1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Keith Thomas

HELP fixing lawn

Definitely will do. I’ll try to keep this post updated with the progress I make.Thanks again for all the help and advice.
    Definitely will do. I’ll try to keep this post updated with the progress I make.Thanks again for all the help and advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. slimzee

Laws regarding garden/lawn watering

You can have a meter fitted and if more expensive ask to be switched back to rateable value within the first year. Also if you have certain medical conditions requiring high water usage and...
    You can have a meter fitted and if more expensive ask to be switched back to rateable value within the first year. Also if you have certain medical conditions requiring high water usage and receive benefits you can get a special tarriff to reduce costs Neil
    You can have a meter fitted and if more expensive ask to be switched back to rateable value within the first year. Also if you have certain medical conditions requiring high water usage and receive benefits you can get a special tarriff to...
    You can have a meter fitted and if more expensive ask to be switched back to rateable value within the first year. Also if you have certain medical conditions requiring high water usage and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tom_Key

Lawn Mower Design - Who in your family cuts the grass?

A few years ago there was a very interesting mower that came out - I think it was called Aeterna, or something vaguely similar. Looks like a go cart and can take on rough grass - (and if I am...
    A few years ago there was a very interesting mower that came out - I think it was called Aeterna, or something vaguely similar. Looks like a go cart and can take on rough grass - (and if I am remembering correctly, it was the brainchild of a woman!) does this ring any bells with anyone out...
    A few years ago there was a very interesting mower that came out - I think it was called Aeterna, or something vaguely similar. Looks like a go cart and can take on rough grass - (and if I am remembering correctly, it was the brainchild of a...
    A few years ago there was a very interesting mower that came out - I think it was called Aeterna, or something vaguely similar. Looks like a go cart and can take on rough grass - (and if I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. AstroTurf

Neighbours who don't take care of their lawns

I only wish my landlord was like you! I actually have no idea who my landlords are - everything goes through the management agency.
    I only wish my landlord was like you! I actually have no idea who my landlords are - everything goes through the management agency.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

First Lawn Cut of the Year?

Ha! I could have written this! :biggrin: I don't mow any more as it is too much for my back. I have a strimmer and I wave this around when things get desperate, but mostly I just ignore it.
    Ha! I could have written this! :biggrin: I don't mow any more as it is too much for my back. I have a strimmer and I wave this around when things get desperate, but mostly I just ignore it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ghost

Help! Ants are ruining my life.

Yeah I've never really got the bother about flying ants either, they all appear from under the patio at ours, and it's not a massive patio, so we share. As long as they don't fall into my tea..
    Yeah I've never really got the bother about flying ants either, they all appear from under the patio at ours, and it's not a massive patio, so we share. As long as they don't fall into my tea..
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dawn78

What can i do to make this dead lawn nice again :(

Got any picks of yellowing. Don't cut too short and feed with some liquid iron.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shoestring gardener

COMMUNAL GRASS AREA RENOVATION

It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, ...
    It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, helps them grow.
    It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, helps them grow.
    It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Emmett Murphy

Blotchy yellow patches in a new lawn (8 months old)

Good for you. And glad to hear the dog is 100%.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Spruce

Anyone cut the lawn yet ??

Cut mine about an hour ago, much neater and better!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Michael neal

Desperate help For my lawn

Really well, actually happy with it right now It took off had a few cuts at highest level
    Really well, actually happy with it right now It took off had a few cuts at highest level
    image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Charlie996
    Like x 3

Scarifying lawns ?

Some great advice here :)@fa1con - I have the option of using the tines or the blades on my scarifier; my lawn is in poor shape too (been neglected for goodness knows how many years before I got...
    Some great advice here :)@fa1con - I have the option of using the tines or the blades on my scarifier; my lawn is in poor shape too (been neglected for goodness knows how many years before I got here), and feels very hard underfoot, so I am reckoning that I need to use the blades to get things...
    Some great advice here :)@fa1con - I have the option of using the tines or the blades on my scarifier; my lawn is in poor shape too (been neglected for goodness knows how many years before I got here), and feels very hard underfoot, so I am...
    Some great advice here :)@fa1con - I have the option of using the tines or the blades on my scarifier; my lawn is in poor shape too (been neglected for goodness knows how many years before I got...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Charlie_Rabbit01

Will grass grow in this bit or is it not worth bothering?

If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online....
    If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online. Now you're thinking this woman's got an answer for everything! :heehee:
    If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online. Now you're thinking this woman's got an answer for...
    If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl

New lawn rectangular dry area

Ha ha, I've no worries about my lawn-it will come back. Grass is tough stuff. :spinning:
    Ha ha, I've no worries about my lawn-it will come back. Grass is tough stuff. :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Selleri

What's your Dandelion Strategy?

Good morning another reason for leaving Dandelions alone,I have 3 pairs of goldfinches in my garden and they just love them:blue thumb:
    Good morning another reason for leaving Dandelions alone,I have 3 pairs of goldfinches in my garden and they just love them:blue thumb:
    image.jpeg slug.jpg P1070403.JPG P1070402.JPG 8286E5F9-70D8-44A0-A4EB-19E6DCC8BD4B.jpeg P1070406.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Zola

Lawn newbie advice

Cheers!I added in some NK Fertilizer yesterday - 16-0-5 to help green it up and strengthen it a bit. Around the end of September time I plan to add in an Autumn feed for stronger roots. Attached...
    Cheers!I added in some NK Fertilizer yesterday - 16-0-5 to help green it up and strengthen it a bit. Around the end of September time I plan to add in an Autumn feed for stronger roots. Attached photo from this morning.I took out the small shrubs as they were dried up and struggling. I plan...
    Cheers!I added in some NK Fertilizer yesterday - 16-0-5 to help green it up and strengthen it a bit. Around the end of September time I plan to add in an Autumn feed for stronger roots. Attached photo from this morning.I took out the small...
    Cheers!I added in some NK Fertilizer yesterday - 16-0-5 to help green it up and strengthen it a bit. Around the end of September time I plan to add in an Autumn feed for stronger roots. Attached...
    2_June_20156_Light_Scarify.jpg 3_June_Cut_Aerate.jpg 4_June_Evergreen_Sown_Seed.jpg 5th_June_Evergreen__After_1_week.jpg 29th_June_recovery.jpg 8_16th_July.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. anth85

Antisocial mowing

Sounds like you’ve been decent and diffused the situation. Isn’t it a silly mad world we live in that “social” media has made most that use it less social, more isolated and caused so many other...
    Sounds like you’ve been decent and diffused the situation. Isn’t it a silly mad world we live in that “social” media has made most that use it less social, more isolated and caused so many other issues. Not to mention whatever’s coming from over exposure to using mobile phones and WiFi...
    Sounds like you’ve been decent and diffused the situation. Isn’t it a silly mad world we live in that “social” media has made most that use it less social, more isolated and caused so many other issues. Not to mention whatever’s coming from over...
    Sounds like you’ve been decent and diffused the situation. Isn’t it a silly mad world we live in that “social” media has made most that use it less social, more isolated and caused so many other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. TerryCTR

New lawn, some advice please

Thanks for the link, it was only put down towards the end of last summer so this is something on my list to make sure it’s kept in good condition moving forward
    Thanks for the link, it was only put down towards the end of last summer so this is something on my list to make sure it’s kept in good condition moving forward
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Zola

2016 lawn strategy?

The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry...
    The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry weather returns I am going to cut the lawn short and then scarify a day or two later!Its coming to...
    The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry weather returns I am going to cut the lawn short and...
    The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. JWK
    Like x 3

Lawn - Grass Free & Full of Flowers

As I understand it, one of the differences between the lawn idea and a wildflower area is that the plants are low spreading ones that can naturally cope with light treading and mowing and spring...
    As I understand it, one of the differences between the lawn idea and a wildflower area is that the plants are low spreading ones that can naturally cope with light treading and mowing and spring up again, whereas meadow flowers include the taller growing species that eventually shade out and out...
    As I understand it, one of the differences between the lawn idea and a wildflower area is that the plants are low spreading ones that can naturally cope with light treading and mowing and spring up again, whereas meadow flowers include the taller...
    As I understand it, one of the differences between the lawn idea and a wildflower area is that the plants are low spreading ones that can naturally cope with light treading and mowing and spring...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice