1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Kedi-Gato

unknown woodland plant

Agreed! That's what made me uncertain - they look like single leaves, too, not several coming from a central stalk. Very sambucus-like, though, so I'll try to follow that up...Bis morgen! Tschuss!
    Agreed! That's what made me uncertain - they look like single leaves, too, not several coming from a central stalk. Very sambucus-like, though, so I'll try to follow that up...Bis morgen! Tschuss!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Stu in France

Tree Identification

Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful...
    Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful shade so it might be nice to eventually build a table around it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalpa
    Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful shade so it might be nice to eventually build a...
    Hi Stu and a warm welcome from me too.I agree with the others about it being a Catalpa. Our kids have one in their garden, it's about 18 years old and quite large already. It gives wonderful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. PeterS

Seen at Harwood House

Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I...
    Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I haven't seen red stems on a Salvia before, but some blue flowered ones such as S. farinacea 'Victoria'...
    Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I haven't seen red stems on a Salvia before, but some...
    Liz - I think you must be right. Though its not one I have seen before, and am still bemused. The bend in the flower itself is very much a Salvia trait. The red stems should be a strong clue. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Laurie

Another ID Needed

Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the...
    Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the background...Lysmachia :D
    Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the background...Lysmachia :D
    Sorry Kandy........but was absent last week. It's funny how a common plant sometimes passes you by. I have just noticed in Laurie's pic at the top of this page.....in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. gardengnom

What is this beautiful vine?

My dad has this...Clematis 'General Sikorski'
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

What tree

I've had good nights out like that as well!TO
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. strongylodon

Another two to ID

Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the...
    Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the orange in the pic, perhaps it will change colour as it grows, by the way it has had two blue flowers....
    Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the orange in the pic, perhaps it will change colour as...
    Pete and Goggs, re the Solanum, I agree that it is not Quitoense as it has no spines on the surface as mine does, it could be S Pyracanthos although the spines on mine are more purple than the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Laurie

Weed or Wot?

Hi Laurie if you Google the name then a picture of the plant in flower comes up first on the list :cool:
    Hi Laurie if you Google the name then a picture of the plant in flower comes up first on the list :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stingo

Two plants to id please

They can stand it on my window ledge in the direct sun, doesn't faze them at all, now I know why :D
    They can stand it on my window ledge in the direct sun, doesn't faze them at all, now I know why :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Liz

Yet another plant ID

Very good liz, can't go wrong at that price
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nathan7

PLANT ID

Bobj 's plant is Senecio. A nice variety is 'sunshine': http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/senecio.htm
    Bobj 's plant is Senecio. A nice variety is 'sunshine': http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/senecio.htm
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Paladin

Another stranger

Mmmm..I see it could reach 35ft!...I reckon it's destined for the edge of the stream along the footpath..
    Mmmm..I see it could reach 35ft!...I reckon it's destined for the edge of the stream along the footpath..
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kedi-Gato

What is this beauty?

Yes, I think so too Blackthorn. I'll post a pic when we get it moved in the autumn.
    Yes, I think so too Blackthorn. I'll post a pic when we get it moved in the autumn.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Johnny

Help? No idea what this is.

Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like...
    Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like yours. On mine all the leaves have 4 pairs of leaflets with one at the end. Keble Martin draws his like...
    Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like yours. On mine all the leaves have 4 pairs of leaflets...
    Well by elimination - its not mountain ash cause it doesn't have the leaf serrations. Its definitely not beech or elm. Have just looked at a young ash down the garden and that does look like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JEN.K

Is it a weed ? or not

In the first picture the leaf being held looks like one of the ground cover berries [Rubus]. They can be very ornamental in the right place and some have edible berries. I like it. the lysimachia...
    In the first picture the leaf being held looks like one of the ground cover berries [Rubus]. They can be very ornamental in the right place and some have edible berries. I like it. the lysimachia punctata is also attractive, and the fern. Personally I'd keep a plant if you like it and it fits in...
    In the first picture the leaf being held looks like one of the ground cover berries [Rubus]. They can be very ornamental in the right place and some have edible berries. I like it. the lysimachia punctata is also attractive, and the...
    In the first picture the leaf being held looks like one of the ground cover berries [Rubus]. They can be very ornamental in the right place and some have edible berries. I like it. the lysimachia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kedi-Gato

A member of the nettle family?

Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what...
    Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what PeterS said.
    Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what PeterS said.
    Hi Palustris, thanks but no, it is not Nepeta subsessilis. I did go through various links under this name and although the flowers look familiar, the leaves are different. It is definitly what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lelly

ergh, wots this?

If you don't have a pond, you could try putting them on a plate for the birds - if they don't fry in the sun first!
    If you don't have a pond, you could try putting them on a plate for the birds - if they don't fry in the sun first!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lelly

Whats this in neighbours garden?

Good point Geoff.
    Good point Geoff.
    Good point Geoff.
    Good point Geoff.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JarBax

What is this 'weed'?

It looks quite attractive like that Jarbax. I have it in my garden but I am not sure what the flowers are like because I pull it out every time I see it, The runners are a nuisance, and as you say...
    It looks quite attractive like that Jarbax. I have it in my garden but I am not sure what the flowers are like because I pull it out every time I see it, The runners are a nuisance, and as you say it has a very distinctive smell.Its a typical member of the mint family; square stalk, opposite...
    It looks quite attractive like that Jarbax. I have it in my garden but I am not sure what the flowers are like because I pull it out every time I see it, The runners are a nuisance, and as you say it has a very distinctive smell.Its a typical...
    It looks quite attractive like that Jarbax. I have it in my garden but I am not sure what the flowers are like because I pull it out every time I see it, The runners are a nuisance, and as you say...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. gandygardener

anybody know what these are??

Here are mine -
    Here are mine -
    Here are mine -
    Here are mine -
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice