Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Palustris

Solved Wild plant id

Thanks Noisette. I knew I should have recognised it. Old persons moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. pete
    Funny x 4

Who wants a challenge.

Well I'm going to look through the list again, but it's a long process. How about Coronilla vallentina var ..Ventnor.:biggrin:
    Well I'm going to look through the list again, but it's a long process. How about Coronilla vallentina var ..Ventnor.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kegster

Plant ID please?

Down here it was Tuesday evening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. clanless

Solved What is this?

Probably would help Phil, but then I'm a great fan of weedkillers. Glyphosate if I want rid of permanently or pelargonic acid if I just want the area to look tidy quickly.I won't be throwing a...
    Probably would help Phil, but then I'm a great fan of weedkillers. Glyphosate if I want rid of permanently or pelargonic acid if I just want the area to look tidy quickly.I won't be throwing a load of petrol on anything to get rid of it...:biggrin:.
    Probably would help Phil, but then I'm a great fan of weedkillers. Glyphosate if I want rid of permanently or pelargonic acid if I just want the area to look tidy quickly.I won't be throwing a load of petrol on anything to get rid of it...:biggrin:.
    Probably would help Phil, but then I'm a great fan of weedkillers. Glyphosate if I want rid of permanently or pelargonic acid if I just want the area to look tidy quickly.I won't be throwing a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CanadianLori

Friend or Foe?

Sounds more like a Shiney-type description..lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jowo

Solved ID required please

Thank you all so much! I look forward to the hellebore flowering. Always good to get a nice surprise in a new garden! Now I know what the Acanthus is, I've read it's quite invasive so I'll maybe...
    Thank you all so much! I look forward to the hellebore flowering. Always good to get a nice surprise in a new garden! Now I know what the Acanthus is, I've read it's quite invasive so I'll maybe steer clear and admire from a distance
    Thank you all so much! I look forward to the hellebore flowering. Always good to get a nice surprise in a new garden! Now I know what the Acanthus is, I've read it's quite invasive so I'll maybe steer clear and admire from a distance
    Thank you all so much! I look forward to the hellebore flowering. Always good to get a nice surprise in a new garden! Now I know what the Acanthus is, I've read it's quite invasive so I'll maybe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mike Weaver

Seedling identification - possibly piptanthus

I found another of these seedlings yesterday in a nursery bed where last year I'd put a tray of Hardy Plant Society seed mix. Aha I thought, what about alstromeria - there's always alstromeria...
    I found another of these seedlings yesterday in a nursery bed where last year I'd put a tray of Hardy Plant Society seed mix. Aha I thought, what about alstromeria - there's always alstromeria seeds in the HPS mix. But no, a look on the web put paid to that.
    I found another of these seedlings yesterday in a nursery bed where last year I'd put a tray of Hardy Plant Society seed mix. Aha I thought, what about alstromeria - there's always alstromeria seeds in the HPS mix. But no, a look on the web put...
    I found another of these seedlings yesterday in a nursery bed where last year I'd put a tray of Hardy Plant Society seed mix. Aha I thought, what about alstromeria - there's always alstromeria...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kegster
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stuart Fawcett

Solved What type of bug is this Brown Shield like thing, It likes Raspberry's and runner beans

Thanks Guys, That list Nigel is amazing. Thanks for the advice. And to watch out in case they nip you.
    Thanks Guys, That list Nigel is amazing. Thanks for the advice. And to watch out in case they nip you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Snorky85

Solved Hedge Identification

If you go walking footpaths on Rothschilds' lands, look out for Cherry/Mirabelle Plums in the hedgerows. They were historically grown in their hedges, and included in many native mixes used in...
    If you go walking footpaths on Rothschilds' lands, look out for Cherry/Mirabelle Plums in the hedgerows. They were historically grown in their hedges, and included in many native mixes used in their hedgerows planted about 25 years ago, providing good foraging (if they don't cut them every year).
    If you go walking footpaths on Rothschilds' lands, look out for Cherry/Mirabelle Plums in the hedgerows. They were historically grown in their hedges, and included in many native mixes used in their hedgerows planted about 25 years ago,...
    If you go walking footpaths on Rothschilds' lands, look out for Cherry/Mirabelle Plums in the hedgerows. They were historically grown in their hedges, and included in many native mixes used in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

Good morning @noisette47 my dear friend and thank you for your ID it is very much appreciated If I could have put more than one rating I would have chosen Friendly/Like and funny enjoy your day...
    Good morning @noisette47 my dear friend and thank you for your ID it is very much appreciated If I could have put more than one rating I would have chosen Friendly/Like and funny enjoy your day and stay safe
    Good morning @noisette47 my dear friend and thank you for your ID it is very much appreciated If I could have put more than one rating I would have chosen Friendly/Like and funny enjoy your day and stay safe
    Good morning @noisette47 my dear friend and thank you for your ID it is very much appreciated If I could have put more than one rating I would have chosen Friendly/Like and funny enjoy your day...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. beanybob

Solved Are these weeds?

Yes, looks like the pink form of Hyacinthoides hispanica to me.Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Janet mahay

Solved Japanese maple?black tips

Hi noisette a good tip i try that i also looked on web and it said Using matches as fertilizer . When you water your potted plants regularly, the moisture in the soil will dissolve the match heads...
    Hi noisette a good tip i try that i also looked on web and it said Using matches as fertilizer . When you water your potted plants regularly, the moisture in the soil will dissolve the match heads over time, gradually releasing sulfur, phosphorous, and magnesium to nourish your plants. Thanks
    Hi noisette a good tip i try that i also looked on web and it said Using matches as fertilizer . When you water your potted plants regularly, the moisture in the soil will dissolve the match heads over time, gradually releasing sulfur,...
    Hi noisette a good tip i try that i also looked on web and it said Using matches as fertilizer . When you water your potted plants regularly, the moisture in the soil will dissolve the match heads...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. glengarry23

Solved Script Identification.

@Clare G ,..'tulip-aware',..:),..i like that remark,..thank you again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jasmine star

Solved ID please.

Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank...
    Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank you everyone for your help :dbgrtmb:
    Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank you everyone for your help :dbgrtmb:
    Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Palustris

Solved Any Geranium experts?

Bill Wallis? Used to be one of the best blues available :) Been a bit overshadowed recently by the likes of Rozanne...
    Bill Wallis? Used to be one of the best blues available :) Been a bit overshadowed recently by the likes of Rozanne...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Liam G

Solved Help identifying weeds (possible Jap knotweed)

It looks really similar.
    It looks really similar.
    It looks really similar.
    It looks really similar.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Andy Manley

Solved What is this seedling?

this will be interesting it's identical to my seedlings of what I thought was erynigum or a cyclamen I too have them coming up in a pot which usually has contained daffs ????????????
    this will be interesting it's identical to my seedlings of what I thought was erynigum or a cyclamen I too have them coming up in a pot which usually has contained daffs ????????????
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ricky187

Solved Help identifying flies in garden

Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out...
    Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out there in the summer and hopefully that'll help control the population, as I don't fancy getting the...
    Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out there in the summer and hopefully that'll help...
    Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Haveabossday

Solved Weed help

Thank you. Need to dig it all up and turf it again. That willowherb pops up everywhere
    Thank you. Need to dig it all up and turf it again. That willowherb pops up everywhere
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice