical, then LoL's hypothesis is probably correct. I wasn't putting forward an alternative to be bloody minded, just for further...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Liz

Another ID please

Thanks both, I've had another look and I think it's the Eleagnus. Quite pleased as it will grow in shade.
    Thanks both, I've had another look and I think it's the Eleagnus. Quite pleased as it will grow in shade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mel

please help!

I wasn't sure afterwards as you said it had light green leaves as solanum usually are mid to dark green but a variegated one might be lighter green. I have not seen one so I am not really familiar...
    I wasn't sure afterwards as you said it had light green leaves as solanum usually are mid to dark green but a variegated one might be lighter green. I have not seen one so I am not really familiar this particular type. I am not sure if they are as winter hardy as the green one.
    I wasn't sure afterwards as you said it had light green leaves as solanum usually are mid to dark green but a variegated one might be lighter green. I have not seen one so I am not really familiar this particular type. I am not sure if they are...
    I wasn't sure afterwards as you said it had light green leaves as solanum usually are mid to dark green but a variegated one might be lighter green. I have not seen one so I am not really familiar...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nathan7

PLANT ID

The dwarf conifer could be almost anything. The cyclamen is Cyclamen persicum. They say it is hardy, but the first frost will wipe it out!
    The dwarf conifer could be almost anything. The cyclamen is Cyclamen persicum. They say it is hardy, but the first frost will wipe it out!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. johnbinkley

Unidentified insect

Sarra, I like to see spiders in the garden, like worms they are working for us in the background, if, however, you want to get rid of them you would have to use an acharicide. Insecticides will...
    Sarra, I like to see spiders in the garden, like worms they are working for us in the background, if, however, you want to get rid of them you would have to use an acharicide. Insecticides will not work, and I have never known a retailer who sold acharicides. David.
    Sarra, I like to see spiders in the garden, like worms they are working for us in the background, if, however, you want to get rid of them you would have to use an acharicide. Insecticides will not work, and I have never known a retailer who sold...
    Sarra, I like to see spiders in the garden, like worms they are working for us in the background, if, however, you want to get rid of them you would have to use an acharicide. Insecticides will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Tim46

Any thoughts on what this is?

Sorry strongylodon. We crossed
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. intermiplants

not sure what this is

Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in...
    Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in early to mid summer. Very attractive plants... Nice present. Look up the varieties again when it is...
    Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in early to mid summer. Very attractive plants... Nice...
    Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dave W

A hebe or what???

Euphorbia is Spurge, but the plant could also be Pittosporum tobira. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lintama

Mystery shrub

They seed like crazy, I like them but not in my garden, they are also known as Chinese nutmeg. David.
    They seed like crazy, I like them but not in my garden, they are also known as Chinese nutmeg. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. accidentalgardener

Is this a Lilac Bush

What i really meant to say was i know what suckers are but didn't think lilac bushes had them :confused:Making myself clear as mud again
    What i really meant to say was i know what suckers are but didn't think lilac bushes had them :confused:Making myself clear as mud again
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Two Shrub IDs Please

Hello David, strongy and PeterS. I have also been away for a couple of days plus had the phone lines down so have just read your answers and thank you for replying.PeterS, it is only a small...
    Hello David, strongy and PeterS. I have also been away for a couple of days plus had the phone lines down so have just read your answers and thank you for replying.PeterS, it is only a small cutting I have and those stems do not appear to be square and no, it does not appear to have any...
    Hello David, strongy and PeterS. I have also been away for a couple of days plus had the phone lines down so have just read your answers and thank you for replying.PeterS, it is only a small cutting I have and those stems do not appear to be...
    Hello David, strongy and PeterS. I have also been away for a couple of days plus had the phone lines down so have just read your answers and thank you for replying.PeterS, it is only a small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. rigsby

what is this plant?

Thanks Strongylodon
    Thanks Strongylodon
    Thanks Strongylodon
    Thanks Strongylodon
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Celia

senior moment

Your joking. They change plant names? I'm never going to learn this gardening stuff.
    Your joking. They change plant names? I'm never going to learn this gardening stuff.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice