1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ericd

Lawn Spreader

I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5...
    I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5 litre bottles of concentrate covers about 1000 sq m for about £18 I recall.
    I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5 litre bottles of concentrate covers about 1000...
    I use liquid feed everytimesee for lawn feeder that clips to hose and dilutes as you spray about £10 mail order plus "Lawn Magic" corny name but amazing results. by from same website in 5...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Absconditus

Complete newbie lawn cock up ?

Hehe... very nearly.
    Hehe... very nearly.
    Hehe... very nearly.
    Hehe... very nearly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lollipop

lawn under a leyllandii

Thanks Moyra for finding that out for me, considering the mouthing off I gave about supermarkets today I am suitably chastened lol;);)
    Thanks Moyra for finding that out for me, considering the mouthing off I gave about supermarkets today I am suitably chastened lol;);)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Winnie

Will Lawnseed Grow in Silt?

Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor...
    Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor hubby has to dig it out, usually about a foot deep, running for 25m x 2ft wide ... back breaking! ...
    Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor hubby has to dig it out, usually about a foot deep,...
    Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. nickp

Is it too late to scarify and aereate?

hi nickp i think you have to wait untill autum to scarify i have been aereating my lawn for most of the yr with no probs
    hi nickp i think you have to wait untill autum to scarify i have been aereating my lawn for most of the yr with no probs
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. peach

new lawn

Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the...
    Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the roots. Only suggest you water very regulaly to dilute the ammonia. I mentioned on a previous post...
    Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the roots. Only suggest you water very regulaly to...
    Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Rosiemongrel

Circular dead patches on lawn - WHY??

And if she can, get her an agent, you could afford to have your garden re turfed every month!
    And if she can, get her an agent, you could afford to have your garden re turfed every month!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. men8ifr

Will re-seeding different areas of lawn result in different colored grass?

Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you...
    Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you should be doing your best raindance! You can stand there all day with a hosepipe but nothing beats...
    Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you should be doing your best raindance! You can stand...
    Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. men8ifr

Aerator recommendation / will an Argos one do?

I've just ordered a spear and jackson hollow tine aerator - one that pulls plugs of soil ou tthe lawn as they seem much preferred over one that just spikes the lawn - particularly for...
    I've just ordered a spear and jackson hollow tine aerator - one that pulls plugs of soil ou tthe lawn as they seem much preferred over one that just spikes the lawn - particularly for clay/compacted lawns. It was £20 delivered off ebay.
    I've just ordered a spear and jackson hollow tine aerator - one that pulls plugs of soil ou tthe lawn as they seem much preferred over one that just spikes the lawn - particularly for clay/compacted lawns. It was £20 delivered off ebay.
    I've just ordered a spear and jackson hollow tine aerator - one that pulls plugs of soil ou tthe lawn as they seem much preferred over one that just spikes the lawn - particularly for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Flinty

What's under your lawn...?

So your choices are either to dig down or build up!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. KLY

Block Paving to become a lawn?

I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late...
    I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late July, the grass would die off over the cesspit and you could see its exact outline. The greater the...
    I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late July, the grass would die off over the cesspit and you...
    I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. men8ifr

Asda lawnfeed

I went to get some lawnfeed and weed yesterday and the asda brand stuff looked the same as Evergreen and was £2.98. I also got a spray insecticide for £2-3. When I went to the till it said £3...
    I went to get some lawnfeed and weed yesterday and the asda brand stuff looked the same as Evergreen and was £2.98. I also got a spray insecticide for £2-3. When I went to the till it said £3 for the 2 as there is an offer on - bargain!
    I went to get some lawnfeed and weed yesterday and the asda brand stuff looked the same as Evergreen and was £2.98. I also got a spray insecticide for £2-3. When I went to the till it said £3 for the 2 as there is an offer on - bargain!
    I went to get some lawnfeed and weed yesterday and the asda brand stuff looked the same as Evergreen and was £2.98. I also got a spray insecticide for £2-3. When I went to the till it said £3...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. RodneyA

Soft Lawn

Sounds as if the turf is sitting on the layer of moss that you left in place. There was a discussion on one of the composting threads about moss taking a very long time to rot down - 2 years in...
    Sounds as if the turf is sitting on the layer of moss that you left in place. There was a discussion on one of the composting threads about moss taking a very long time to rot down - 2 years in the compost heap was suggested. The grass will struggle to put down roots through the mossy layer, so...
    Sounds as if the turf is sitting on the layer of moss that you left in place. There was a discussion on one of the composting threads about moss taking a very long time to rot down - 2 years in the compost heap was suggested. The grass will...
    Sounds as if the turf is sitting on the layer of moss that you left in place. There was a discussion on one of the composting threads about moss taking a very long time to rot down - 2 years in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. louis

Moss, dandelions ... and a little grass.

There are special tools. Just Google "lawn aerator" and you'll find 3 sorts - rotary, hollow tine and, believe it or not, shoes! I've not used any of them but I'd guess a hollow tine aerator was...
    There are special tools. Just Google "lawn aerator" and you'll find 3 sorts - rotary, hollow tine and, believe it or not, shoes! I've not used any of them but I'd guess a hollow tine aerator was the most effective.I just use an ordinary big garden fork and wiggle it down into the grass at...
    There are special tools. Just Google "lawn aerator" and you'll find 3 sorts - rotary, hollow tine and, believe it or not, shoes! I've not used any of them but I'd guess a hollow tine aerator was the most effective.I just use an ordinary big...
    There are special tools. Just Google "lawn aerator" and you'll find 3 sorts - rotary, hollow tine and, believe it or not, shoes! I've not used any of them but I'd guess a hollow tine aerator was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. marrittm

gaps in new turf

thanks for all you hep appreciated allot will give it a go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SallyJ17

Turfing - How Long?

lol its the story of my life matt by name matt by nature
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. nickp

Raking a lawn

There is usually a bit of yellow dead grass in lawns early in the year, but by now it should be growing strongly. Sounds as if it needs a good feed. A liquid feed you spray on has the fastest...
    There is usually a bit of yellow dead grass in lawns early in the year, but by now it should be growing strongly. Sounds as if it needs a good feed. A liquid feed you spray on has the fastest action. Granules probably have a longer-lasting effect, but it needs a little care to spread them...
    There is usually a bit of yellow dead grass in lawns early in the year, but by now it should be growing strongly. Sounds as if it needs a good feed. A liquid feed you spray on has the fastest action. Granules probably have a longer-lasting...
    There is usually a bit of yellow dead grass in lawns early in the year, but by now it should be growing strongly. Sounds as if it needs a good feed. A liquid feed you spray on has the fastest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mnw1let

Moss from lawn

Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots...
    Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots longer.letty
    Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots longer.letty
    Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Flinty

Turf Stack

Thanks for the info Flinty, my older stack was made up of poor quality grass rather than turf from an area laid as lawn, so maybe I shouldn't expect too much of it. It is also pretty dry but at...
    Thanks for the info Flinty, my older stack was made up of poor quality grass rather than turf from an area laid as lawn, so maybe I shouldn't expect too much of it. It is also pretty dry but at least it's out of the way and as you say, eventually it will be recycled one way or the other. I'll...
    Thanks for the info Flinty, my older stack was made up of poor quality grass rather than turf from an area laid as lawn, so maybe I shouldn't expect too much of it. It is also pretty dry but at least it's out of the way and as you say, eventually...
    Thanks for the info Flinty, my older stack was made up of poor quality grass rather than turf from an area laid as lawn, so maybe I shouldn't expect too much of it. It is also pretty dry but at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Loofah

Mossy lawn removal

Hi LoofahThis might also be helpful to you
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice