1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. EmmaLouise

Levelling out Garden?

Thanks! I'm going to buy some weedkiller tomorrow and hire a rotovator in a couple of weeks. Thanks all for your help! :ThankYou::SUNsmile:
    Thanks! I'm going to buy some weedkiller tomorrow and hire a rotovator in a couple of weeks. Thanks all for your help! :ThankYou::SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mosamahab

Renovate or maybe start from scratch.

Glyphosate would mean killing about 50% of grass with it.Gonna have to try other methods.
    Glyphosate would mean killing about 50% of grass with it.Gonna have to try other methods.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. maxi

new lawn dying!

Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to...
    Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to pull up a couple of the turfs - it it comes up easily it hasn't rooted into the native soil, and is...
    Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to pull up a couple of the turfs - it it comes up...
    Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. clueless1

New lawn with some yellow in it - what have I done wrong?

I had some yellow areas on my grass about 3 weeks ago, but I aerated it, then put in some seeds and it's all coming back to its more natural green.
    I had some yellow areas on my grass about 3 weeks ago, but I aerated it, then put in some seeds and it's all coming back to its more natural green.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Little Miss Road Rage

I've killed a big patch of lawn what can I do?

I must get round to doing the test patch been busy and been to weymouth today
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Letty

Can you sow grass seed in November?

Might be a bit late to contribute to this, but our local council did some work on the grounds of offices very recently and sowed some grass seed on the bare ground. I walked past it thinking, no...
    Might be a bit late to contribute to this, but our local council did some work on the grounds of offices very recently and sowed some grass seed on the bare ground. I walked past it thinking, no way will that grow now. But I walked past it yesterday and it's growing, even with all the rain we've...
    Might be a bit late to contribute to this, but our local council did some work on the grounds of offices very recently and sowed some grass seed on the bare ground. I walked past it thinking, no way will that grow now. But I walked past it...
    Might be a bit late to contribute to this, but our local council did some work on the grounds of offices very recently and sowed some grass seed on the bare ground. I walked past it thinking, no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Alta

Weed killer before laying lawn

Yes, I agree ... although there will be opinions and opinions!!If its just grass then worst case it will pop up and grow through the new turf ... adding more grass to your ... grass! What you...
    Yes, I agree ... although there will be opinions and opinions!!If its just grass then worst case it will pop up and grow through the new turf ... adding more grass to your ... grass! What you don't want is any pernicious weeds left behind, so if it looks like you have any of those then Nuke...
    Yes, I agree ... although there will be opinions and opinions!!If its just grass then worst case it will pop up and grow through the new turf ... adding more grass to your ... grass! What you don't want is any pernicious weeds left behind, so...
    Yes, I agree ... although there will be opinions and opinions!!If its just grass then worst case it will pop up and grow through the new turf ... adding more grass to your ... grass! What you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Glynn Rigby

grass growing at different rates??

Good morning I don't know much about grass but my hair such as it is grows at different rates:heehee:;)
    Good morning I don't know much about grass but my hair such as it is grows at different rates:heehee:;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. juliang23

Turning lawn into a bed...what prep do I need?

Thanks a lot. Many hours a hard work have gone into the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Shobhna

Lawn Edging

we used a heavy duty lawn edging. 129.00 for 50m roll. works well with our petrol strimmer. bought online in best4garden, nice chap there.
    we used a heavy duty lawn edging. 129.00 for 50m roll. works well with our petrol strimmer. bought online in best4garden, nice chap there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Samuel

How to lay a flat usable turf lawn:

Probably some good advice here, but too late for me:(My new lawn is coming on nicely (from seed on ground that I dug the back breaking way).It now has lumps and bumps in it. I was planning on...
    Probably some good advice here, but too late for me:(My new lawn is coming on nicely (from seed on ground that I dug the back breaking way).It now has lumps and bumps in it. I was planning on levelling it by top dressing with a layer of sharp sand mixed with mushroom compost in September. If...
    Probably some good advice here, but too late for me:(My new lawn is coming on nicely (from seed on ground that I dug the back breaking way).It now has lumps and bumps in it. I was planning on levelling it by top dressing with a layer of sharp...
    Probably some good advice here, but too late for me:(My new lawn is coming on nicely (from seed on ground that I dug the back breaking way).It now has lumps and bumps in it. I was planning on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. cronley

Black Spots in Lawn

Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I...
    Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I only give it one dose of 7-6-17 per year, is this OK/sufficient. Sure, it is continuously damp in...
    Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I only give it one dose of 7-6-17 per year, is this...
    Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I...
    Lawn problem July 2012 006.JPG Lawn Black Spots.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. castlerock

Best tool to aereate my lawn?

My sisters used to do that.. I still feel tormented by having to go to random places for tournaments..
    My sisters used to do that.. I still feel tormented by having to go to random places for tournaments..
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hannahm2010

New Turf Cut Too Short

Hanna, if it`s only been down two or three weeks why are you cutting it and feeding it? Leave it to establish for a couple of MONTHS.DO NOT cut, DO NOT feed.:lollol::lollol::gnthb:
    Hanna, if it`s only been down two or three weeks why are you cutting it and feeding it? Leave it to establish for a couple of MONTHS.DO NOT cut, DO NOT feed.:lollol::lollol::gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Wet Bush

Shady Lawn Seed - Any Recommendations?

from what I have heard, this blend from BSH is supposed to be very good, and is used in countries such as Switzerland ) it contains a seed called Supranova Poa Supina a 20kg bag costs £146...
    from what I have heard, this blend from BSH is supposed to be very good, and is used in countries such as Switzerland ) it contains a seed called Supranova Poa Supina a 20kg bag costs £146 pounds though .... if you need less, they may be able to help (there is a calculator on the link that...
    from what I have heard, this blend from BSH is supposed to be very good, and is used in countries such as Switzerland ) it contains a seed called Supranova Poa Supina a 20kg bag costs £146 pounds though .... if you need less, they may be...
    from what I have heard, this blend from BSH is supposed to be very good, and is used in countries such as Switzerland ) it contains a seed called Supranova Poa Supina a 20kg bag costs £146...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SausageFingers

Laying Turf

Offft! Lifting/Shifting all that stone (it's about 1' deep) would take a back breaking long time. Toying with putting my little patio (12x12) on top, to hide some of the chips, then it looks like...
    Offft! Lifting/Shifting all that stone (it's about 1' deep) would take a back breaking long time. Toying with putting my little patio (12x12) on top, to hide some of the chips, then it looks like it will be some decorative gravel to hide the rest. Might try splitting it up into areas, and...
    Offft! Lifting/Shifting all that stone (it's about 1' deep) would take a back breaking long time. Toying with putting my little patio (12x12) on top, to hide some of the chips, then it looks like it will be some decorative gravel to hide the...
    Offft! Lifting/Shifting all that stone (it's about 1' deep) would take a back breaking long time. Toying with putting my little patio (12x12) on top, to hide some of the chips, then it looks like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. dansin

Reviving 'Lawn' after building work

There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose...
    There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose decreases the efficiency.If you have anything persistent then spray twice, once with a two week gap...
    There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose decreases the efficiency.If you have anything...
    There is no benefit in doubling up ANY herbicide, the dose rate stated by the manufactures is the optimum if a higher dose was beneficial they would use this. With roundup doubling the dose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. andy1981

Lumpy lawn

Andy, As i said mate, make sure those tap root weeds are out. I would NOT roll it. All your doing is compacting it and may get drainage issues later. Here's what i would do: Add sharp sand to the...
    Andy, As i said mate, make sure those tap root weeds are out. I would NOT roll it. All your doing is compacting it and may get drainage issues later. Here's what i would do: Add sharp sand to the top of your mud mess. Then get a rotivator and rotivate it all in. Then tread it down and rake to...
    Andy, As i said mate, make sure those tap root weeds are out. I would NOT roll it. All your doing is compacting it and may get drainage issues later. Here's what i would do: Add sharp sand to the top of your mud mess. Then get a rotivator and...
    Andy, As i said mate, make sure those tap root weeds are out. I would NOT roll it. All your doing is compacting it and may get drainage issues later. Here's what i would do: Add sharp sand to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bashy

Sudden yellow patches in my lawn - HELP!!

Perhaps an elderly person, with a large garden, would like to "share" it with someone who could do/help with the work?
    Perhaps an elderly person, with a large garden, would like to "share" it with someone who could do/help with the work?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dave_In_His_Garden

Inspiration requested for a front lawn centre shrub

Did you see the small trees for small gardens bit on gardeners world last week? The white berried rowan looked beautiful. Sorbus Kashmir... something! Can't remember rest of name but I'm sure...
    Did you see the small trees for small gardens bit on gardeners world last week? The white berried rowan looked beautiful. Sorbus Kashmir... something! Can't remember rest of name but I'm sure Google will find it on a search.
    Did you see the small trees for small gardens bit on gardeners world last week? The white berried rowan looked beautiful. Sorbus Kashmir... something! Can't remember rest of name but I'm sure Google will find it on a search.
    Did you see the small trees for small gardens bit on gardeners world last week? The white berried rowan looked beautiful. Sorbus Kashmir... something! Can't remember rest of name but I'm sure...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice