1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Dan .

Problem Weed!

Hi Ray P, Think maybe we both know it locally as squitch ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Charlie

Type of Lavender?

Hi Charlie , I have a bush in the garden with flowers like yours & it is, Lavendula angustifolia "folgate". It's flower spikes are longer & more spread out than the "hidcote" & not quite so...
    Hi Charlie , I have a bush in the garden with flowers like yours & it is, Lavendula angustifolia "folgate". It's flower spikes are longer & more spread out than the "hidcote" & not quite so dark in colour either. Hope that helps. :D p.s. Have to say your quotation is brilliant &...
    Hi Charlie , I have a bush in the garden with flowers like yours & it is, Lavendula angustifolia "folgate". It's flower spikes are longer & more spread out than the "hidcote" & not quite so dark in colour either. Hope that helps. ...
    Hi Charlie , I have a bush in the garden with flowers like yours & it is, Lavendula angustifolia "folgate". It's flower spikes are longer & more spread out than the "hidcote" & not quite so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Charlie

More plant ID's - help needed

French marigolds to be precise Charlie! Not half as luscious IMO, as the orange Calendula though, which my slugs don't eat like the french ones either!! And, you can use calendula to make a...
    French marigolds to be precise Charlie! Not half as luscious IMO, as the orange Calendula though, which my slugs don't eat like the french ones either!! And, you can use calendula to make a soothing tincture for injuries!
    French marigolds to be precise Charlie! Not half as luscious IMO, as the orange Calendula though, which my slugs don't eat like the french ones either!! And, you can use calendula to make a soothing tincture for injuries!
    French marigolds to be precise Charlie! Not half as luscious IMO, as the orange Calendula though, which my slugs don't eat like the french ones either!! And, you can use calendula to make a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley

Help please need a plant ID ........

:D Thanks becca & pete, it is a day lilly as you say. It is day lilly "little flirt". Thank you Charlie. :D
    :D Thanks becca & pete, it is a day lilly as you say. It is day lilly "little flirt". Thank you Charlie. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pete

Mushrooms they aint

but the there wouldn't be mushroom for anything else in the pot!:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Charlie

Fuschia ID

If you've got the patience click here and look through the pics http://www.fuchsiamagic.com/fuchsias/But like fran says many are very similar...see aintree for starters [ 01. July 2005,...
    If you've got the patience click here and look through the pics http://www.fuchsiamagic.com/fuchsias/But like fran says many are very similar...see aintree for starters [ 01. July 2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: SteveW ]
    If you've got the patience click here and look through the pics http://www.fuchsiamagic.com/fuchsias/But like fran says many are very similar...see aintree for starters [ 01. July 2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: SteveW ]
    If you've got the patience click here and look through the pics http://www.fuchsiamagic.com/fuchsias/But like fran says many are very similar...see aintree for starters [ 01. July 2005,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Charlie

Surfinia ID

okie dokie
    okie dokie
    okie dokie
    okie dokie
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fran

Plant ID

I thought not, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. fiwi

Can you indentify this?

:rolleyes: On 2nd thoughts think I am wrong & it sounds like pete is right. :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: On 2nd thoughts think I am wrong & it sounds like pete is right. :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Davina

Can anyone ID this please?

Could it be a little Indian bean tree??????? They have very big leaves & are quite late. [ 08. July 2005, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Could it be a little Indian bean tree??????? They have very big leaves & are quite late. [ 08. July 2005, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. steve b

I D Please

I agree - they are dianthus. Garden pinks by their known name. Lovely flowers, and the perfume can be great.
    I agree - they are dianthus. Garden pinks by their known name. Lovely flowers, and the perfume can be great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SteveW

Tree ID

Yes agree there Bayleaf, hence I can keep a conker small that way too
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rich

Any idea what this is?

i have completly no idea what that is, sorry
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Andrew_Swansea

Weed needing identifying please

As I recall, a member of the pea family rather than cabbage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Hannah

Can you identify this one?

lol typical response, I proudly presented Granny with the print-out of your link Bayleaf, and my Gramps says "I told you it was a...." hang on, big word... "persicaria, didn't I?!" :D
    lol typical response, I proudly presented Granny with the print-out of your link Bayleaf, and my Gramps says "I told you it was a...." hang on, big word... "persicaria, didn't I?!" :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. essjay

Does anyone know what this tree is ?

:D Thanks very much guys :DI did have a lot of stems growing up from the bottom, and looked a bit bush like, but I trimmed them back cos I like to better looking like a tree :DThanks...
    :D Thanks very much guys :DI did have a lot of stems growing up from the bottom, and looked a bit bush like, but I trimmed them back cos I like to better looking like a tree :DThanks very much for the link Bayleaf :D It's not had any flowers or berries as yet, perhaps in the spring...
    :D Thanks very much guys :DI did have a lot of stems growing up from the bottom, and looked a bit bush like, but I trimmed them back cos I like to better looking like a tree :DThanks very much for the link Bayleaf :D It's not had any...
    :D Thanks very much guys :DI did have a lot of stems growing up from the bottom, and looked a bit bush like, but I trimmed them back cos I like to better looking like a tree :DThanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Larburnum

Can anyone help with the Name

Thanks Steve, I'm off to sort them out in the greenhouse now. Also kept this on my list of favourites. Didn't know there was such a vast selection of information on these computers. Still a...
    Thanks Steve, I'm off to sort them out in the greenhouse now. Also kept this on my list of favourites. Didn't know there was such a vast selection of information on these computers. Still a beginner!!!!!!.But with all your members help I am learning fast. and guess what!!!! I have just found...
    Thanks Steve, I'm off to sort them out in the greenhouse now. Also kept this on my list of favourites. Didn't know there was such a vast selection of information on these computers. Still a beginner!!!!!!.But with all your members help I am...
    Thanks Steve, I'm off to sort them out in the greenhouse now. Also kept this on my list of favourites. Didn't know there was such a vast selection of information on these computers. Still a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Heather

I D help

Hi Heather, These links may help. These are hardy agapanthus in 1st link, they are the shorter ones. http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/plantlistpages/agapanthus.htm This 2nd site is the non...
    Hi Heather, These links may help. These are hardy agapanthus in 1st link, they are the shorter ones. http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/plantlistpages/agapanthus.htm This 2nd site is the non hardy, the tall ones click on information & then use the menu on left of page to find out what you...
    Hi Heather, These links may help. These are hardy agapanthus in 1st link, they are the shorter ones. http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/plantlistpages/agapanthus.htm This 2nd site is the non hardy, the tall ones click on information & then use...
    Hi Heather, These links may help. These are hardy agapanthus in 1st link, they are the shorter ones. http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/plantlistpages/agapanthus.htm This 2nd site is the non...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jerry Cornelius

Help with plant name

that is interesting peter it must be much hardier than i thought :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Heather

What is this?

Hi Heather, they can be lifted and divided but not until Spring, they will die back in the Autumn. If you do need to move them before then try to take as much soil with it so as not to disturbe...
    Hi Heather, they can be lifted and divided but not until Spring, they will die back in the Autumn. If you do need to move them before then try to take as much soil with it so as not to disturbe the roots too much and give it lots of water when you replant it, then keep your fingers crossed that...
    Hi Heather, they can be lifted and divided but not until Spring, they will die back in the Autumn. If you do need to move them before then try to take as much soil with it so as not to disturbe the roots too much and give it lots of water when...
    Hi Heather, they can be lifted and divided but not until Spring, they will die back in the Autumn. If you do need to move them before then try to take as much soil with it so as not to disturbe...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice