1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. David E Peacock

Leaf curl to top leaves of some of my Chrysanthemum plants!

My apologies pete!It is caterpillars! Thank ou for your comment . .
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Stingo

Can anyone identify this plant/weed

Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage...
    Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage family. http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/green-alkanet.htmNot a true native - introduced by monks in the Middle...
    Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage family. http://www.english-country-garden.com/flowers/green-alkanet.htmNot...
    Hi there Stingo, my first post. Just wanted to let you know that the plant in your photo appears to be Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens), a member of the Borage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lazy-gardener

help with identifying plants

You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden...
    You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden at weekends throughout the spring by appointment. If you are ever in the area, look me...
    You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden at weekends throughout the spring by appointment....
    You're welcome. There is a national collection, although I don't know how up to date it is.I have beds containing several plants of every known (and some unknown!) species and I open my garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Dave_In_His_Garden

ID Please - green bush, small white flowers

Dave, the flowers on Exochorda are only small. I`m going to a garden tomorrow where there are 2 and will try and take a photo for comparison.:thumb:
    Dave, the flowers on Exochorda are only small. I`m going to a garden tomorrow where there are 2 and will try and take a photo for comparison.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Martin Holst

Corfu wildflowers to id. Help please?

Number 1 could be Smilax aspera, it's a very common climber on the Greek islands.
    Number 1 could be Smilax aspera, it's a very common climber on the Greek islands.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. cable_guy

Help identifying weed and advice on killing please

It was the original "tree" before our flowering trees evolved. The coal measures are made out of it.
    It was the original "tree" before our flowering trees evolved. The coal measures are made out of it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Saliha

Solved What´s this plant?

Yep, that was quite complicated one. Let´s see what I´ll find next. :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Krista

What`s this weed?!

FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you?...
    FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you? It`s the Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata).90% certain. You`ll have to Google it for pics because I...
    FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you? It`s the Chameleon Plant (Houttuynia cordata).90%...
    FINALLY!! :yahoo:,after about 18months! I happened across it at `The Tortoise Table`.You always find stuff when you`re not looking for it,sometimes when ur looking for something else -well don`t you?...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jack McHammocklashing

Planted sweetpeas got these ?

Not as much as a Rood to Nowhere, more like a Highway to Heaven.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. joolz68

I.D needed please

Yew have got to be joking! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Rj Brambling

Is it a rowan tree?

May I suggest you add a pic to show a leaf... and show us. The common Rowan is Sorbus aucuparia, but nowadays there are many new wonderful named cultivars. eg Sorbus Chinese lace. The leaves on...
    May I suggest you add a pic to show a leaf... and show us. The common Rowan is Sorbus aucuparia, but nowadays there are many new wonderful named cultivars. eg Sorbus Chinese lace. The leaves on this are markedly different from the ordinary Rowan.( many others are also very different) Maybe you...
    May I suggest you add a pic to show a leaf... and show us. The common Rowan is Sorbus aucuparia, but nowadays there are many new wonderful named cultivars. eg Sorbus Chinese lace. The leaves on this are markedly different from the ordinary...
    May I suggest you add a pic to show a leaf... and show us. The common Rowan is Sorbus aucuparia, but nowadays there are many new wonderful named cultivars. eg Sorbus Chinese lace. The leaves on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Algoz66

What is this tree/bush?

It's variegated though?
    It's variegated though?
    It's variegated though?
    It's variegated though?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. gavintarrant

Plant Quiz - part 3

Definitely salicifolia.:gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. elainefiz

plant that looks like nettle

Thanks elainefiz ;)Mine is a bit squashed also but hey the cats love it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. dleemon

Can anyone identify this 'scrambler' for me?

i used to live 10 miles from there
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sharonr

Please could someone tell me the name of this plant pls

Genista lydia Lydian broom© RHS 200232 suppliers Join the RHStodayand get 12 months for the price of 9Join nowOther common namesLydian broomFamilyPapilionaceaeGenusGenista are...
    Genista lydia Lydian broom© RHS 200232 suppliers Join the RHStodayand get 12 months for the price of 9Join nowOther common namesLydian broomFamilyPapilionaceaeGenusGenista are deciduous, sometimes spiny, shrubs or small trees with small, simple or trifoliate leaves and solitary,...
    Genista lydia Lydian broom© RHS 200232 suppliers Join the RHStodayand get 12 months for the price of 9Join nowOther common namesLydian broomFamilyPapilionaceaeGenusGenista are deciduous, sometimes spiny, shrubs or small trees...
    Genista lydia Lydian broom© RHS 200232 suppliers Join the RHStodayand get 12 months for the price of 9Join nowOther common namesLydian broomFamilyPapilionaceaeGenusGenista are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. foldorcrumple

Is this a variety of Cotoneaster? Pruning question...

Ooooh! Daisy. You know what, I spend an eternity trying to grow shrubs like yours, it looks gorgeous! Oh woods woman, please spare that tree....:hehe::lollol:
    Ooooh! Daisy. You know what, I spend an eternity trying to grow shrubs like yours, it looks gorgeous! Oh woods woman, please spare that tree....:hehe::lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. cucumber

Please id rampant climber

Thanks, noisette, that's great to hear.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. robsamui

Delicate tropical 'clinger' - what is it!

I should have got Macfadyena, I've got it climbing up the back of my house. Didn't notice the claws until I just looked at the video.
    I should have got Macfadyena, I've got it climbing up the back of my house. Didn't notice the claws until I just looked at the video.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Gareth Hughes

Is this leaf spot on my Pieris?

Sorry for the late posting. This is the white mildew like staining on my pieris. I've cut all the dark spotted leaves off.
    Sorry for the late posting. This is the white mildew like staining on my pieris. I've cut all the dark spotted leaves off.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice