1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. roy1317

please can this be identified

I agree that it looks like chickweed. There is no problem in pulling it out by hand but tell him to do it fairly soon before it flowers. The flowers set seed very quickly. The seed is a...
    I agree that it looks like chickweed. There is no problem in pulling it out by hand but tell him to do it fairly soon before it flowers. The flowers set seed very quickly. The seed is a favourite of baby birds - probably why it is called chickweed.
    I agree that it looks like chickweed. There is no problem in pulling it out by hand but tell him to do it fairly soon before it flowers. The flowers set seed very quickly. The seed is a favourite of baby birds - probably why it is called...
    I agree that it looks like chickweed. There is no problem in pulling it out by hand but tell him to do it fairly soon before it flowers. The flowers set seed very quickly. The seed is a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. miraflores

guess...what is it ?

"Cyrtostachys renda" is correct...Well done Kedi-Gato !!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria

What is it?

No, woo, don't think it's a Euc.pete, yes, the lemons and oranges/tangerines/nesperas/plums/apples/whatever are on irrigation .... it suddenly sprung up this Spring, without human help me...
    No, woo, don't think it's a Euc.pete, yes, the lemons and oranges/tangerines/nesperas/plums/apples/whatever are on irrigation .... it suddenly sprung up this Spring, without human help me thinks. He (the neighbour) did put in grape vines in the Autumn which was a novelty over the stone...
    No, woo, don't think it's a Euc.pete, yes, the lemons and oranges/tangerines/nesperas/plums/apples/whatever are on irrigation .... it suddenly sprung up this Spring, without human help me thinks. He (the neighbour) did put in grape vines in...
    No, woo, don't think it's a Euc.pete, yes, the lemons and oranges/tangerines/nesperas/plums/apples/whatever are on irrigation .... it suddenly sprung up this Spring, without human help me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rosa

ID Lady Of Leisure

royster, it will be great when mine grow like LoLs, hopefully i will get flowers on mine this year depnding on how it grows i suppose. those yellow thingies are slow release feeders some have...
    royster, it will be great when mine grow like LoLs, hopefully i will get flowers on mine this year depnding on how it grows i suppose. those yellow thingies are slow release feeders some have worked yet some have failed the lot came out of them on 4 must of chopped too much off the top, bought...
    royster, it will be great when mine grow like LoLs, hopefully i will get flowers on mine this year depnding on how it grows i suppose. those yellow thingies are slow release feeders some have worked yet some have failed the lot came out of them...
    royster, it will be great when mine grow like LoLs, hopefully i will get flowers on mine this year depnding on how it grows i suppose. those yellow thingies are slow release feeders some have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kedi-Gato

A member of the nettle family?

Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what...
    Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what PeterS said.
    Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what PeterS said.
    Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Stu in France

Tree Identification

Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful...
    Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful shade so it might be nice to eventually build a table around it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalpa
    Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful shade so it might be nice to eventually build a...
    Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kedi-Gato

unknown woodland plant

Agreed! That's what made me uncertain - they look like single leaves, too, not several coming from a central stalk. Very sambucus-like, though, so I'll try to follow that up...Bis morgen! Tschuss!
    Agreed! That's what made me uncertain - they look like single leaves, too, not several coming from a central stalk. Very sambucus-like, though, so I'll try to follow that up...Bis morgen! Tschuss!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Laurie

Another ID Needed

Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the...
    Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the background...Lysmachia :D
    Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the background...Lysmachia :D
    Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. millymilly

What is it, please?

Thanks for that, Blackthorn. A friend, alas, now living in France said that she thought it was a Himalayan Honeysuckle, which I believe is the same thing, when it was a tiny thing and I don't...
    Thanks for that, Blackthorn. A friend, alas, now living in France said that she thought it was a Himalayan Honeysuckle, which I believe is the same thing, when it was a tiny thing and I don't even know how it got where it was.Another friend said it was a "big weed", next-door said "too pretty...
    Thanks for that, Blackthorn. A friend, alas, now living in France said that she thought it was a Himalayan Honeysuckle, which I believe is the same thing, when it was a tiny thing and I don't even know how it got where it was.Another friend...
    Thanks for that, Blackthorn. A friend, alas, now living in France said that she thought it was a Himalayan Honeysuckle, which I believe is the same thing, when it was a tiny thing and I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PeterS

Seen at Harwood House

Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I...
    Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I haven't seen red stems on a Salvia before, but some blue flowered ones such as S. farinacea 'Victoria'...
    Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I haven't seen red stems on a Salvia before, but some...
    Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. strongylodon

Another two to ID

Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the...
    Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the orange in the pic, perhaps it will change colour as it grows, by the way it has had two blue flowers....
    Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the orange in the pic, perhaps it will change colour as...
    Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. gardengnom

What is this beautiful vine?

My dad has this...Clematis 'General Sikorski'
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl

What tree

I've had good nights out like that as well!TO
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. gardengnom

what is this plant?

The first picture looks to be either Acer platanoides Crimson Queen or Crimson King.The second photo seems to be of one of the Laburnums. David.
    The first picture looks to be either Acer platanoides Crimson Queen or Crimson King.The second photo seems to be of one of the Laburnums. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Stingo

Two plants to id please

They can stand it on my window ledge in the direct sun, doesn't faze them at all, now I know why :D
    They can stand it on my window ledge in the direct sun, doesn't faze them at all, now I know why :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Yet another plant ID

Very good liz, can't go wrong at that price
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Laurie

Weed or Wot?

Hi Laurie if you Google the name then a picture of the plant in flower comes up first on the list :cool:
    Hi Laurie if you Google the name then a picture of the plant in flower comes up first on the list :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nathan7

PLANT ID

Bobj 's plant is Senecio. A nice variety is 'sunshine': http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/senecio.htm
    Bobj 's plant is Senecio. A nice variety is 'sunshine': http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/senecio.htm
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Johnny

Help? No idea what this is.

Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like...
    Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like yours. On mine all the leaves have 4 pairs of leaflets with one at the end. Keble Martin draws his like...
    Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like yours. On mine all the leaves have 4 pairs of leaflets...
    Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kedi-Gato

What is this beauty?

Yes, I think so too Blackthorn. I'll post a pic when we get it moved in the autumn.
    Yes, I think so too Blackthorn. I'll post a pic when we get it moved in the autumn.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice