1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Fat Controller

Solved Volunteer tree ID please

But the squirrel would get (all) your nuts !
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lisamyoung06

Can anyone help with my tree issue?

Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is now throwing out sideshoots in a desperate bid to remain alive! Theoretically, you could simply saw...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is now throwing out sideshoots in a desperate bid to...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zeppa

Solved Plant ID - blue and white flower

Nicandra physalodes (shoo-fly plant) pics
    IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3981.jpg NICANDRA PHYSALODES  SHOO  FLY 22-07-2021 15-14-31.JPG NICANDRA   PHYSALODES 27-Aug-17 3-24-41 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-59-55 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-54-18 PM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Shaneoak

What are these?

hi guys. i will re do the thread with closer zoom on phone and separate the posts. cheers.
    hi guys. i will re do the thread with closer zoom on phone and separate the posts. cheers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. James Sheffield

Possible Fern?

In my garden it grows in damp shady places and also out of the concrete in walls and between stones.
    In my garden it grows in damp shady places and also out of the concrete in walls and between stones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ChrisM6

Fern ID please

It might be some sort of athyrium.....or polystichum....or the other one I can't remember. No, maybe is a lady fern...or not
    It might be some sort of athyrium.....or polystichum....or the other one I can't remember. No, maybe is a lady fern...or not
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ChrisM6

Plant ID, please. Bluebell leaves?

Thank you Pete.
    Thank you Pete.
    Thank you Pete.
    Thank you Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Palustris

Any ideas as to this ladybirdlike beetle?

Its different to the shield bugs we get around here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bear1

Solved Not sure what this is , prob something obvious lol

I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds...
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds eat whats left after I pick them I have grown a few on , not holding my breath that they will be good lol
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds eat whats left after I pick them I have grown a few...
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. tricky4511

Solved what is this?

That's great thank you for your helpQuick question can i plant a Lonicera Caerulea Morena Honeyberry and have it pollinated.
    That's great thank you for your helpQuick question can i plant a Lonicera Caerulea Morena Honeyberry and have it pollinated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Clueless 1 v2

Morning glory, or bindweed?

I have grown 'Morning Glories' on all the balconies of all the flats we have lived in for more than 40 years! I learnt to garden on a balcony when we lived in Spain. Since being back in the UK,...
    I have grown 'Morning Glories' on all the balconies of all the flats we have lived in for more than 40 years! I learnt to garden on a balcony when we lived in Spain. Since being back in the UK, I've also grown them on the balcony we have in this flat where we have lived for the last 22 years as...
    I have grown 'Morning Glories' on all the balconies of all the flats we have lived in for more than 40 years! I learnt to garden on a balcony when we lived in Spain. Since being back in the UK, I've also grown them on the balcony we have in this...
    I have grown 'Morning Glories' on all the balconies of all the flats we have lived in for more than 40 years! I learnt to garden on a balcony when we lived in Spain. Since being back in the UK,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Michael Hewett

Solved What is this called ...

.....and Dyers !!!:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Solved A couple of ID's please

Very pretty indeed - my mum obtained both plants together for a couple of quid, so they are a real bargain!
    Very pretty indeed - my mum obtained both plants together for a couple of quid, so they are a real bargain!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Clare G

What's damaging these fig leaves, please?

Thank you @noisette47 :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Billi

Can anyone tell me what this is please?

Thanks, I think you may have got it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. NigelJ

Anybody able to identify this.

Thank you gentlemen I think you've hit the nail on the head.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. urbash55

Wildflower seeds have grown, but what are they...

Thanks. I’ve just googled blue chicory and phacelia and they look right. Not sure about the hedge mustard though. It doesn’t look the same in the Google images.
    Thanks. I’ve just googled blue chicory and phacelia and they look right. Not sure about the hedge mustard though. It doesn’t look the same in the Google images.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Howard Stone

Solved Variegated small tree thriving in London

Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they...
    Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they are not the same plant otherwise a nursery wouldn't stock it separately.
    Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they are not the same plant otherwise a nursery wouldn't...
    Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sheal

Solved An American id please

Thank you @wiseowl and :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Drahcir

Solved Weeed!

I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny...
    I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny side of my onions.If I leave it, it seems I will struggle to pull it up! Still, I've got a chainsaw...
    I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny side of my onions.If I leave it, it seems I will...
    I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice