Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. renfrew999

Preperation for new lawn

I agree that you shouldn't lay a layer of sand but do support the addition of large amounts of sharp or grit sand to heavy soil types. I insist however that it should be incorporated by rotovator....
    I agree that you shouldn't lay a layer of sand but do support the addition of large amounts of sharp or grit sand to heavy soil types. I insist however that it should be incorporated by rotovator. Because of differing expansion and contraction rates of stone and soil it will cause fractures and...
    I agree that you shouldn't lay a layer of sand but do support the addition of large amounts of sharp or grit sand to heavy soil types. I insist however that it should be incorporated by rotovator. Because of differing expansion and contraction...
    I agree that you shouldn't lay a layer of sand but do support the addition of large amounts of sharp or grit sand to heavy soil types. I insist however that it should be incorporated by rotovator....
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. spat

thorny weed in my lawn

i'll take a pic tonight col, and put up tomorrow! thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. shah

Laying Turf

Been there in a previous gardening existence and layed new turf on top of old to raise the overall height.But I cut out the original turf and turned it over to help it rot - dunno whether it...
    Been there in a previous gardening existence and layed new turf on top of old to raise the overall height.But I cut out the original turf and turned it over to help it rot - dunno whether it made it rot quicker by being upside down, but seemed like a sound idea at the time!New lawn looked...
    Been there in a previous gardening existence and layed new turf on top of old to raise the overall height.But I cut out the original turf and turned it over to help it rot - dunno whether it made it rot quicker by being upside down, but seemed...
    Been there in a previous gardening existence and layed new turf on top of old to raise the overall height.But I cut out the original turf and turned it over to help it rot - dunno whether it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rash_capricorn

Replacing the lawn..........

I removed my grotty front lawn and replaced it with a weed suppressant membrane covered with plum coloured slate chippings. You can just about see it in my avatar. They've been there about four...
    I removed my grotty front lawn and replaced it with a weed suppressant membrane covered with plum coloured slate chippings. You can just about see it in my avatar. They've been there about four years now and no sign of weed breakthrough (yet!). And neither my three cats nor the neighbouring ones...
    I removed my grotty front lawn and replaced it with a weed suppressant membrane covered with plum coloured slate chippings. You can just about see it in my avatar. They've been there about four years now and no sign of weed breakthrough (yet!)....
    I removed my grotty front lawn and replaced it with a weed suppressant membrane covered with plum coloured slate chippings. You can just about see it in my avatar. They've been there about four...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. susie123

re turfing

Reclaimed hardwood railway sleepers might be an option
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. anton

lawn

thank you WILL only have hover mower but can change height will give it a bash tomorrow evening thank you once again
    thank you WILL only have hover mower but can change height will give it a bash tomorrow evening thank you once again
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. RUSSD

crop circles

Would that be the Periphique? (20 miles in diameter sounds a bit small!)Phil
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. gary naismith

lawn care

Ok Will thanks for all your help
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. jimlewis

Lawn Problems

When we moved house recently the grass was awful - loads of moss and weeds etc. I used that stuff that kills moss and raked it out and was left with loads of bare patches. Now (2 months on) the...
    When we moved house recently the grass was awful - loads of moss and weeds etc. I used that stuff that kills moss and raked it out and was left with loads of bare patches. Now (2 months on) the grass has been fed (at intervals shorter than recommended on the pack) and I do water it every couple...
    When we moved house recently the grass was awful - loads of moss and weeds etc. I used that stuff that kills moss and raked it out and was left with loads of bare patches. Now (2 months on) the grass has been fed (at intervals shorter than...
    When we moved house recently the grass was awful - loads of moss and weeds etc. I used that stuff that kills moss and raked it out and was left with loads of bare patches. Now (2 months on) the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jay

Rolling lawns...

Good idea chaps - never thought of rolling to compact my already compacted lawn - DOH! It's just starting to look like a lawn a bit too, yes I admit it, I bought some aerating spikey sandal things...
    Good idea chaps - never thought of rolling to compact my already compacted lawn - DOH! It's just starting to look like a lawn a bit too, yes I admit it, I bought some aerating spikey sandal things from Argos and walked round my lawn like a drunk!
    Good idea chaps - never thought of rolling to compact my already compacted lawn - DOH! It's just starting to look like a lawn a bit too, yes I admit it, I bought some aerating spikey sandal things from Argos and walked round my lawn like a drunk!
    Good idea chaps - never thought of rolling to compact my already compacted lawn - DOH! It's just starting to look like a lawn a bit too, yes I admit it, I bought some aerating spikey sandal things...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gardening Newbie

Cracked Lawn!!!

Sounds like you need to do something about the drainage. Good luck with it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. hawkwind

grass

Thanks very much for your reply will do this tomorrow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pru_plant

Grass seed advice please

shes right there thats your best solution
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jill

how do you kill grass

set it on fire [Big Grin]
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mandarin0range

help with my grass

hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in...
    hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in spring, if you do reseed make sure it is same grass and good luck it will need tons of water :D :D
    hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in spring, if you do reseed make sure it is same grass...
    hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. andy

Grass Fungus

how do i upload photos ?sorry thanks andy
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. atmospheric

Lawn Question

Ok, thanks for that Hans.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Pablo

Top dressing new lawn

Many thanks for that. I shall certainly give it a go. Good luck with the lawn.Pablo
    Many thanks for that. I shall certainly give it a go. Good luck with the lawn.Pablo
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. laburnum150

laying new lawn

Good one!
    Good one!
    Good one!
    Good one!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Carzy

Autumn Lawn Care

Time - I know the feeling. Best time to do the fork and sand thing is after work - relaxes you before going on to enjoying the evening :D
    Time - I know the feeling. Best time to do the fork and sand thing is after work - relaxes you before going on to enjoying the evening :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice