Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. GardeningFin

Solved Plant ID please

I never knew it grew locally, but his afternoon I discovered I'd been walking past a patch of Common Fleabane on the edge of my village for years and never noticed it before.What attracted my...
    I never knew it grew locally, but his afternoon I discovered I'd been walking past a patch of Common Fleabane on the edge of my village for years and never noticed it before.What attracted my attention was a load of Small Tortoiseshell butterflies all over them
    I never knew it grew locally, but his afternoon I discovered I'd been walking past a patch of Common Fleabane on the edge of my village for years and never noticed it before.What attracted my attention was a load of Small Tortoiseshell...
    I never knew it grew locally, but his afternoon I discovered I'd been walking past a patch of Common Fleabane on the edge of my village for years and never noticed it before.What attracted my...
    small tort fleabane.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Michael Hewett

Identification needed please

Thank you @Perki , The 1st one certainly looks like a woody stem. I thought it was a conifer or maybe a heather but not sure.
    Thank you @Perki , The 1st one certainly looks like a woody stem. I thought it was a conifer or maybe a heather but not sure.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Upsydaisy

Solved ID please.

You can always keep them containerized for a while Upsy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Emily Brookes

Solved Shrub/ tree that I assumed was dying has come to life!

The red stem one is the Cornus... a shrub See your pics above. Probably Cornus alba siberica....white flower/white berries.Other one looks like an Ash...a tree. Recommend you remove...
    The red stem one is the Cornus... a shrub See your pics above. Probably Cornus alba siberica....white flower/white berries.Other one looks like an Ash...a tree. Recommend you remove asap. Not a tree for a small garden.
    The red stem one is the Cornus... a shrub See your pics above. Probably Cornus alba siberica....white flower/white berries.Other one looks like an Ash...a tree. Recommend you remove asap. Not a tree for a small garden.
    The red stem one is the Cornus... a shrub See your pics above. Probably Cornus alba siberica....white flower/white berries.Other one looks like an Ash...a tree. Recommend you remove...
    upload_2020-7-31_10-1-47.jpeg CF686C07-2782-43A1-935B-4EBB592FB025.jpeg 02A2D01D-6A4D-490E-B822-1CD11C28DC16.jpeg D7EB0C03-C0EF-431A-9DF9-4506D9BCF76C.jpeg 3F03455E-539D-4229-8575-B630729EDFC0.jpeg 4DD6F9DC-F6D5-4CEF-863F-0FD300323830.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. SandyNI

Solved plant ID please

@Silver surfer thanks for the info..... would it be alright left in a pot. I've tried growing azaleas and rhods before and I don't think they are very fond of heavy clay soil that regularly gets...
    @Silver surfer thanks for the info..... would it be alright left in a pot. I've tried growing azaleas and rhods before and I don't think they are very fond of heavy clay soil that regularly gets water logged. Apart from vibernum and brachiosaurus, there's not many plants that like my garden.
    @Silver surfer thanks for the info..... would it be alright left in a pot. I've tried growing azaleas and rhods before and I don't think they are very fond of heavy clay soil that regularly gets water logged. Apart from vibernum and...
    @Silver surfer thanks for the info..... would it be alright left in a pot. I've tried growing azaleas and rhods before and I don't think they are very fond of heavy clay soil that regularly gets...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Max6389

Solved Plant ID

Liatris spicata.Liatris spicata. - Google Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ThePlantAssassin

Weed or not please?

Leaf shape doesn't look right for Glechoma hederacea...common name ground ivy.
    20200729_072040.jpg GLECHOMA  HEDERACEA  GROUND  IVY 05-05-2019 17-16-21.JPG GLECHOMA  HEDERACEA  GROUND  IVY 05-05-2019 17-19-13.JPG GLECHOMA  HEDERACEA  GROUND  IVY 19-05-2015 09-56-18.JPG GLECHOMA  HEDERACEA  GROUND  IVY 19-05-2015 11-59-43.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. bluepeter

Solved Identification request

I'd be happy to give the horrible, invasive stuff away. However, I don't have any pots in which to put it. And most of what I had is already in the wheelie bin waiting for the council to take it...
    I'd be happy to give the horrible, invasive stuff away. However, I don't have any pots in which to put it. And most of what I had is already in the wheelie bin waiting for the council to take it away.If anyone reading this would like some, you have until tomorrow (Thursday) evening to come to...
    I'd be happy to give the horrible, invasive stuff away. However, I don't have any pots in which to put it. And most of what I had is already in the wheelie bin waiting for the council to take it away.If anyone reading this would like some, you...
    I'd be happy to give the horrible, invasive stuff away. However, I don't have any pots in which to put it. And most of what I had is already in the wheelie bin waiting for the council to take it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. James Sheffield

Fern and...something

Good decision. It is an invasive thug ...that will grow through every plant in a border and is almost impossible to eradicate.
    Good decision. It is an invasive thug ...that will grow through every plant in a border and is almost impossible to eradicate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sheal

Solved Rhododendron?

That was a quick response Silver Surfer. Thank you. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Black Orchid

Solved Help please with ID of a tree

Wooly Back you must be joking? I am 67 and after I trimmed my conifer tree a fortnight ago I had problems with my heart.
    Wooly Back you must be joking? I am 67 and after I trimmed my conifer tree a fortnight ago I had problems with my heart.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jasmine star

Clematis ID and advice

Thank you @noisette47 I think I'm going to go with some nice pots. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Victoria

Solved Fushcia triphylla

I'm not 100% sure but I think I bought a plant of Bolivia a couple of years ago. It grew to 6feet in the first summer and apart from a few flowers when I bought it, it only started to bud up in...
    I'm not 100% sure but I think I bought a plant of Bolivia a couple of years ago. It grew to 6feet in the first summer and apart from a few flowers when I bought it, it only started to bud up in late October. Far too late and large for me.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think I bought a plant of Bolivia a couple of years ago. It grew to 6feet in the first summer and apart from a few flowers when I bought it, it only started to bud up in late October. Far too late and large for me.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think I bought a plant of Bolivia a couple of years ago. It grew to 6feet in the first summer and apart from a few flowers when I bought it, it only started to bud up in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Joolz

Small sapling id required.

She was a lovely one ☺ Our cat is Holly and she's 16. We've noticed that she's a bit arthritic up and down stairs but she still enjoys life and loves being in the garden on sunny days.. Unusually...
    She was a lovely one ☺ Our cat is Holly and she's 16. We've noticed that she's a bit arthritic up and down stairs but she still enjoys life and loves being in the garden on sunny days.. Unusually for a cat she also likes going out in the rain, and gets under the patio table!
    She was a lovely one ☺ Our cat is Holly and she's 16. We've noticed that she's a bit arthritic up and down stairs but she still enjoys life and loves being in the garden on sunny days.. Unusually for a cat she also likes going out in the rain,...
    She was a lovely one ☺ Our cat is Holly and she's 16. We've noticed that she's a bit arthritic up and down stairs but she still enjoys life and loves being in the garden on sunny days.. Unusually...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Max6389

Solved 2 plant ID

1) Shasta Daisy (looks like some Astilbe being covered bybit).
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. shiney

I.D. On This Please?

According to my trusty tree book;), had it years:old:, English Elm produces very few seeds that are actually viable and most trees were reproduced from suckers. Which is why they were so susceptible to...
    According to my trusty tree book;), had it years:old:, English Elm produces very few seeds that are actually viable and most trees were reproduced from suckers. Which is why they were so susceptible to Dutch Elm Disease, most of the ones in certain areas were actually clones.
    According to my trusty tree book;), had it years:old:, English Elm produces very few seeds that are actually viable and most trees were reproduced from suckers. Which is why they were so susceptible to Dutch Elm Disease, most of the ones in certain...
    According to my trusty tree book;), had it years:old:, English Elm produces very few seeds that are actually viable and most trees were reproduced from suckers. Which is why they were so susceptible to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. martyn bromley

Solved Any ideas?

ThanksThanks
    ThanksThanks
    ThanksThanks
    ThanksThanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Chris198205

Solved Hi could someone please id this for me

I agree, I reckon it is rosebay willowherb - I know it is well distributed across SW Scotland, and would expect that it could well be the same where you are.
    I agree, I reckon it is rosebay willowherb - I know it is well distributed across SW Scotland, and would expect that it could well be the same where you are.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TheWingco

Name of this pls

Yeah buddleia.
    Yeah buddleia.
    Yeah buddleia.
    Yeah buddleia.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jasmine star

Some sort of mushroom?

I'll remember that @Selleri :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice