1. Photo Competition
    MAY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Made it through the winter" so get your best falsetto voices ready and show us what has been Stayin' Alive

Please Click Here!

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. djmartylyttle

Solved Invasive bush with long branches

I’ll need to wait until it grows a bit then for the leaves to return. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

Good evening @noisette47 and @Silver surfer my friends and many thanks is it also called a Toffee Apple tree
    Good evening @noisette47 and @Silver surfer my friends and many thanks is it also called a Toffee Apple tree
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ChrisIB

Solved Can anyone identify this cane / bamboo?

Interesting, thanks If helpful, here's a better one of the leaves
    IMG20220314112257.jpg IMG20220314112308.jpg IMG20220314112245.jpg IMG20220316085654.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. bleu-clair

Solved Problem with boxwood

Many thanks for the advice @Upsydaisy and @peteIt's such a shame as I have an entire mini hedge made of boxwood. It seems that the blight is spreading to other areas of it rather quickly. I'm...
    Many thanks for the advice @Upsydaisy and @peteIt's such a shame as I have an entire mini hedge made of boxwood. It seems that the blight is spreading to other areas of it rather quickly. I'm guessing that at some point I will have to remove the entire hedge which makes me really sad :sad::sad::sad:
    Many thanks for the advice @Upsydaisy and @peteIt's such a shame as I have an entire mini hedge made of boxwood. It seems that the blight is spreading to other areas of it rather quickly. I'm guessing that at some point I will have to remove...
    Many thanks for the advice @Upsydaisy and @peteIt's such a shame as I have an entire mini hedge made of boxwood. It seems that the blight is spreading to other areas of it rather quickly. I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Barders

Solved Are these dwarf tulips please?

How lovely, thank you @Palustris, just researching them now and added them to RHS Scrape book for when I get my new home :dbgrtmb:
    How lovely, thank you @Palustris, just researching them now and added them to RHS Scrape book for when I get my new home :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. icehockeyuk

Solved Can anyone ID this shrub?

Looks like a beautiful Abelia shrub.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. icehockeyuk

Solved Can you identify these 2 shrubs?

Yes there is a Berberis with leaves that colour, and I think I can see one about half way up as well.You were quick with that quote, I deleted my comment when I realised from the leaf shape they...
    Yes there is a Berberis with leaves that colour, and I think I can see one about half way up as well.You were quick with that quote, I deleted my comment when I realised from the leaf shape they were probably a different Geranium
    Yes there is a Berberis with leaves that colour, and I think I can see one about half way up as well.You were quick with that quote, I deleted my comment when I realised from the leaf shape they were probably a different Geranium
    Yes there is a Berberis with leaves that colour, and I think I can see one about half way up as well.You were quick with that quote, I deleted my comment when I realised from the leaf shape they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Clare G
    Like x 4

Solved Can anyone ID this exotic-looking plant?

Echiums, I find, are one of those plants that really do show you if they are happy. A few years ago I collected some seeds of our wild Echium vulgare, they were growing in shingle at Dungeness...
    Echiums, I find, are one of those plants that really do show you if they are happy. A few years ago I collected some seeds of our wild Echium vulgare, they were growing in shingle at Dungeness and about 12 to 18 tall. In my garden they were rampant and soon got out of hand over 3ft tall.
    Echiums, I find, are one of those plants that really do show you if they are happy. A few years ago I collected some seeds of our wild Echium vulgare, they were growing in shingle at Dungeness and about 12 to 18 tall. In my garden they were...
    Echiums, I find, are one of those plants that really do show you if they are happy. A few years ago I collected some seeds of our wild Echium vulgare, they were growing in shingle at Dungeness...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JimmyB

Solved Help needed please

Binned them. Spent the afternoon in the sun with the missus weeding the border. A zillion violets, a fair amount of couch grass, rocket (which self seeds for us and grows like a sort of half...
    Binned them. Spent the afternoon in the sun with the missus weeding the border. A zillion violets, a fair amount of couch grass, rocket (which self seeds for us and grows like a sort of half welcome pest: I love the flowers which are nutty and delicious but you can have too much do a food...
    Binned them. Spent the afternoon in the sun with the missus weeding the border. A zillion violets, a fair amount of couch grass, rocket (which self seeds for us and grows like a sort of half welcome pest: I love the flowers which are nutty and...
    Binned them. Spent the afternoon in the sun with the missus weeding the border. A zillion violets, a fair amount of couch grass, rocket (which self seeds for us and grows like a sort of half...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. GardenGert

Tree fungus?

Thanks Pete, gutted on several levels! Not 2ft clearance below without taking the biggest branch, and we lost another in Eunice so maybe time to let her go :frown:
    Thanks Pete, gutted on several levels! Not 2ft clearance below without taking the biggest branch, and we lost another in Eunice so maybe time to let her go :frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. groundbeetle

Solved Type of Cyclamen?

Our cyclamen much prefer shady areas. Our main cyclamen bed (about 15' x 20') is in full shade. It has spread from there and also seems to prefer the shadier beds and lawns. We used to dig...
    Our cyclamen much prefer shady areas. Our main cyclamen bed (about 15' x 20') is in full shade. It has spread from there and also seems to prefer the shadier beds and lawns. We used to dig them, carefully, out of the lawns but it got too much work. So, unfortunately, they just get mowed. ...
    Our cyclamen much prefer shady areas. Our main cyclamen bed (about 15' x 20') is in full shade. It has spread from there and also seems to prefer the shadier beds and lawns. We used to dig them, carefully, out of the lawns but it got too much...
    Our cyclamen much prefer shady areas. Our main cyclamen bed (about 15' x 20') is in full shade. It has spread from there and also seems to prefer the shadier beds and lawns. We used to dig...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jocko

Solved Can you identify these birds.

On renovating a roof we found a nest of (feral) pigeons and carefully put the nest on the ground whilst working.A hedgehog got the youngest chick, so we had to take the two young punks indoors...
    On renovating a roof we found a nest of (feral) pigeons and carefully put the nest on the ground whilst working.A hedgehog got the youngest chick, so we had to take the two young punks indoors to avoid further bloodshed. The Punks had baby feathers and shocking green crowns and readily fed on...
    On renovating a roof we found a nest of (feral) pigeons and carefully put the nest on the ground whilst working.A hedgehog got the youngest chick, so we had to take the two young punks indoors to avoid further bloodshed. The Punks had baby...
    On renovating a roof we found a nest of (feral) pigeons and carefully put the nest on the ground whilst working.A hedgehog got the youngest chick, so we had to take the two young punks indoors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pete

Magnolia????

I’m no expert on Magnolias, but it’s so well established, you’d think it’s not one of the evergreen variants that are becoming increasingly available now. Some kind of grandiflora, until the...
    I’m no expert on Magnolias, but it’s so well established, you’d think it’s not one of the evergreen variants that are becoming increasingly available now. Some kind of grandiflora, until the flowers come out to narrow down further.
    I’m no expert on Magnolias, but it’s so well established, you’d think it’s not one of the evergreen variants that are becoming increasingly available now. Some kind of grandiflora, until the flowers come out to narrow down further.
    I’m no expert on Magnolias, but it’s so well established, you’d think it’s not one of the evergreen variants that are becoming increasingly available now. Some kind of grandiflora, until the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jack860966

Solved What is this fungus?

Your welcome:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Chrislisi1982

Solved What is this hedge?

Is it a variety of Cotoneaster? Maybe the Cotoneaster franchetii variety. This information page says the fruit is edible if that is what your plant is.Happy gardening!
    Is it a variety of Cotoneaster? Maybe the Cotoneaster franchetii variety. This information page says the fruit is edible if that is what your plant is.Happy gardening!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Wannabe

Solved Winter flowering climber

Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe ...
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe Minimum temp...(-20C/(-4F) to -15C)
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe Minimum temp...(-20C/(-4F) to -15C)
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nigel62

Solved ID (again) please

pics 1. GAULTHERIA MUCRONATA LILACINA 2. GAULTHERIA MUCRONATA ROSEA 3. GAULTHERIA MUCRONATA SNEEUWWITJE
    pics 1. GAULTHERIA MUCRONATA LILACINA 2. GAULTHERIA MUCRONATA ROSEA 3. GAULTHERIA MUCRONATA SNEEUWWITJE
    20211222_180956.jpg GAULTHERIA  MUCRONATA  LILACINA 11-09-2008 15-55-26.JPG GAULTHERIA  MUCRONATA  ROSEA 11-11-2015 14-34-08.JPG GAULTHERIA  MUCRONATA  SNEEUWWITJE 08-09-2009 16-42-29.JPG GAULTHERIA  MUCRONATA 15 01 2012 09-56.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sheal

Spruce?

Thanks Pete. :) I'll give it closer inspection tomorrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria

Succulent ID Please

Wow again !! That’s amazing ! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Palustris

Solved Conifer id

Thanks. Seems to be the correct id. Most grateful.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice