1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. dp1l

Any one know what this is?

Yes great poppy got this one, plants die and new ones come up in completely different places each year. 1000s of seeds, if anyone wants some... email me please.Ladybird
    Yes great poppy got this one, plants die and new ones come up in completely different places each year. 1000s of seeds, if anyone wants some... email me please.Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. samsoph

plant ID, any ideas anyone?

Thanks for the best wishes, I never think to look at the profiles, have to start looking.
    Thanks for the best wishes, I never think to look at the profiles, have to start looking.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. hans

the unknown

It did survive outside last winter in my garden
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Webmaster

Anyone know what this is ???

lovely plant, must obtain one [next holiday]
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. fiwi

Can you ID this yellow annual

Me too! It's extremely yummy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. pete

Whats this?

it is growing at work by our canteen it is labelled i did walk to see with 6 other people none had pen half hour later none could remember name will be back wednesday will write it down :D :D
    it is growing at work by our canteen it is labelled i did walk to see with 6 other people none had pen half hour later none could remember name will be back wednesday will write it down :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. IanJ

identify tree?

Thanks Pete - looks like it's Sorbus intermedia (Swedish whitebeam) - see this Now that I know what it is, I can find out how best to control its growth - thanks very much for your help!
    Thanks Pete - looks like it's Sorbus intermedia (Swedish whitebeam) - see this Now that I know what it is, I can find out how best to control its growth - thanks very much for your help!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wonkeyeye

STRANGE PLANT

To you all.You were right after all. Thank you for the valuable information. I now know my plant to be ARUM ITALICUM MARMARATUM.You say it poisonous but something in my garden is silly...
    To you all.You were right after all. Thank you for the valuable information. I now know my plant to be ARUM ITALICUM MARMARATUM.You say it poisonous but something in my garden is silly enough to nibble on it.Once agan, thank you for finding this for me.I will mark it immediately.Thanks.
    To you all.You were right after all. Thank you for the valuable information. I now know my plant to be ARUM ITALICUM MARMARATUM.You say it poisonous but something in my garden is silly enough to nibble on it.Once agan, thank you for...
    To you all.You were right after all. Thank you for the valuable information. I now know my plant to be ARUM ITALICUM MARMARATUM.You say it poisonous but something in my garden is silly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mel

what are these plants?

Just the ideal spot for it. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jerry Cornelius

Is this honey fungus?

A garden I work in has honey fungus as well and I've just discovered a possible control method using Early Purple Orchid (Orchis mascula).Webmesh: Honey FungusAnyone any experience or...
    A garden I work in has honey fungus as well and I've just discovered a possible control method using Early Purple Orchid (Orchis mascula).Webmesh: Honey FungusAnyone any experience or comments about this?
    A garden I work in has honey fungus as well and I've just discovered a possible control method using Early Purple Orchid (Orchis mascula).Webmesh: Honey FungusAnyone any experience or comments about this?
    A garden I work in has honey fungus as well and I've just discovered a possible control method using Early Purple Orchid (Orchis mascula).Webmesh: Honey FungusAnyone any experience or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. crates

Can anyone identify this plant....

Not sure and I emphasise NOT SURE, but I dont think any are poisonous, just that most are not palateable or are a bit furry etc.
    Not sure and I emphasise NOT SURE, but I dont think any are poisonous, just that most are not palateable or are a bit furry etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. elainefiz

cant remember climbers name

Any chance of a picture?
    Any chance of a picture?
    Any chance of a picture?
    Any chance of a picture?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. suedobie

What's this?

Hi me again, just looked it up in one of my gardening books, appears all parts can cause stomach upsets if ingested, glad I did'nt taste it. The one I saw looks like Euonymus Hamiltonianus...
    Hi me again, just looked it up in one of my gardening books, appears all parts can cause stomach upsets if ingested, glad I did'nt taste it. The one I saw looks like Euonymus Hamiltonianus Sieboldianus "Red Elf" acording to my book.Sue
    Hi me again, just looked it up in one of my gardening books, appears all parts can cause stomach upsets if ingested, glad I did'nt taste it. The one I saw looks like Euonymus Hamiltonianus Sieboldianus "Red Elf" acording to my book.Sue
    Hi me again, just looked it up in one of my gardening books, appears all parts can cause stomach upsets if ingested, glad I did'nt taste it. The one I saw looks like Euonymus Hamiltonianus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hans

came from tenerife

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those growing on the cliffs in Cornwall are "hottentot figs", Carpobrotus Edulis.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think those growing on the cliffs in Cornwall are "hottentot figs", Carpobrotus Edulis.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. yinyan

anyone know what this plant may be??

oops meant
    oops meant
    oops meant
    oops meant
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SteveW

Plant ID please

Thanks Liz!Thats the one http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs/senectam.htmeven says it will stand frost, just loses its leaves and grows back...nice oneIts about 3 foot high Pete, from a 3...
    Thanks Liz!Thats the one http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs/senectam.htmeven says it will stand frost, just loses its leaves and grows back...nice oneIts about 3 foot high Pete, from a 3 inch cutting a year ago
    Thanks Liz!Thats the one http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs/senectam.htmeven says it will stand frost, just loses its leaves and grows back...nice oneIts about 3 foot high Pete, from a 3 inch cutting a year ago
    Thanks Liz!Thats the one http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs/senectam.htmeven says it will stand frost, just loses its leaves and grows back...nice oneIts about 3 foot high Pete, from a 3...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jezcollinge

What Are These Plants, Please?

the 3rd appers to be a snap dragon - sorry t not know the exact name! (-:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lady Gardener

what is it?

http://www.malvaceae.info/Cistaceae/Genera/Helianthemum/gallery.html This gallery has a picture of rhodanthe carneum which looks very much as you describe, ecxept more pink. If it is this,...
    http://www.malvaceae.info/Cistaceae/Genera/Helianthemum/gallery.html This gallery has a picture of rhodanthe carneum which looks very much as you describe, ecxept more pink. If it is this, cuttings in August should work.
    http://www.malvaceae.info/Cistaceae/Genera/Helianthemum/gallery.html This gallery has a picture of rhodanthe carneum which looks very much as you describe, ecxept more pink. If it is this, cuttings in August should work.
    http://www.malvaceae.info/Cistaceae/Genera/Helianthemum/gallery.html This gallery has a picture of rhodanthe carneum which looks very much as you describe, ecxept more pink. If it is this,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Atticus

Identification, please.

:D I han't thought of Lady's Smock! If it is then it will quite likely have self seeded and come back without any encouragement. Can be a persitent perenial weed but the spring leaves are edible...
    :D I han't thought of Lady's Smock! If it is then it will quite likely have self seeded and come back without any encouragement. Can be a persitent perenial weed but the spring leaves are edible and can be used in salads. Tastes something like watercress. [ 03. January 2006, 06:31 PM:...
    :D I han't thought of Lady's Smock! If it is then it will quite likely have self seeded and come back without any encouragement. Can be a persitent perenial weed but the spring leaves are edible and can be used in salads. Tastes something like...
    :D I han't thought of Lady's Smock! If it is then it will quite likely have self seeded and come back without any encouragement. Can be a persitent perenial weed but the spring leaves are edible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. tigglestiggles

What are those plants

I agree with Pete! What I'm seeing is: Variegated laurel [last pic looks like leaf from it] Plain Laurel [complete bush with leaf bark round] Cotoneaster [branches only showing with orange/red...
    I agree with Pete! What I'm seeing is: Variegated laurel [last pic looks like leaf from it] Plain Laurel [complete bush with leaf bark round] Cotoneaster [branches only showing with orange/red berries] Ceanothus [more like whole bush shown] Buddleia with what looks like a choisya in right...
    I agree with Pete! What I'm seeing is: Variegated laurel [last pic looks like leaf from it] Plain Laurel [complete bush with leaf bark round] Cotoneaster [branches only showing with orange/red berries] Ceanothus [more like whole bush shown] ...
    I agree with Pete! What I'm seeing is: Variegated laurel [last pic looks like leaf from it] Plain Laurel [complete bush with leaf bark round] Cotoneaster [branches only showing with orange/red...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice