Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Nikolaos

Can anyone help me to identify this, please?

@groundbeetle Thanks, I think it must be a double Feverfew or something very closely related to it, especially considering how similar the petals are! I didn't even realise you could get double...
    @groundbeetle Thanks, I think it must be a double Feverfew or something very closely related to it, especially considering how similar the petals are! I didn't even realise you could get double feverfews and the high number of petals on the one at my old allotment would indicate one of those! :)Nick
    @groundbeetle Thanks, I think it must be a double Feverfew or something very closely related to it, especially considering how similar the petals are! I didn't even realise you could get double feverfews and the high number of petals on the one...
    @groundbeetle Thanks, I think it must be a double Feverfew or something very closely related to it, especially considering how similar the petals are! I didn't even realise you could get double...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Palustris

Solved We acquired this shrub, Id?

Smart, Thank you. Not bad for £2.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. karaman

Solved Please ID this beautiful thing - i must have one

Make sure you have right conditions...they love semi shade Enough space.
    IMG1065A.jpg IMG_20210617_142140344.jpg CORNUS  KOUSA 27-09-2009 15-11-12.JPG CORNUS  KOUSA 27-09-2009 15-14-28.JPG CORNUS  KOUSA 27-09-2009 15-14-47.JPG CORNUS  KOUSA 27-09-2009 15-15-06.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. hailbopp

Solved Wild flower?

Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of...
    Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of Scotland not far from Edinburgh but at about 350 ft. I would say a similar climate to yourself so all...
    Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of Scotland not far from Edinburgh but at about 350 ft. I...
    Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. clanless

Solved Remember this?

I suggested Horseradish because the leaves had wavy edges, but if no smell then Broad Leaf Dock.
    I suggested Horseradish because the leaves had wavy edges, but if no smell then Broad Leaf Dock.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kevin Cowans

Can someone please identify this Phlox Cultivar?

Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.The Phlox is currently at approximately 850mm tall.I see your point regarding the deeper pink eye, mine has a darker pink in the centre but it is not...
    Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.The Phlox is currently at approximately 850mm tall.I see your point regarding the deeper pink eye, mine has a darker pink in the centre but it is not as pronounced as the one in the picture you linked to.I will keep looking.ThanksKevin
    Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.The Phlox is currently at approximately 850mm tall.I see your point regarding the deeper pink eye, mine has a darker pink in the centre but it is not as pronounced as the one in the picture you...
    Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.The Phlox is currently at approximately 850mm tall.I see your point regarding the deeper pink eye, mine has a darker pink in the centre but it is not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. shiney

Solved Goody or Baddy

Brilliant :hapydancsmil: we have loads of them :)Thanks @JWK @Silver surfer
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. clum111

Solved I.D. This plant please

Hi, Thanks for your reply. That makes sense, thank you;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Nigel62

Solved Any idea?

Yep, pops up now and again in my garden, I tend to treat it as a weed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Spadefreak

Solved Tall pink mystery plant

Many thanks, both, for those answers. I didnt even recognise the plant as a poppy because of the weird flowers, but now I’ve been able to search poppy varieties and it does look like Papaver...
    Many thanks, both, for those answers. I didnt even recognise the plant as a poppy because of the weird flowers, but now I’ve been able to search poppy varieties and it does look like Papaver Somniferum, probably the Paeoniflorum group, variety “Pink Paeony”. I wanted to identify it so I could...
    Many thanks, both, for those answers. I didnt even recognise the plant as a poppy because of the weird flowers, but now I’ve been able to search poppy varieties and it does look like Papaver Somniferum, probably the Paeoniflorum group, variety...
    Many thanks, both, for those answers. I didnt even recognise the plant as a poppy because of the weird flowers, but now I’ve been able to search poppy varieties and it does look like Papaver...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mja388

Is this Beetle eating my plants?

Many thanks for your reply NigelJ. I visited the RHS site you linked to in your reply and I added the info to their "Rosemary Beetle" survey! Too wet to photograph the damage today but will post a...
    Many thanks for your reply NigelJ. I visited the RHS site you linked to in your reply and I added the info to their "Rosemary Beetle" survey! Too wet to photograph the damage today but will post a new image asap. Thanks again!
    Many thanks for your reply NigelJ. I visited the RHS site you linked to in your reply and I added the info to their "Rosemary Beetle" survey! Too wet to photograph the damage today but will post a new image asap. Thanks again!
    Many thanks for your reply NigelJ. I visited the RHS site you linked to in your reply and I added the info to their "Rosemary Beetle" survey! Too wet to photograph the damage today but will post a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. xxxDawnxxx

Solved Plant ID

Scabious?
    Scabious?
    Scabious?
    Scabious?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clum111

Solved Can't remember what this is called....?

It will have a lovely scent! We used to have a huge Philadelphus which scented the whole garden.
    It will have a lovely scent! We used to have a huge Philadelphus which scented the whole garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. REMO

Solved These are supposed to be chillies

The seeds I actually planted came from some home grown chillies from a neighbour. Unfortunately none of them have taken. The Nightshade must have been lying in wait in the compost.
    The seeds I actually planted came from some home grown chillies from a neighbour. Unfortunately none of them have taken. The Nightshade must have been lying in wait in the compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. redd

Solved Who is this?

FABULOUS! That looks just about right to me. Very proud of this fella's recovery.We did inherit the pot as well which we pretty chuffed.Thank you so much for your help!!
    FABULOUS! That looks just about right to me. Very proud of this fella's recovery.We did inherit the pot as well which we pretty chuffed.Thank you so much for your help!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. torlaw

Solved Help identifying a few shrubs/bushes in garden

I agree. 2. It is definitely not a rose. Philadelphus coronaria leaves are very distinctive. There are many named cultivars some of which have more than 4 petals.
    I agree. 2. It is definitely not a rose. Philadelphus coronaria leaves are very distinctive. There are many named cultivars some of which have more than 4 petals.
    IMG_2136.JPG IMG_2130.JPG IMG_2011.JPG CORNUS  ALBA  SIBIRICA   03-Aug-17 10-18-31 AM.JPG CORNUS  LEAF TEST 16-07-2008 11-21-07.JPG CORNUS  LEAF TEST 16-07-2008 11-21-47.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lucyloo

Solved Identification help please :)

Agree with Pete. They are really rather nice plants. I grow quite a few through trees. They come in white, pale and dark pink and flower up here in Scotland at the end of July. They are a good cut...
    Agree with Pete. They are really rather nice plants. I grow quite a few through trees. They come in white, pale and dark pink and flower up here in Scotland at the end of July. They are a good cut flower and last quite well.
    Agree with Pete. They are really rather nice plants. I grow quite a few through trees. They come in white, pale and dark pink and flower up here in Scotland at the end of July. They are a good cut flower and last quite well.
    Agree with Pete. They are really rather nice plants. I grow quite a few through trees. They come in white, pale and dark pink and flower up here in Scotland at the end of July. They are a good cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaneoak

Solved What are these?

1. Saxifraga...maybe paniculata. 2. Geranium. 3. GeumAny good nursery or garden centre.
    1. Saxifraga...maybe paniculata. 2. Geranium. 3. GeumAny good nursery or garden centre.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Darren Strange

Solved Help identifying some succulents

Where abouts are you Darren? Semperviviums are a good hardy clump forming plant, and a couple of the Aloes are also pretty hardy. Yopu could try Aloe stiata , or Aloe aristata.
    Where abouts are you Darren? Semperviviums are a good hardy clump forming plant, and a couple of the Aloes are also pretty hardy. Yopu could try Aloe stiata , or Aloe aristata.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Selleri

Solved What is this tiny invader please?

It is a bit of a weed.
    It is a bit of a weed.
    It is a bit of a weed.
    It is a bit of a weed.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice