Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. xf8u39

Solved Unknown plant

They can get really 'leggy' too so pinching them out to keep them bushy is always a good move :)
    They can get really 'leggy' too so pinching them out to keep them bushy is always a good move :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Janet mahay

Solved What's this plant called

Thankyou both I have told my friend she glad to know the name she looked on net and found out now how to care for it :thanks:
    Thankyou both I have told my friend she glad to know the name she looked on net and found out now how to care for it :thanks:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Oldman2

Solved Plant ID? short hardwood'sh bush

So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in...
    So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in black fly and look horrid.Whats best to deal with this, Ive used washing up liquid solution before,...
    So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in black fly and look horrid.Whats best to deal with...
    So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Will Hay

Help in identifying this grass/ plant

Libertia grandiflora?
    Libertia grandiflora?
    Libertia grandiflora?
    Libertia grandiflora?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. groundbeetle

Fungi identification?

No problem, I was curious myself as i see these a lot on my allotment. Theyre apparently common in woodchips and compost.
    No problem, I was curious myself as i see these a lot on my allotment. Theyre apparently common in woodchips and compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Clueless 1 v2

What's this? Seen while out on my walk

Oak apples? Caused by the oak gaul wasp I think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mathew Butterfield

Solved Weed ID

Definitely a willowherb, very invasive in the garden. On the other hand it provides a valuable food source for butterflies.
    Definitely a willowherb, very invasive in the garden. On the other hand it provides a valuable food source for butterflies.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. GardenGil

Climber Plant IdentificaTION

Fair enough. I think the former owner had it for cats. Getting rid of it feels tempting
    Fair enough. I think the former owner had it for cats. Getting rid of it feels tempting
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Selleri

Succulent seedling ID please

I'd wait for them to get bigger and then maybe they'd be easier to identify.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. icehockeyuk

Solved Can you identify this small purple shrub?

I think Hebe too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. icehockeyuk

Can you identify these 3 shrubs?

The first one's definitely Cistus..probably Silver Pink or Peggy Sammons.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Simon Peake

Solved Weed.??

Ajuga...also comes in other colours. 1. Ajuga Pink Elf. 2 and 3 Ajuga reptans alba
    Ajuga...also comes in other colours. 1. Ajuga Pink Elf. 2 and 3 Ajuga reptans alba
    565C1DCA-A8C5-4CC2-A01C-D8E69C820CD0.jpeg 9AA601B7-9848-4BD8-8C3C-C4DAE3F7ED93.jpeg C25B8360-FF4B-4AF9-9AC4-DB8CA4C5FA7E.jpeg AJUGA  PINK  ELF 15-04-2007 14-54-25.JPG AJUGA  REPTANS  ALBA 04-05-2007 10-33-25.JPG AJUGA  REPTANS  ALBA 23-04-2007 15-54-29.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CarolineL

Solved Half hardy tree

Oh yes - winteri has excellent flowers by comparison. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. strongylodon

Solved ID

100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X...
    100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X Hidcotense, Hidcote...
    100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X Hidcotense, Hidcote...
    100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Billi

Solved Can I have an ID on this volunteer seedling please

100% Brassica family.Maybe Brassica napas...common name Oil seed rape. pics below
    100% Brassica family.Maybe Brassica napas...common name Oil seed rape. pics below
    20230415_132759.jpg QUERCUS  XXX 03-05-2009 16-54-36.JPG 20230430_153237.jpg 20230430_153241.jpg BRASSICA  NAPUS  OIL  SEED  RAPE 11-04-2012 12-02-02.JPG BRASSICA  NAPUS  OIL  SEED  RAPE 15-04-2014 12-27-48.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Selleri

Please tell me it's Arbutus Unedo.

OK, the new suspect is Crab apple. My lovely neighbours have two in containers (stupid successful container gardening :mad: ) and the plants are gorgeous (stupid well chosen specimens :mad: ) so it's...
    OK, the new suspect is Crab apple. My lovely neighbours have two in containers (stupid successful container gardening :mad: ) and the plants are gorgeous (stupid well chosen specimens :mad: ) so it's possible that the birds may have gifted me an offspring.A bit pointy for a crab apple perhants? :scratch:
    OK, the new suspect is Crab apple. My lovely neighbours have two in containers (stupid successful container gardening :mad: ) and the plants are gorgeous (stupid well chosen specimens :mad: ) so it's possible that the birds may have gifted me an offspring....
    OK, the new suspect is Crab apple. My lovely neighbours have two in containers (stupid successful container gardening :mad: ) and the plants are gorgeous (stupid well chosen specimens :mad: ) so it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lpeek

Norway Maple?

Amazing thank you all! Maybe I’ll try salvage this one some how then.always a Bonus to get a new unexpected Acer.
    Amazing thank you all! Maybe I’ll try salvage this one some how then.always a Bonus to get a new unexpected Acer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Solved Totally forgot what this is ...

Oh, I planted 1 too. It really spreads like mad. Had to pull loads out afterwards. Nit sure, if I should keep it despite lovely flowers.
    Oh, I planted 1 too. It really spreads like mad. Had to pull loads out afterwards. Nit sure, if I should keep it despite lovely flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

Solved Suprise Find.

Checked to your description the leaves are definitely Brunnera. Checked my plant records and I did plant one some years ago. Just refurbished this part of the garden so it seems to have sprung up...
    Checked to your description the leaves are definitely Brunnera. Checked my plant records and I did plant one some years ago. Just refurbished this part of the garden so it seems to have sprung up ! Thansk for your advice on this :dbgrtmb:
    Checked to your description the leaves are definitely Brunnera. Checked my plant records and I did plant one some years ago. Just refurbished this part of the garden so it seems to have sprung up ! Thansk for your advice on this :dbgrtmb:
    Checked to your description the leaves are definitely Brunnera. Checked my plant records and I did plant one some years ago. Just refurbished this part of the garden so it seems to have sprung up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. TheMadHedger

Solved Flower ID please

I haven't tried the seeds, never thought of doing that but I may this year now. Plenty of moisture here too !Thanks @noisette47 there's loads of it around here so I'll collect some seeds.
    I haven't tried the seeds, never thought of doing that but I may this year now. Plenty of moisture here too !Thanks @noisette47 there's loads of it around here so I'll collect some seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice