1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Janet mahay

Solved Violets or violet look alike weeds

Thanks don't mind them in the rockery at the bottom of garden but else where in the garden I will get rid of them and I did have a nest of ants in the grass a while ago I got rid of it with...
    Thanks don't mind them in the rockery at the bottom of garden but else where in the garden I will get rid of them and I did have a nest of ants in the grass a while ago I got rid of it with diluted cider vinegar and coffee they went elsewhere So most likely they bought some seeds
    Thanks don't mind them in the rockery at the bottom of garden but else where in the garden I will get rid of them and I did have a nest of ants in the grass a while ago I got rid of it with diluted cider vinegar and coffee they went elsewhere ...
    Thanks don't mind them in the rockery at the bottom of garden but else where in the garden I will get rid of them and I did have a nest of ants in the grass a while ago I got rid of it with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. shiney

Solved What Is It, Please?

It is hardy in the tropics of Brighton:whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ariadae

Solved Not a sweet chestnut? Id gratefully received

Looks like Portugal laurel.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. shiney

I.D. Please?

Is it a rose?
    Is it a rose?
    Is it a rose?
    Is it a rose?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nigel62

Solved ID please

Thanks. Never heard of it
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. shiney

Rose I.D. For A Friend

No, Mrs Shiney didn't have a sniff either :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. CanadianLori

Oakville looking tree but what is it really please?

I know it does grow here, i was fascinated by the leaf shapes when reading about it years ago, but I don't think it's particularly common. I also think it colours up well in Autumn. If it suckers...
    I know it does grow here, i was fascinated by the leaf shapes when reading about it years ago, but I don't think it's particularly common. I also think it colours up well in Autumn. If it suckers it can try to out compete the Tetrapanax, :biggrin:
    I know it does grow here, i was fascinated by the leaf shapes when reading about it years ago, but I don't think it's particularly common. I also think it colours up well in Autumn. If it suckers it can try to out compete the Tetrapanax, :biggrin:
    I know it does grow here, i was fascinated by the leaf shapes when reading about it years ago, but I don't think it's particularly common. I also think it colours up well in Autumn. If it suckers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Wannabe

Strawberry conundrum?

Thank you everyone!
    Thank you everyone!
    Thank you everyone!
    Thank you everyone!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fof

Solved Orchid ID

I think a visit is called for.:awesome::awesome:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jay9408

Solved Anyone know these flowers?

Ahh damn :sad: ill give them a try anyway, thanks for the info ill keep an eye out for the pods!
    Ahh damn :sad: ill give them a try anyway, thanks for the info ill keep an eye out for the pods!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Liz7

Rhododendron indentification.I bought two rhododendron Yakushimanum Flava last summer when they were

Sorry there are masses of hybrid named Rhododendrons.Rhododendron Yakushimanum Flava....clearly it is wrongly labelled.Quote..."With bright creamy yellow flowers, with a red basal blotch, this...
    Sorry there are masses of hybrid named Rhododendrons.Rhododendron Yakushimanum Flava....clearly it is wrongly labelled.Quote..."With bright creamy yellow flowers, with a red basal blotch, this is a very hardy plant from Hobbie in Germany which flowers in mid May. It has lovely neat glossy...
    Sorry there are masses of hybrid named Rhododendrons.Rhododendron Yakushimanum Flava....clearly it is wrongly labelled.Quote..."With bright creamy yellow flowers, with a red basal blotch, this is a very hardy plant from Hobbie in Germany...
    Sorry there are masses of hybrid named Rhododendrons.Rhododendron Yakushimanum Flava....clearly it is wrongly labelled.Quote..."With bright creamy yellow flowers, with a red basal blotch, this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Pepe

Solved Help me identify these plants

Thank you so much for your help! really good to know what they are so that I know how to care for them.
    Thank you so much for your help! really good to know what they are so that I know how to care for them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. TheMadHedger

Possible Cherry ID please

Thanks. A shame I can't eat them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jowo

Solved Another I D please!

Lovely! Thanks. It's rather beautiful so I'll try to get some somewhere
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jowo

I.d please

Thanks folks. It's I'm my in laws garden so I only have their word that it hasn't flowered!! It looks to me as if it should/ would have a flower. I'm asking as thinking of taking a cutting but...
    Thanks folks. It's I'm my in laws garden so I only have their word that it hasn't flowered!! It looks to me as if it should/ would have a flower. I'm asking as thinking of taking a cutting but want to know what I'd be letting myself in for!
    Thanks folks. It's I'm my in laws garden so I only have their word that it hasn't flowered!! It looks to me as if it should/ would have a flower. I'm asking as thinking of taking a cutting but want to know what I'd be letting myself in for!
    Thanks folks. It's I'm my in laws garden so I only have their word that it hasn't flowered!! It looks to me as if it should/ would have a flower. I'm asking as thinking of taking a cutting but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. tristanstartsgardening

can you please help me identify this tree?

Hard to tell..could be plum, damson, bullace.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Peter Dooley

Solved Weed, wildflower or plant?

Looks vaguely like Physalis, I only know the edible kind, Cape gooseberry, it looks similar to how it comes up in spring from old roots.
    Looks vaguely like Physalis, I only know the edible kind, Cape gooseberry, it looks similar to how it comes up in spring from old roots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. GpeeWs

Solved Invasive weeds?

Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of...
    Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of drift. In addition, I have found that it often needs more than one application. I had a Cornish Hedge...
    Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of drift. In addition, I have found that it often...
    Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. eddybaby

Weed or not to weedâť“

Hi all. Found these two growing in a pot. Any suggestions please? TIA
    20230521_124640.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kevin Cowans

Ceanothus Identification

That looks distinctly possible :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice