1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. lowly worm

mystery shrub

I am afraid I have now reached an age when I can do very little gardening so you can imagine how much I appreciate finding these lovely shrubs in my new garden.
    I am afraid I have now reached an age when I can do very little gardening so you can imagine how much I appreciate finding these lovely shrubs in my new garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Palustris

British Umbellifera

Had to go out and have a look at some, Some stems had gone purple, some hadn't. There was also purple leaved Cow Parsley.
    Had to go out and have a look at some, Some stems had gone purple, some hadn't. There was also purple leaved Cow Parsley.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. babafang

A weed or not a weed?

AKA Papaver Somniferum (Opium Poppy):So be careful about making Arum root rolls/bagels topped with poppy seeds.
    AKA Papaver Somniferum (Opium Poppy):So be careful about making Arum root rolls/bagels topped with poppy seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK
    Like x 7

Solved Very old Tree ID please

Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had two very large ones and they was astounding as the park was done in 1920 as you'll see from these...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had two very large ones and they was astounding as the...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. LivingInPuglia

ID : found two of these

:rotfl: No, shes just taken the hard drive out:dh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Eric.

B&Q 6 x Assorted Shrubs

Hi, No 5 is Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Goshiki' (oops Perki beat me to it).No 1 a Photinia maybe.Blackstart
    Hi, No 5 is Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Goshiki' (oops Perki beat me to it).No 1 a Photinia maybe.Blackstart
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Stephen Howe

What the (^%^$%^%$$ is this

Oh b****r - you've guessed it - now I'm going to have to change it again !
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lorna

I'm sure I should know what this is

:lollol::lollol::lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. kyleleonard

Unknown Purple Flowering Plant..

Dai, when do Marigolds normally flower? I grew some from seed in March (I think it was March) and they're about 10"+ tall but no sign of buds or anything..
    Dai, when do Marigolds normally flower? I grew some from seed in March (I think it was March) and they're about 10"+ tall but no sign of buds or anything..
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

Berries - edible?

Yes, not the sloes but the Blackthorn they grow on, nasty things too!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sal73

Strange succulent ID

Sal,Its a variety called "indian clubs" Scroll down here:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kaths101

Can you tell me what this tree is? and is it safe

Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing...
    Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing vibration and smell, so even if I did try and make them jump through hoops, I dont think they would...
    Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing vibration and smell, so even if I did try and make...
    Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. H20

Please Help To Find Name Of Plant.

I'm dying to find out if I've got the right plant :wink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK

Solved Soft Fruit Identification

Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next...
    Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next job will be getting a fruit cage and tying in the new canes.
    Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next job will be getting a fruit cage and tying in the...
    Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Louiseness

Are these sloes?

If the tree has inch long spikes that skewer your hand as you pick them, they're sloes, if not, they're damsons.
    If the tree has inch long spikes that skewer your hand as you pick them, they're sloes, if not, they're damsons.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. geane

Mystery Flower!..

Yeah, but such a nice weed!! :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. "M"

Solved Hmm - triffid or tame?

Careful there, Jenny ... by my reckoning, it will coincide with your next visit ... and we all know how you like to get your nose stuck in to inhale deeply. Just saying!
    Careful there, Jenny ... by my reckoning, it will coincide with your next visit ... and we all know how you like to get your nose stuck in to inhale deeply. Just saying!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snorky85

Is this crocosmia?

Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that...
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that I've seen the roots.
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that I've seen the roots.
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gazania

seed pod ID please.

Well Marley Farley, that puts that one to bed :blue thumb: gazania
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. alan hay

Identification help needed

I know its a very old thread but I noticed the plant was on offer in a newspaper, Thompson & Morgan are selling a patio version of this plant, will definitely be buying one of these, looks such a...
    I know its a very old thread but I noticed the plant was on offer in a newspaper, Thompson & Morgan are selling a patio version of this plant, will definitely be buying one of these, looks such a great looking plant and I have just the pot for it
    I know its a very old thread but I noticed the plant was on offer in a newspaper, Thompson & Morgan are selling a patio version of this plant, will definitely be buying one of these, looks such a great looking plant and I have just the pot for it
    I know its a very old thread but I noticed the plant was on offer in a newspaper, Thompson & Morgan are selling a patio version of this plant, will definitely be buying one of these, looks such a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice