1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. jess and Mogg

friend or foe??? please look at these bulbs!

maybe not god to put mear the veg patch im creating or the sunflowers then??
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. frankie

plant i.d.

Hi Frankie, im really glad you posted that as ive got two growing in large pots.they were originally one but halfed it on recieving (husband brought it home after paving a ladies garden a couple...
    Hi Frankie, im really glad you posted that as ive got two growing in large pots.they were originally one but halfed it on recieving (husband brought it home after paving a ladies garden a couple of years ago)and never had a clue what it was until you descibed yours and Marley identified...
    Hi Frankie, im really glad you posted that as ive got two growing in large pots.they were originally one but halfed it on recieving (husband brought it home after paving a ladies garden a couple of years ago)and never had a clue what it was until...
    Hi Frankie, im really glad you posted that as ive got two growing in large pots.they were originally one but halfed it on recieving (husband brought it home after paving a ladies garden a couple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. MJ

Identify & Prune Tree

Thanks thats brilliant. Will let you know how I get on!Cheers MJ
    MJ, Feb 6, 2006 ... 2 3
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. redfifi1717

Identification required please!

Many thanks for all that very useful info. What a wealth of knowledge and info there is amongst us all!
    Many thanks for all that very useful info. What a wealth of knowledge and info there is amongst us all!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. redfifi1717

What are these?

Just to bring this up to date:Here's a couple of pics of Ramsons (Wild Garlic, Allium ursinum) I took today. Absolutley positive about the identity of these emerging shoots. That onion-garlic...
    Just to bring this up to date:Here's a couple of pics of Ramsons (Wild Garlic, Allium ursinum) I took today. Absolutley positive about the identity of these emerging shoots. That onion-garlic smell from a crushed leaf is realy powerful!With some snowdrops [ 27. February...
    Just to bring this up to date:Here's a couple of pics of Ramsons (Wild Garlic, Allium ursinum) I took today. Absolutley positive about the identity of these emerging shoots. That onion-garlic smell from a crushed leaf is realy powerful!...
    Just to bring this up to date:Here's a couple of pics of Ramsons (Wild Garlic, Allium ursinum) I took today. Absolutley positive about the identity of these emerging shoots. That onion-garlic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ric

Plant Identification

Hi, Liz - thanks for the clarification! Yes, I was thinking of the first one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dave_In_His_Garden

Identification please

What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or...
    What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or something of that sort).
    What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or something of that sort).
    What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lindy

Plant to Identify

you still not got that AVATAR, then, S?? You'll get there in the end too, maybe! :D
    you still not got that AVATAR, then, S?? You'll get there in the end too, maybe! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paladin

What's this?

Going by what I found 'Silver Dust' grows to 8m (25ft or thereby) which looks about right given the car in the foreground of Paladin's pic so I would def. go with that unless anyone knows...
    Going by what I found 'Silver Dust' grows to 8m (25ft or thereby) which looks about right given the car in the foreground of Paladin's pic so I would def. go with that unless anyone knows different.Some more cobbled info on Chamaecyparis 'Ellwoods White'. It's is a sport of Chamaecyparis...
    Going by what I found 'Silver Dust' grows to 8m (25ft or thereby) which looks about right given the car in the foreground of Paladin's pic so I would def. go with that unless anyone knows different.Some more cobbled info on Chamaecyparis...
    Going by what I found 'Silver Dust' grows to 8m (25ft or thereby) which looks about right given the car in the foreground of Paladin's pic so I would def. go with that unless anyone knows...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Anthony1974

Tree (i think) identification

pecans seem to have a faintly toothed edge and aren't so...
    pecans seem to have a faintly toothed edge and aren't so glossy. http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/Wingnut_2002-05-29_336.jpg&imgrefurl=http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/4462/&h=819&w=614&sz=160&tbnid=D1 ...
    pecans seem to have a faintly toothed edge and aren't so glossy. http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/Wingnut_2002-05-29_336.jpg&imgrefurl=http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/4462/&h=819&w=614&sz=160&tbnid=D1 ...
    pecans seem to have a faintly toothed edge and aren't so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lazy-gardener

help with identifying plants

You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden...
    You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden at weekends throughout the spring by appointment. If you are ever in the area, look me...
    You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden at weekends throughout the spring by appointment....
    You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pete

Tree ID

Thanks dendy, thats great :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. samsoph

help with flower, and bonsai? id please?

Hi Rossco, yes me again, i am sooo not greenfingered, ;) i start to dread the idea of cutting bits off my plants incase i kill them, it is actually in a normal flower pot, if i did cut the...
    Hi Rossco, yes me again, i am sooo not greenfingered, ;) i start to dread the idea of cutting bits off my plants incase i kill them, it is actually in a normal flower pot, if i did cut the roots back do you think i may be able to get it into one of those lovely shallow bonsai dishes, or might...
    Hi Rossco, yes me again, i am sooo not greenfingered, ;) i start to dread the idea of cutting bits off my plants incase i kill them, it is actually in a normal flower pot, if i did cut the roots back do you think i may be able to get it into...
    Hi Rossco, yes me again, i am sooo not greenfingered, ;) i start to dread the idea of cutting bits off my plants incase i kill them, it is actually in a normal flower pot, if i did cut the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paladin

I D please.

It was that or a multi barrelled pea shooter :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. lazy-gardener

help with identifying weeds-

for exactly that reason, when sowing seeds direct, I do it in drills, so anything out of the line is a weed!! (even if it isn't!) I have a couple of books with pics of the weeds as seedlings -...
    for exactly that reason, when sowing seeds direct, I do it in drills, so anything out of the line is a weed!! (even if it isn't!) I have a couple of books with pics of the weeds as seedlings - but a lot of them are awfully like plants you actually want!! You soon get to know your own ones,...
    for exactly that reason, when sowing seeds direct, I do it in drills, so anything out of the line is a weed!! (even if it isn't!) I have a couple of books with pics of the weeds as seedlings - but a lot of them are awfully like plants you...
    for exactly that reason, when sowing seeds direct, I do it in drills, so anything out of the line is a weed!! (even if it isn't!) I have a couple of books with pics of the weeds as seedlings -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SarahInTheGarden

Plants that I can't identify

After a quick image search on google I certainly hope that A is Hemerocallis, what beautiful flowers - can't wait till it starts to flower!I never realsied how much fun gardening could be - I...
    After a quick image search on google I certainly hope that A is Hemerocallis, what beautiful flowers - can't wait till it starts to flower!I never realsied how much fun gardening could be - I have found myself waking early hours every morning to go and see what is happening - new leaves, buds...
    After a quick image search on google I certainly hope that A is Hemerocallis, what beautiful flowers - can't wait till it starts to flower!I never realsied how much fun gardening could be - I have found myself waking early hours every morning...
    After a quick image search on google I certainly hope that A is Hemerocallis, what beautiful flowers - can't wait till it starts to flower!I never realsied how much fun gardening could be - I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SarahInTheGarden

Plants I cant identify 2

I'm not a fan of genetic modification, but if we could get berries to really glow like that we'd save a fortune on lighting!! ;)
    I'm not a fan of genetic modification, but if we could get berries to really glow like that we'd save a fortune on lighting!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Tracey B

Plant (or are they weeds!) identification help

IMO - for what it's worth ... 1)like TLG - could be an Amarylis 2) def heuchera 3) daf skimmia 4) foxglove 5) - dicentra specatlilis alba is rather like that - but not sure... 6)def bergenia, prob...
    IMO - for what it's worth ... 1)like TLG - could be an Amarylis 2) def heuchera 3) daf skimmia 4) foxglove 5) - dicentra specatlilis alba is rather like that - but not sure... 6)def bergenia, prob cordifolia 7) forget-me-not Any advances on that???? ;)
    IMO - for what it's worth ... 1)like TLG - could be an Amarylis 2) def heuchera 3) daf skimmia 4) foxglove 5) - dicentra specatlilis alba is rather like that - but not sure... 6)def bergenia, prob cordifolia 7) forget-me-not Any advances on...
    IMO - for what it's worth ... 1)like TLG - could be an Amarylis 2) def heuchera 3) daf skimmia 4) foxglove 5) - dicentra specatlilis alba is rather like that - but not sure... 6)def bergenia, prob...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Stingo

Can anyone identify this plant/weed

Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage...
    Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage family. http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/green-alkanet.htmNot a true native - introduced by monks in the Middle...
    Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage family. http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/green-alkanet.htmNot...
    Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. frogesque

Bulb ID help

Thanks for that, although moved while in flower the Erythronium were planted straight away with no delay so I'm hoping they will be ok even if they don't flower next year.Thanks also for the...
    Thanks for that, although moved while in flower the Erythronium were planted straight away with no delay so I'm hoping they will be ok even if they don't flower next year.Thanks also for the info on Chionodoxa lucillae, been looking at it in my RHS book but not a good enough pic to be sure...
    Thanks for that, although moved while in flower the Erythronium were planted straight away with no delay so I'm hoping they will be ok even if they don't flower next year.Thanks also for the info on Chionodoxa lucillae, been looking at it in my...
    Thanks for that, although moved while in flower the Erythronium were planted straight away with no delay so I'm hoping they will be ok even if they don't flower next year.Thanks also for the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice