1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. c3k

Solved These are meant to be arabis

So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on...
    So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on longer stems rather than floating on top of the foliage like my last arabis. If they survive the winter...
    So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on longer stems rather than floating on top of the...
    So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. roders
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. CarolineL

Solved Aeoniums?? But which?

It is the same plant, its just branched off and dropped down, but both on the same root. I'm not referring to the green ones or the black ones just the variegated one.
    It is the same plant, its just branched off and dropped down, but both on the same root. I'm not referring to the green ones or the black ones just the variegated one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fof

Solved Fungus ID?

John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on,...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on, even to species level, or so far off the mark, as to be silly. Generally, I never even bother with...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on, even to species level, or so far off the mark, as...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shaneoak

What are these …

Thanks I’ll have a look
    Thanks I’ll have a look
    Thanks I’ll have a look
    Thanks I’ll have a look
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Selleri

Not a Rose

How about Alder. Seeds are tiny, or birch, that gets everywhere.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nigel62

ID please

It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum...
    It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum Japanese Privet Hedging Shrubs
    It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum Japanese Privet Hedging Shrubs
    It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. 43576

Solved What is this?

Geranium carolinianum
    Geranium carolinianum
    Geranium carolinianum
    Geranium carolinianum
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Scudo

Solved Help Identify fruit

Believe that they should be left on the tree until they fall, certainly till after first significant frost. Problem in the old orchard is badgers get to them on the ground first!
    Believe that they should be left on the tree until they fall, certainly till after first significant frost. Problem in the old orchard is badgers get to them on the ground first!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Will Hay

Help with these plants!?

Re Persicaria affinis - It isn't invasive in my garden, it just stays where I planted it, forming a little mat. However, I suppose in some situations it may become invasive.
    Re Persicaria affinis - It isn't invasive in my garden, it just stays where I planted it, forming a little mat. However, I suppose in some situations it may become invasive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. groundbeetle

Identify this Fern?

Pot it up on its own and see what develops- bit of fun whatever it is :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

Possible fruit shrub?

Ah, so it is not something I should be preserving then. That makes life easier actually as I can get rid of it, and go to town with the brush cutter
    Ah, so it is not something I should be preserving then. That makes life easier actually as I can get rid of it, and go to town with the brush cutter
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Solved Volunteer tree ID please

But the squirrel would get (all) your nuts !
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lisamyoung06

Can anyone help with my tree issue?

Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is now throwing out sideshoots in a desperate bid to remain alive! Theoretically, you could simply saw...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is now throwing out sideshoots in a desperate bid to...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Zeppa

Solved Plant ID - blue and white flower

Nicandra physalodes (shoo-fly plant) pics
    IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3981.jpg NICANDRA PHYSALODES  SHOO  FLY 22-07-2021 15-14-31.JPG NICANDRA   PHYSALODES 27-Aug-17 3-24-41 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-59-55 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-54-18 PM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shaneoak

What are these?

hi guys. i will re do the thread with closer zoom on phone and separate the posts. cheers.
    hi guys. i will re do the thread with closer zoom on phone and separate the posts. cheers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. James Sheffield

Possible Fern?

In my garden it grows in damp shady places and also out of the concrete in walls and between stones.
    In my garden it grows in damp shady places and also out of the concrete in walls and between stones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ChrisM6

Fern ID please

It might be some sort of athyrium.....or polystichum....or the other one I can't remember. No, maybe is a lady fern...or not
    It might be some sort of athyrium.....or polystichum....or the other one I can't remember. No, maybe is a lady fern...or not
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ChrisM6

Plant ID, please. Bluebell leaves?

Thank you Pete.
    Thank you Pete.
    Thank you Pete.
    Thank you Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Palustris

Any ideas as to this ladybirdlike beetle?

Its different to the shield bugs we get around here.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice