1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ascoyne

From patio to lawn - on clay.

That is a very interesting idea Pete. I will get my thinking cap on.Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. hi2u_uk

Chamomile seeds didnt sprout - time to move on ???

Ah thought maybe you had sown last year, give them a chance, they might germinate next spring when the soil warms up.
    Ah thought maybe you had sown last year, give them a chance, they might germinate next spring when the soil warms up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Furyp3

Newly rolled lawn

You want a nice little blower but the grass needs a little cut too. Not only will the leaves damage the turf they also promote worms. There are only a few worms that produce casts but casts are a...
    You want a nice little blower but the grass needs a little cut too. Not only will the leaves damage the turf they also promote worms. There are only a few worms that produce casts but casts are a messy affair and they tend to make the turf messy.
    You want a nice little blower but the grass needs a little cut too. Not only will the leaves damage the turf they also promote worms. There are only a few worms that produce casts but casts are a messy affair and they tend to make the turf messy.
    You want a nice little blower but the grass needs a little cut too. Not only will the leaves damage the turf they also promote worms. There are only a few worms that produce casts but casts are a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. RichGDN

Gardener recommending putting lawn on a "membrane" is this right?

not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety...
    not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety then HSE are the ones to contact.personally on a public forum it’s not my job to criticise or...
    not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety then HSE are the ones to contact.personally on...
    not at the golf club I’m at. Everything is done by the book and every record is kept. If a club does practice that then everything else will be of poor standard. If you have concerns about safety...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. LawnAndOrder

Recently Over-seeded Lawn

To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. antony5378

New Turf Quality

Always hard with turf as we get good and bad years. Was it a local supplier?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Steven Belcher

Overseeding disaster that needs fixing fast

I cut it shorter as it was flopping over a lot. Maybe the issue is the grass is wetter at the front as there is less sun. my mower tear at the grass more. i get a clean cut in the back. Also i...
    I cut it shorter as it was flopping over a lot. Maybe the issue is the grass is wetter at the front as there is less sun. my mower tear at the grass more. i get a clean cut in the back. Also i watered the the same. the back looks better than it did before, apart from the hundreds of worm casts...
    I cut it shorter as it was flopping over a lot. Maybe the issue is the grass is wetter at the front as there is less sun. my mower tear at the grass more. i get a clean cut in the back. Also i watered the the same. the back looks better than it...
    I cut it shorter as it was flopping over a lot. Maybe the issue is the grass is wetter at the front as there is less sun. my mower tear at the grass more. i get a clean cut in the back. Also i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. TK1

New Lawn deep, deep in the clay.

Lots of surface water drainage goes into the sewers. Which is why Southern Water is always being fined for pouring thousands of tons of sewage straight into the sea. And then they say we have a...
    Lots of surface water drainage goes into the sewers. Which is why Southern Water is always being fined for pouring thousands of tons of sewage straight into the sea. And then they say we have a water shortage. Sorry slightly off topic.
    Lots of surface water drainage goes into the sewers. Which is why Southern Water is always being fined for pouring thousands of tons of sewage straight into the sea. And then they say we have a water shortage. Sorry slightly off topic.
    Lots of surface water drainage goes into the sewers. Which is why Southern Water is always being fined for pouring thousands of tons of sewage straight into the sea. And then they say we have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Funkar

Best turf for stripy look in a lawn

Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups,...
    Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups, celandine, hawks beard) and with large patches of moss.It's the mower that makes mine look good...
    Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups, celandine, hawks beard) and with large patches of...
    Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. erskine

Crows Ruining Lawn

There’s no chemical available for domestic use for grubs and while covering the ground works to a degree it’s not a cure. There are some experimental treatments but as yet not fully approved for...
    There’s no chemical available for domestic use for grubs and while covering the ground works to a degree it’s not a cure. There are some experimental treatments but as yet not fully approved for leatherjackets but these are designed to not to kill but to get the larvae up to the surface. I...
    There’s no chemical available for domestic use for grubs and while covering the ground works to a degree it’s not a cure. There are some experimental treatments but as yet not fully approved for leatherjackets but these are designed to not to...
    There’s no chemical available for domestic use for grubs and while covering the ground works to a degree it’s not a cure. There are some experimental treatments but as yet not fully approved for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Claire McCarthy

Nature friendly weedkiller for lawn?!

Unfortunately to get rid of weeds you will need to hit it with a chemical. I know mowing and good fertiliser program may help but if it’s a good coverage of weed then the only way to hit it is by...
    Unfortunately to get rid of weeds you will need to hit it with a chemical. I know mowing and good fertiliser program may help but if it’s a good coverage of weed then the only way to hit it is by a good herbicide application which as the temps are dropping leaves little choice as the better ones...
    Unfortunately to get rid of weeds you will need to hit it with a chemical. I know mowing and good fertiliser program may help but if it’s a good coverage of weed then the only way to hit it is by a good herbicide application which as the temps...
    Unfortunately to get rid of weeds you will need to hit it with a chemical. I know mowing and good fertiliser program may help but if it’s a good coverage of weed then the only way to hit it is by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. seneca

Weed/unknown spreading everywhere- advice/help please

Knotweed is prostrate
    Knotweed is prostrate
    Knotweed is prostrate
    Knotweed is prostrate
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Dean63

Small cobweb like matter on lawn

If its dollar spot baking soda works pretty well
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ChrisWales

Cordless mowers with a roller

It looks to have a lightweight plastic roller so probably a bit useless. It depends if you buy it with batteries it comes with a roller, without batteries no roller, an odd way to market it.
    It looks to have a lightweight plastic roller so probably a bit useless. It depends if you buy it with batteries it comes with a roller, without batteries no roller, an odd way to market it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Matthew Rosen-Marsh

Fox pee damaging grass

Thanks for this Janet. I have started to try this. Your reply has been really helpful and hopefully will save many time, energy and money that I have devoted to preventing the lawn from being...
    Thanks for this Janet. I have started to try this. Your reply has been really helpful and hopefully will save many time, energy and money that I have devoted to preventing the lawn from being destroyed.
    Thanks for this Janet. I have started to try this. Your reply has been really helpful and hopefully will save many time, energy and money that I have devoted to preventing the lawn from being destroyed.
    Thanks for this Janet. I have started to try this. Your reply has been really helpful and hopefully will save many time, energy and money that I have devoted to preventing the lawn from being...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Welshman

Lawn from scratch

Very nice mate.
    Very nice mate.
    Very nice mate.
    Very nice mate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jocko

Grass not germinating.

I had given the pot of seeds I planted out a couple of trims with the kitchen scissors before planting it. And the roots were through the bottom of the pot.
    I had given the pot of seeds I planted out a couple of trims with the kitchen scissors before planting it. And the roots were through the bottom of the pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. LawnAndOrder

Food for lawn? Food for thought forlorn!

Great to hear they have helped.Don’t think any grass type that’s here in the U.K. can withstand drought. Nature of the beast really.
    Great to hear they have helped.Don’t think any grass type that’s here in the U.K. can withstand drought. Nature of the beast really.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kazzawazza

Brown patches on the lawn

Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses the lawn and unfortunately we have brown patches as a result.Does anybody have any advice on how...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses the lawn and unfortunately we have brown patches as...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Andy Franklin

Creating a New Lawn Over Type 1

That's what I thought, so the compressed stones along with the fines make an impenetrable layer, great for a driveway but bad for a lawn. I've used Type 3 (no fines) on my driveway to allow it to...
    That's what I thought, so the compressed stones along with the fines make an impenetrable layer, great for a driveway but bad for a lawn. I've used Type 3 (no fines) on my driveway to allow it to be permeable and have a 4 or 5" layer of topsoil, I have Thyme on mine but grass would do just as...
    That's what I thought, so the compressed stones along with the fines make an impenetrable layer, great for a driveway but bad for a lawn. I've used Type 3 (no fines) on my driveway to allow it to be permeable and have a 4 or 5" layer of topsoil,...
    That's what I thought, so the compressed stones along with the fines make an impenetrable layer, great for a driveway but bad for a lawn. I've used Type 3 (no fines) on my driveway to allow it to...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice