1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. catztail

Solved (Malopa trifida)

I'd like to join the Silver Surfer fan club! You are brilliant at knowing what's what and I'll know doubt be enquiring in the future.
    I'd like to join the Silver Surfer fan club! You are brilliant at knowing what's what and I'll know doubt be enquiring in the future.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. davetherave

Help with identifying plant

I agree Pete, I noticed the leaf shape of Laburnum is very similar to that of the Cytisus broom... (Cytisus is now called Genista apparenty?)
    I agree Pete, I noticed the leaf shape of Laburnum is very similar to that of the Cytisus broom... (Cytisus is now called Genista apparenty?)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. accidentalgardener

Boston Ivy?

Hellebores didn't take long to discuss Pro Gard thank you.As soon as Boss lady realised her beloved Christmas rose is a hellebore, she wants me to empty the bank account, cash in the pension and...
    Hellebores didn't take long to discuss Pro Gard thank you.As soon as Boss lady realised her beloved Christmas rose is a hellebore, she wants me to empty the bank account, cash in the pension and mortgage the house. Hellebores are definitely a yes-yes.
    Hellebores didn't take long to discuss Pro Gard thank you.As soon as Boss lady realised her beloved Christmas rose is a hellebore, she wants me to empty the bank account, cash in the pension and mortgage the house. Hellebores are definitely a...
    Hellebores didn't take long to discuss Pro Gard thank you.As soon as Boss lady realised her beloved Christmas rose is a hellebore, she wants me to empty the bank account, cash in the pension and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Freddy

Ident his please

This still makes me chuckle:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jack Sparrow

Crocosmia?

I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you...
    I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you wanted to grow a showy penstemon of similar colour to Lucifer then something like King George. This...
    I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you wanted to grow a showy penstemon of similar colour to...
    I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you...
    image.jpeg 024.JPG image.jpeg image.jpeg GladBy280.jpg penstemon-king-george.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Andy567

Solved Anyone know this weed?

Awesome thanks everybody :) Yes i had borage a year or two ago I recall. It could well be that because the leaves are kinda furry which i recall borage was.
    Awesome thanks everybody :) Yes i had borage a year or two ago I recall. It could well be that because the leaves are kinda furry which i recall borage was.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jazzy

Identification please? Blackcurrant Bush??

Thank you so much for your answers:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Triffid

Flat leaf thingy

well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis...
    well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis Chalcedonica Pyrethrum Robinson Mixed Verbascum Phoeniceum The mix will vary from time to time depending on...
    well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis Chalcedonica Pyrethrum Robinson Mixed Verbascum Phoeniceum The...
    well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Amanensia

Tree identification

This might help - it runs out of pictures rather early in the ID process, and reverts to technical-ish words, but reversing and trying some alternate routes might work.They have got some "If you...
    This might help - it runs out of pictures rather early in the ID process, and reverts to technical-ish words, but reversing and trying some alternate routes might work.They have got some "If you got here and its not quite like this it might be XXX" links, but I could do with a bit more of that...
    This might help - it runs out of pictures rather early in the ID process, and reverts to technical-ish words, but reversing and trying some alternate routes might work.They have got some "If you got here and its not quite like this it might be...
    This might help - it runs out of pictures rather early in the ID process, and reverts to technical-ish words, but reversing and trying some alternate routes might work.They have got some "If you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Elliegreenwelly

Help unidentified weed!

Just wanted to revise this thread to say they ARE invasive, they are popping up bleeding everywhere! barely saw any last year - weird, though we only bought the house in June so previous owners...
    Just wanted to revise this thread to say they ARE invasive, they are popping up bleeding everywhere! barely saw any last year - weird, though we only bought the house in June so previous owners probably removed the leaves but not the bulbs. Oh and trunky, thanks so much for your advice, a spades...
    Just wanted to revise this thread to say they ARE invasive, they are popping up bleeding everywhere! barely saw any last year - weird, though we only bought the house in June so previous owners probably removed the leaves but not the bulbs. Oh...
    Just wanted to revise this thread to say they ARE invasive, they are popping up bleeding everywhere! barely saw any last year - weird, though we only bought the house in June so previous owners...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mr Dean

Are these slug eggs?

I had an opened bag of JI compost lying around and when i emptied it out there were loads of snail eggs....i did think back to a previous thread about farming them and thought....shall i....but...
    I had an opened bag of JI compost lying around and when i emptied it out there were loads of snail eggs....i did think back to a previous thread about farming them and thought....shall i....but chickened out:chicken:
    I had an opened bag of JI compost lying around and when i emptied it out there were loads of snail eggs....i did think back to a previous thread about farming them and thought....shall i....but chickened out:chicken:
    I had an opened bag of JI compost lying around and when i emptied it out there were loads of snail eggs....i did think back to a previous thread about farming them and thought....shall i....but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Paladin

What's this please.

YES ME TOO I'LL SECOND THAT :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bashy

Help on ID'ing and eradicating these lawn weeds (photo's)

I dont favour digging out, it takes forever and you rarely get the entire root up. Id sudgest spot spraying with verdone extra.Only exception is the coutch and meadow grass, dig these up and seed.
    I dont favour digging out, it takes forever and you rarely get the entire root up. Id sudgest spot spraying with verdone extra.Only exception is the coutch and meadow grass, dig these up and seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gail_68

Solved ID please - Weed OXALIS

I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our...
    I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our drive...I agree with you it's a total nightmare :)
    I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our drive...I agree with you it's a total nightmare :)
    I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dips

Is this Clematis Dr Ruppel?

I always feed and it had a top up of compost earlier in the year when it started to produce leaves :-)Just noticed the wilkos trellis is now £10 when i bought them they were £3 and that wasnt in...
    I always feed and it had a top up of compost earlier in the year when it started to produce leaves :-)Just noticed the wilkos trellis is now £10 when i bought them they were £3 and that wasnt in the sale it was the standard price
    I always feed and it had a top up of compost earlier in the year when it started to produce leaves :-)Just noticed the wilkos trellis is now £10 when i bought them they were £3 and that wasnt in the sale it was the standard price
    I always feed and it had a top up of compost earlier in the year when it started to produce leaves :-)Just noticed the wilkos trellis is now £10 when i bought them they were £3 and that wasnt in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Not Bougainvillea...

Not a plant I know much about strongy. But its survived the last two winters with a bit of protection.Never grown Puyas, but I think the flowers are probably a lot more interesting.
    Not a plant I know much about strongy. But its survived the last two winters with a bit of protection.Never grown Puyas, but I think the flowers are probably a lot more interesting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. joolz68

Which salvia? plus another to I.D. please

joolz68 - I've just put some pics of mine up here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

I don't think it's the same, as yours has red stems ours in the picture don't have
    I don't think it's the same, as yours has red stems ours in the picture don't have
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. amanita

ID please

It is hard to tell the difference between Burwoodii and delavayi until you get a close look at the leaves.:dunno: :snork:
    It is hard to tell the difference between Burwoodii and delavayi until you get a close look at the leaves.:dunno: :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Vibrant

Shrub identification.

Hi all, Thanks for the suggestions everyone and thankyou kalmia, for getting my pics to display properly. Sorry I've been slow to respond, too much work this week, I fell asleep last night. :)...
    Hi all, Thanks for the suggestions everyone and thankyou kalmia, for getting my pics to display properly. Sorry I've been slow to respond, too much work this week, I fell asleep last night. :)The photinia looks a distinct possibility, although the red leaves are less pronounced than most of...
    Hi all, Thanks for the suggestions everyone and thankyou kalmia, for getting my pics to display properly. Sorry I've been slow to respond, too much work this week, I fell asleep last night. :)The photinia looks a distinct possibility, although...
    Hi all, Thanks for the suggestions everyone and thankyou kalmia, for getting my pics to display properly. Sorry I've been slow to respond, too much work this week, I fell asleep last night. :)...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice