Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. joolz68

I.D on a few please

Thank you,i will have to wait until next yr to see it :) will it be ok to cut it right back?
    Thank you,i will have to wait until next yr to see it :) will it be ok to cut it right back?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scudo

Whats attacking the leaves

Could be Weevils @Scudo ..they're a damn nuisance ...and if they've laid thier eggs in the soil their larvae will munch away on the roots.I lost all my Strawberry plants this year to those critters.:gaah:
    Could be Weevils @Scudo ..they're a damn nuisance ...and if they've laid thier eggs in the soil their larvae will munch away on the roots.I lost all my Strawberry plants this year to those critters.:gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lone Northern Lass

Weed or not a weed? And what is it?

Chamerion angustifolium...common name Rosebay willowherb.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lone Northern Lass

What is this shrub? Thanks :-)

Escallonia sp.
    Escallonia sp.
    Escallonia sp.
    Escallonia sp.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

Can anyone please these identify these Plants?

Sorry Kevin :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BarowBoy

Pink spikey plant.

Enlarge BarowBoys pic.Phytolaca sp......Common name Poke weed.Phytolacca - Google Search
    Enlarge BarowBoys pic.Phytolaca sp......Common name Poke weed.Phytolacca - Google Search
    20200607_120517.jpg 20200607_120517.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. LizPond

What shrub is this?

All credit to Caroline ;-) :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. tangham

ID please.

Looks like a form of Papaver somniferum (opium poppy)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bradshaw_John

New plant offer

I like it. OK it self seeds and if left can become a bit of a pain. So dead head it as you do other plants, so preventing the seeds from doing their thing.
    I like it. OK it self seeds and if left can become a bit of a pain. So dead head it as you do other plants, so preventing the seeds from doing their thing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bradshaw_John

Flower or weed?

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ed S

Mislabelled - d'oh

@Ed S My Zinnias look like Petes photo as well, a lovely group of bedding plants. We have all mislabeled seed trays, it can cause some confusion. :scratch:
    @Ed S My Zinnias look like Petes photo as well, a lovely group of bedding plants. We have all mislabeled seed trays, it can cause some confusion. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

Tree identification

Sorry, I didn't get outside today to take a photo of the other one - will try tomorrow. It is definitely not sycamore though. I just need to know what to do with two walnut saplings now.... :biggrin:
    Sorry, I didn't get outside today to take a photo of the other one - will try tomorrow. It is definitely not sycamore though. I just need to know what to do with two walnut saplings now.... :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GardeningFin

Plant/weed? identification

Thanks everyone - I'll get pulling
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Steveb21

Identification please

I like the scent. It's easy to grow from cuttings, just make a slit in the ground with your spade and stand the cuttings in and close slit.
    I like the scent. It's easy to grow from cuttings, just make a slit in the ground with your spade and stand the cuttings in and close slit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. geoffd

Prolific 'weed' in veg bed

What a brilliant suggestion! I did grow a Cape Gooseberry for the first (and only) time 2 years ago in the polytunnel and it went huge so I did take it out. I don't remember but I must have put it...
    What a brilliant suggestion! I did grow a Cape Gooseberry for the first (and only) time 2 years ago in the polytunnel and it went huge so I did take it out. I don't remember but I must have put it in the compost heap and, again don't remember but, must have used some of the compost on that bed....
    What a brilliant suggestion! I did grow a Cape Gooseberry for the first (and only) time 2 years ago in the polytunnel and it went huge so I did take it out. I don't remember but I must have put it in the compost heap and, again don't remember...
    What a brilliant suggestion! I did grow a Cape Gooseberry for the first (and only) time 2 years ago in the polytunnel and it went huge so I did take it out. I don't remember but I must have put it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Max6389

Plant ID

Don't think they're blue enough for pageii, maybe topiaria? It looks quite rounded
    Don't think they're blue enough for pageii, maybe topiaria? It looks quite rounded
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Max6389

Tree or bush ID

Flowering Currant (Ribes).
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Greybelle

Cabbage eating Pest

You need netting, pigeons will keep coming back till there is nothing left.Probably too early in the year for Caterpillars.I use butterfly netting which has smaller gaps to keep them out too,...
    You need netting, pigeons will keep coming back till there is nothing left.Probably too early in the year for Caterpillars.I use butterfly netting which has smaller gaps to keep them out too, although they still sometimes find a way in.
    You need netting, pigeons will keep coming back till there is nothing left.Probably too early in the year for Caterpillars.I use butterfly netting which has smaller gaps to keep them out too, although they still sometimes find a way in.
    You need netting, pigeons will keep coming back till there is nothing left.Probably too early in the year for Caterpillars.I use butterfly netting which has smaller gaps to keep them out too,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ed S

Curious-looking specimen

Thanks, team! I'll see whether I can keep them alive long enough!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jimcubs

Orange grass

I think it may be due to me not cutting the grass for a few weeks, as my mower gear change cables snapped but I have been on it today and I think it’s fixed. So if all goes to plan it might get...
    I think it may be due to me not cutting the grass for a few weeks, as my mower gear change cables snapped but I have been on it today and I think it’s fixed. So if all goes to plan it might get cut tomorrow
    I think it may be due to me not cutting the grass for a few weeks, as my mower gear change cables snapped but I have been on it today and I think it’s fixed. So if all goes to plan it might get cut tomorrow
    I think it may be due to me not cutting the grass for a few weeks, as my mower gear change cables snapped but I have been on it today and I think it’s fixed. So if all goes to plan it might get...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice