1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Pecker1210

De-Thatching

You may want to consider a 'Verti-cutter'It's similar but has stronger cutting tynes, but is more expensive.
    You may want to consider a 'Verti-cutter'It's similar but has stronger cutting tynes, but is more expensive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. THETWYS

lawn drainage

thanks for your response mate! ive dug down about 8 to ten inches and no water so im figuring that i may not be in such a bad way as you were to begin with! im maybe thinking and seriously...
    thanks for your response mate! ive dug down about 8 to ten inches and no water so im figuring that i may not be in such a bad way as you were to begin with! im maybe thinking and seriously swaying towards the airating and rotavating of the soil! there is some clay present but also alot of what...
    thanks for your response mate! ive dug down about 8 to ten inches and no water so im figuring that i may not be in such a bad way as you were to begin with! im maybe thinking and seriously swaying towards the airating and rotavating of the soil!...
    thanks for your response mate! ive dug down about 8 to ten inches and no water so im figuring that i may not be in such a bad way as you were to begin with! im maybe thinking and seriously...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Anthony

Getting rid of a lawn.

Flinty & Moyra.Thanks for the advice. Stacking it is.Ant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. princess-incognita

Weeds & lawn - advice pls

JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It...
    JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It depends on how well the stuff you used was watered in. By the sound of it, you used a hose dispenser? ...
    JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It depends on how well the stuff you used was watered in. ...
    JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. grasue17

Preparing for lawn.

Personally Id just leave it open to the elements and spray or dig up the weeds that come up, just as Beechleaf sudgests.Not a fan of the old carpet / plastic aproach as it looks awfull and...
    Personally Id just leave it open to the elements and spray or dig up the weeds that come up, just as Beechleaf sudgests.Not a fan of the old carpet / plastic aproach as it looks awfull and IMO isnt that efective.
    Personally Id just leave it open to the elements and spray or dig up the weeds that come up, just as Beechleaf sudgests.Not a fan of the old carpet / plastic aproach as it looks awfull and IMO isnt that efective.
    Personally Id just leave it open to the elements and spray or dig up the weeds that come up, just as Beechleaf sudgests.Not a fan of the old carpet / plastic aproach as it looks awfull and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. elliegreenwellie

Mowing the Lawn

I only cut the grass when it is extra sunny. Then again I'm lazy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. bellapinkpink

Beginner gardener needs help with her lawn!

Thank you David, I'll give that a go.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. marrittm

what is best way to remove grass

Nothing wrong with doing it by hand if its a small area, but you still need to let the weedkiller work. Digging or rotovating alone will not kill the grass and weeds off.
    Nothing wrong with doing it by hand if its a small area, but you still need to let the weedkiller work. Digging or rotovating alone will not kill the grass and weeds off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. engine

Lawn Help!

beachleafs advice is sound, Id add that top dressing and watering will help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kathy535

Poor drainage of clay soil - will a lawn grow?

Kathyit does sound very wet if the water table is 6 inches downyou may have to think about how to improve drainageif you can't get grass to grow, try shady grass or failing that...
    Kathyit does sound very wet if the water table is 6 inches downyou may have to think about how to improve drainageif you can't get grass to grow, try shady grass or failing that sedge, rushes or ferns, all of which like some moisture in the soil John
    Kathyit does sound very wet if the water table is 6 inches downyou may have to think about how to improve drainageif you can't get grass to grow, try shady grass or failing that sedge, rushes or ferns, all of which like some moisture...
    Kathyit does sound very wet if the water table is 6 inches downyou may have to think about how to improve drainageif you can't get grass to grow, try shady grass or failing that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. BostonPatriot

Tips on an unhealthy looking lawn

Where is the best place to buy this feed?Thanks, Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bashy

Lawn weeds - Help and advice please

Thanks Jarbax. Sound advice. Have a good day
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. TH

Lawn mission.

We must have the worse North facing lawn in Yorkshire���� When it rains the lawn is just like a big sponge /ice rink����nothing grows much.I will admit we have 7 hens but they...
    We must have the worse North facing lawn in Yorkshireâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦ When it rains the lawn is just like a big sponge /ice rinkâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦nothing grows much.I will admit we have 7 hens but they donâ??t go on the lawn very often except for maybe the last 20 mins before bed.I would like to...
    We must have the worse North facing lawn in Yorkshireâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦ When it rains the lawn is just like a big sponge /ice rinkâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦nothing grows much.I will admit we have 7 hens but they donâ??t go on the lawn very often except for...
    We must have the worse North facing lawn in Yorkshire���� When it rains the lawn is just like a big sponge /ice rink����nothing grows much.I will admit we have 7 hens but they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. James.E

My debut Lawn

I didnt say to turf over the existing. i said spray off whats there then run a cultivator over to give a good tilth, rake over THEN seed or turf.
    I didnt say to turf over the existing. i said spray off whats there then run a cultivator over to give a good tilth, rake over THEN seed or turf.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. minty

Lawn scortch

Thanks! a mint.
    Thanks! a mint.
    Thanks! a mint.
    Thanks! a mint.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mattd

moving lawn

thats sort of what i planned to do. is it worth soaking so wet and rolling it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. marrittm

help laying new lawn

Spray with roundup leave 2 weeks then rotovate. if needs be add a small amount of topsoil. Rake off stones and seed. Keep watered.
    Spray with roundup leave 2 weeks then rotovate. if needs be add a small amount of topsoil. Rake off stones and seed. Keep watered.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. drewster

I've mown through my lawn mower cable!

Part P does not apply and the moulded on plugs are hardly moisture proof as the motor industry discovered years ago. In fact moulding on unless there is actual fusing of the two materials (PVC...
    Part P does not apply and the moulded on plugs are hardly moisture proof as the motor industry discovered years ago. In fact moulding on unless there is actual fusing of the two materials (PVC cable to whatever material the plug is made of) make it probable that moisture will be drawn in by the...
    Part P does not apply and the moulded on plugs are hardly moisture proof as the motor industry discovered years ago. In fact moulding on unless there is actual fusing of the two materials (PVC cable to whatever material the plug is made of) make...
    Part P does not apply and the moulded on plugs are hardly moisture proof as the motor industry discovered years ago. In fact moulding on unless there is actual fusing of the two materials (PVC...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. FILBS234

Patchy Lawn

Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no...
    Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no time at all along with the urine stains it was a right mess,anyway we have bought some more land now...
    Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no time at all along with the urine stains it was a...
    Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Tangle

Paving sets as lawn edge / mowing strip?

Call me Mr Organic, but Ive always found a dose of 6 inches of ROUNDUP soon solves that problem. If you put paving etc down you just have a new edge to manage. good luck
    Call me Mr Organic, but Ive always found a dose of 6 inches of ROUNDUP soon solves that problem. If you put paving etc down you just have a new edge to manage. good luck
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice