Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mazambo

What is this?

Thanks @Silver surfer and @pete definitely not thrown elder seed on there, it's also the mealworm and sultana bed so the birds must have brought it in, not something I think I want.
    Thanks @Silver surfer and @pete definitely not thrown elder seed on there, it's also the mealworm and sultana bed so the birds must have brought it in, not something I think I want.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. martyn bromley

Can you identify this plant please?

Yep the one you gave me years ago has spread but it never becomes a problem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. blackstart

Mystery plant in friends garden

Great stuff, thanks for the ID SS.Blackstart
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. CecyFleur

Pretty in pink... but what is it?

Bearing in mind what you are saying about wanting winter colour in doors. Lots of people grow it purely as a house plant, so three cuttings set around and three inch pot to root. Once rooted...
    Bearing in mind what you are saying about wanting winter colour in doors. Lots of people grow it purely as a house plant, so three cuttings set around and three inch pot to root. Once rooted move up to a 5 inch pot. That way you get a nice bushy house plant. You can do that any time.
    Bearing in mind what you are saying about wanting winter colour in doors. Lots of people grow it purely as a house plant, so three cuttings set around and three inch pot to root. Once rooted move up to a 5 inch pot. That way you get a nice...
    Bearing in mind what you are saying about wanting winter colour in doors. Lots of people grow it purely as a house plant, so three cuttings set around and three inch pot to root. Once rooted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. katty

Curry plant?

Just found the label that came off mine
    8D6293C0-974A-4EE9-8D9F-A1706298359E.jpeg 15944637892734938700467973998877.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Stacey8490

What is this??

Its not a sun flower, its probably come from wild bird seed. Or agricultural land if you have any near you.Its just about to flower, leave it, nice yellow flowers, but not a sunflower.
    Its not a sun flower, its probably come from wild bird seed. Or agricultural land if you have any near you.Its just about to flower, leave it, nice yellow flowers, but not a sunflower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. KTSteve

What Are These Called?

The silver one is Calocephalus brownii, the second looks like a sangina.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. MrB

What are these perennials?

Thanks for the reply folks. It looks like it is too good to be true. However at least I know what plants are in the picture if nothing else.Thanks
    Thanks for the reply folks. It looks like it is too good to be true. However at least I know what plants are in the picture if nothing else.Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Canna W

Does anyone know this plant?

Pete - thank you so much!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Emaggie

I. D. Help Please.

The Hamburg is much better in chicken soup than using ordinary turnip. :blue thumb:
    The Hamburg is much better in chicken soup than using ordinary turnip. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. SimonZ

Yellow thistles, or maybe a knapweed?

Hi, I think it could be Centaurea macrocephala.Blackstart
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. CanadianLori

Good tree seedling or pull?

Glad I was able to help! Shame...I like Sorbaria...but realise in Ontario it could be a problem.Most poisons eg Round up ...work by the plant taking it right down to the roots. They do not act...
    Glad I was able to help! Shame...I like Sorbaria...but realise in Ontario it could be a problem.Most poisons eg Round up ...work by the plant taking it right down to the roots. They do not act instantly. So be patient and wait till completely dead before trying to remove it.
    Glad I was able to help! Shame...I like Sorbaria...but realise in Ontario it could be a problem.Most poisons eg Round up ...work by the plant taking it right down to the roots. They do not act instantly. So be patient and wait till completely...
    Glad I was able to help! Shame...I like Sorbaria...but realise in Ontario it could be a problem.Most poisons eg Round up ...work by the plant taking it right down to the roots. They do not act...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Green Knees

2 unknowns in planter

1. Agree willowherb ..there are many different ones. However not Chamaenerion angustifolium...common name rosebay willowherb...see pics below.Chamaenerion angustifolium - Google Search
    1. Agree willowherb ..there are many different ones. However not Chamaenerion angustifolium...common name rosebay willowherb...see pics below.Chamaenerion angustifolium - Google Search
    CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Jun-08 12-22-47 PM.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Jun-08 12-23-11 PM.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Jun-08 12-24-20 PM.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Sep-11 4-33-033.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 25-May-12 11-47-45 AM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CarolineL

Which honeysuckle is this please?

I'm assuming the name comes from the young foliage? The flowers are rather different to the ones I saw, which had larger clusters (albeit still in pairs), and more muted colour.
    I'm assuming the name comes from the young foliage? The flowers are rather different to the ones I saw, which had larger clusters (albeit still in pairs), and more muted colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevin Cowans

Can someone please identify these four Plants?

No Victoria, I'm sure I remember you being right once before.:roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TheFitGardener

What Plant Is this ?

Thanks...now has flowers. Rhus typhina...common name staghorn sumac.Did you look over the fence to see if they have one as well?rhus typhina - Google Search
    Thanks...now has flowers. Rhus typhina...common name staghorn sumac.Did you look over the fence to see if they have one as well?rhus typhina - Google Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. polybear

Any idea what plant this is please?

It is one of the many species of willowherb. Recommend you get rid of it asap before it seeds.
    It is one of the many species of willowherb. Recommend you get rid of it asap before it seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Max6389

Plant ID please

The roots go down a long way so you either need to have had rain recently or to give it a good watering.
    The roots go down a long way so you either need to have had rain recently or to give it a good watering.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Max6389

Two plant ID

Thank you both for quick replies :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. will562

Lavender

Ok lovely thanks. I thought they would be fine and also out old garden with Lavender certainly had plenty of weeds!!
    Ok lovely thanks. I thought they would be fine and also out old garden with Lavender certainly had plenty of weeds!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice