1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. carolla

plants in lawn like weeds

how to get rid of babys tears spreading over my l
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lynne_2005

laying lawn on clay

sorry lynne wizzy sounds a little big for little old me lolgood luck and don't forget post a pic when your done would love to see (nosey person i am)if your lawns anything like mine it will...
    sorry lynne wizzy sounds a little big for little old me lolgood luck and don't forget post a pic when your done would love to see (nosey person i am)if your lawns anything like mine it will take a couple of yrs to get strong and thick looks lovely after turfing then mine went a little bare...
    sorry lynne wizzy sounds a little big for little old me lolgood luck and don't forget post a pic when your done would love to see (nosey person i am)if your lawns anything like mine it will take a couple of yrs to get strong and thick looks...
    sorry lynne wizzy sounds a little big for little old me lolgood luck and don't forget post a pic when your done would love to see (nosey person i am)if your lawns anything like mine it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Debzy

How to create a lawn?

Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I...
    Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I think I'll splash out and get the posh stuff!
    Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I think I'll splash out and get the posh stuff!
    Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. vegman

LAWN RESEEDING TIP

What an excellent idea :D Cheers :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. mcmac74

endless scarifying

I doubt it is anything to do with the mower. I scarify once a year and I could go on forever I think when doing it as it never seems to end the amount that comes out of it. I too have a flymo and...
    I doubt it is anything to do with the mower. I scarify once a year and I could go on forever I think when doing it as it never seems to end the amount that comes out of it. I too have a flymo and it does the job well. I cut it high at the begining of the season and lower later on. I can't lower...
    I doubt it is anything to do with the mower. I scarify once a year and I could go on forever I think when doing it as it never seems to end the amount that comes out of it. I too have a flymo and it does the job well. I cut it high at the...
    I doubt it is anything to do with the mower. I scarify once a year and I could go on forever I think when doing it as it never seems to end the amount that comes out of it. I too have a flymo and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Brada

Ground Elder in my lawn

Hi Brada & Welcome, Yes I think weed killer is the way as well. You could use the gel Glyphosate type that you paint on individual leaves. Very effective as well... :( But I would say...
    Hi Brada & Welcome, Yes I think weed killer is the way as well. You could use the gel Glyphosate type that you paint on individual leaves. Very effective as well... :( But I would say DO NOT :eek: mulch the clippings if you have ground elder in them as the tiniest bit will start...
    Hi Brada & Welcome, Yes I think weed killer is the way as well. You could use the gel Glyphosate type that you paint on individual leaves. Very effective as well... :( But I would say DO NOT :eek: mulch the clippings if you have...
    Hi Brada & Welcome, Yes I think weed killer is the way as well. You could use the gel Glyphosate type that you paint on individual leaves. Very effective as well... :( But I would say...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. thegooner

Lawn Maintenance help

Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more...
    Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more importantly,how long is the grass at present? David.
    Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more importantly,how long is the grass at present? David.
    Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mcmac74

lawn seed....canada green any good?

Canada green is fantastic i used it in the outher hebrides which has to deal with 100mph+ winds and driving rain which is full of salt from the atlantic and after 6 months i was having to mow the...
    Canada green is fantastic i used it in the outher hebrides which has to deal with 100mph+ winds and driving rain which is full of salt from the atlantic and after 6 months i was having to mow the lawn at least 3 times a week that was 5 years ago and apart from adding some evergreen complete once...
    Canada green is fantastic i used it in the outher hebrides which has to deal with 100mph+ winds and driving rain which is full of salt from the atlantic and after 6 months i was having to mow the lawn at least 3 times a week that was 5 years ago...
    Canada green is fantastic i used it in the outher hebrides which has to deal with 100mph+ winds and driving rain which is full of salt from the atlantic and after 6 months i was having to mow the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. dslo1234

Saving new lawn

Never been a believer in "all in one" products especially for lawns. I dont like pellets either, too many do's and don'ts. As Ive posted before, I use foliar feed treatments for lawns using a...
    Never been a believer in "all in one" products especially for lawns. I dont like pellets either, too many do's and don'ts. As Ive posted before, I use foliar feed treatments for lawns using a hose end sprayer every two or three weeks thro the growing season. This way you get even feed and...
    Never been a believer in "all in one" products especially for lawns. I dont like pellets either, too many do's and don'ts. As Ive posted before, I use foliar feed treatments for lawns using a hose end sprayer every two or three weeks thro the...
    Never been a believer in "all in one" products especially for lawns. I dont like pellets either, too many do's and don'ts. As Ive posted before, I use foliar feed treatments for lawns using a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mcmac74

(more) new lawn problems

Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all...
    Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all the rain and big patches looked dead! It now looks so much better and is really thick and green,...
    Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all the rain and big patches looked dead! It now looks...
    Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. cattwoman25

getting lines on lawns using flymo ?

hi dendrobiumyou know i have thought the very same thing my self it does look like normal grass and it does go flat if i sit on it maybe i will have to sit and get someone to drag me up and...
    hi dendrobiumyou know i have thought the very same thing my self it does look like normal grass and it does go flat if i sit on it maybe i will have to sit and get someone to drag me up and down it :D :D :D im slowly giving up on stripes
    hi dendrobiumyou know i have thought the very same thing my self it does look like normal grass and it does go flat if i sit on it maybe i will have to sit and get someone to drag me up and down it :D :D :D im slowly giving up on...
    hi dendrobiumyou know i have thought the very same thing my self it does look like normal grass and it does go flat if i sit on it maybe i will have to sit and get someone to drag me up and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. IMF

New lawn - Help

Once established any bumps can be delt with by slicing the turf over the bumpy area and rolling it back, clear out the offending bump and re lay. Ditto for a hollow but add compost
    Once established any bumps can be delt with by slicing the turf over the bumpy area and rolling it back, clear out the offending bump and re lay. Ditto for a hollow but add compost
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jb

Lawn problems - turfed in May, starting to thin with yellow/brown patches

After you have 'Wiggled' mix equal part of john innes soil compost with river[sharpe] sand and spread a thin layer over the surface and then sweep it into the holes. This will improve drainage...
    After you have 'Wiggled' mix equal part of john innes soil compost with river[sharpe] sand and spread a thin layer over the surface and then sweep it into the holes. This will improve drainage and get some structure beneathe the lawn. repeat over the years.Liquid feed the turf every two...
    After you have 'Wiggled' mix equal part of john innes soil compost with river[sharpe] sand and spread a thin layer over the surface and then sweep it into the holes. This will improve drainage and get some structure beneathe the lawn. repeat...
    After you have 'Wiggled' mix equal part of john innes soil compost with river[sharpe] sand and spread a thin layer over the surface and then sweep it into the holes. This will improve drainage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. accidentalgardener

Mushrooms on me lawn!

I've had mushroomss in the lawn, and I just left them to do there job of breaking down the rubbish that's in there. When they had done there job I got rid of the top part.
    I've had mushroomss in the lawn, and I just left them to do there job of breaking down the rubbish that's in there. When they had done there job I got rid of the top part.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wiseowl

Circular Lawn

Thanks Glen for your Input its appreciated, Who needs books when I have all my GC friends Here.
    Thanks Glen for your Input its appreciated, Who needs books when I have all my GC friends Here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. elliegreenwellie

Lawn Growing Asparagus!

Tell you what EGW,If you get anymore i will trade with you for the mushrooms growing on mine :D
    Tell you what EGW,If you get anymore i will trade with you for the mushrooms growing on mine :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. OogieBoogie

Chamomile Lawn

Thanks for your kind words. I was influenced by a raised herb garden when I was a teenager. I wasn't into gardening but my grandparents took me (no idea where it was). The first plant I...
    Thanks for your kind words. I was influenced by a raised herb garden when I was a teenager. I wasn't into gardening but my grandparents took me (no idea where it was). The first plant I remember which made an impression was a beautiful red Bergamot (Monarda) which had a wonderful scent - yet...
    Thanks for your kind words. I was influenced by a raised herb garden when I was a teenager. I wasn't into gardening but my grandparents took me (no idea where it was). The first plant I remember which made an impression was a beautiful red...
    Thanks for your kind words. I was influenced by a raised herb garden when I was a teenager. I wasn't into gardening but my grandparents took me (no idea where it was). The first plant I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Leonie

Sowing new lawn

Thank you so much, that's great advice!I've been trying to take out the biggest lumps, luckily there aren't too many big ones. Hopefully I'll be able to sow it in the next couple of weeks.
    Thank you so much, that's great advice!I've been trying to take out the biggest lumps, luckily there aren't too many big ones. Hopefully I'll be able to sow it in the next couple of weeks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Foxy2006

Grass is Dying

You can usually tell if the problem is through an applicatin that has been made of feed or killer, you will see the pattern in the lawn as say your arm swung as you applied.Patterns can tell you...
    You can usually tell if the problem is through an applicatin that has been made of feed or killer, you will see the pattern in the lawn as say your arm swung as you applied.Patterns can tell you alot about the cause of a problem.Donovan
    You can usually tell if the problem is through an applicatin that has been made of feed or killer, you will see the pattern in the lawn as say your arm swung as you applied.Patterns can tell you alot about the cause of a problem.Donovan
    You can usually tell if the problem is through an applicatin that has been made of feed or killer, you will see the pattern in the lawn as say your arm swung as you applied.Patterns can tell you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sidonie

Growing a lawn on top of silt?

Sidonie, I entirely agree, the worst thing you can do is add salt to a garden, this is why you should never use bulders sand in the garden either. David.
    Sidonie, I entirely agree, the worst thing you can do is add salt to a garden, this is why you should never use bulders sand in the garden either. David.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice