Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mcmac74

mushrooms in lawn

Me too, same problem.I just keep on mowing too - seems to do the trick.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. elliegreenwellie

New turf - flowering!

I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down...
    I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down for 4 weeks it may not be the best time to sort, but regular mowing should help. I would then in the...
    I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down for 4 weeks it may not be the best time to sort,...
    I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Foxy2006

Grass is Dying

hi foxyi used feed and weed on my lawn afew years back and that was 18 month old turf which also seemed to turn the grass slowly brown and it started to die, i put a little to much on and then...
    hi foxyi used feed and weed on my lawn afew years back and that was 18 month old turf which also seemed to turn the grass slowly brown and it started to die, i put a little to much on and then the sun kind of burnt it i think it tells you not to use in hot weather (might be wrong)i think plus...
    hi foxyi used feed and weed on my lawn afew years back and that was 18 month old turf which also seemed to turn the grass slowly brown and it started to die, i put a little to much on and then the sun kind of burnt it i think it tells you not...
    hi foxyi used feed and weed on my lawn afew years back and that was 18 month old turf which also seemed to turn the grass slowly brown and it started to die, i put a little to much on and then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SJ

What height to cut lawn

oh dear i practically shaved my lawn today! it grows so fast so i figure once in a while i cut it really low it wont need doing for a while... i only have a strimmer so dont have length settings.
    oh dear i practically shaved my lawn today! it grows so fast so i figure once in a while i cut it really low it wont need doing for a while... i only have a strimmer so dont have length settings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. penguin

Best way to level ground for turfing???

You need to rotovate first to give yourself any chance at all
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. carolla

lawns

is the dog yours?, this will be a continual prob if so. But you could buy a patch repair lawn kit from diy stores. Or more grass seed, then remove patches of burnt lawn, replace with some soil to...
    is the dog yours?, this will be a continual prob if so. But you could buy a patch repair lawn kit from diy stores. Or more grass seed, then remove patches of burnt lawn, replace with some soil to the same height as the lawn and sow seeds, following directions on packet. Place sticks around new...
    is the dog yours?, this will be a continual prob if so. But you could buy a patch repair lawn kit from diy stores. Or more grass seed, then remove patches of burnt lawn, replace with some soil to the same height as the lawn and sow seeds,...
    is the dog yours?, this will be a continual prob if so. But you could buy a patch repair lawn kit from diy stores. Or more grass seed, then remove patches of burnt lawn, replace with some soil to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. evokazz

Patchy Lawn

probally caused by different grass species in turf or seed mix,,personally i would not worry about it ,it will blend in over time
    probally caused by different grass species in turf or seed mix,,personally i would not worry about it ,it will blend in over time
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. penguin

preparing to turf

september is best gives the roots a chance to get going before the cold weather,,may is ok but your gonna have to water a few times a week in dry weather
    september is best gives the roots a chance to get going before the cold weather,,may is ok but your gonna have to water a few times a week in dry weather
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Geordie Don

Newly Turfed Lawn

dont take to much off on the first cut ,it will stess the sward better to cut a little and often rather than in one go
    dont take to much off on the first cut ,it will stess the sward better to cut a little and often rather than in one go
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Small orange giraffe

Rubbish lawn - no idea?!

Well after nearly 2 months, this is what our garden looks like now!The grass is almost recovered, need to reseed in a few places and cut and re-seed where the path used to be!Just to re-cap,...
    Well after nearly 2 months, this is what our garden looks like now!The grass is almost recovered, need to reseed in a few places and cut and re-seed where the path used to be!Just to re-cap, this is what it looked before:This is in-between (all the moss raked out, hardly any grass...
    Well after nearly 2 months, this is what our garden looks like now!The grass is almost recovered, need to reseed in a few places and cut and re-seed where the path used to be!Just to re-cap, this is what it looked before:This is...
    Well after nearly 2 months, this is what our garden looks like now!The grass is almost recovered, need to reseed in a few places and cut and re-seed where the path used to be!Just to re-cap,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nafe

Turf gawn wrong!!

Hi Nafe, I would be a bit nerveous about the black and mouldy bit. If the tuves are rotten then I would cut them out and dispose. Fill with John innes number 2 and re seed. If the root...
    Hi Nafe, I would be a bit nerveous about the black and mouldy bit. If the tuves are rotten then I would cut them out and dispose. Fill with John innes number 2 and re seed. If the root structure within the turf shows signs of life ie whiteish shoots then they may come back later. Grass is...
    Hi Nafe, I would be a bit nerveous about the black and mouldy bit. If the tuves are rotten then I would cut them out and dispose. Fill with John innes number 2 and re seed. If the root structure within the turf shows signs of life ie whiteish...
    Hi Nafe, I would be a bit nerveous about the black and mouldy bit. If the tuves are rotten then I would cut them out and dispose. Fill with John innes number 2 and re seed. If the root...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. richierobot

lush lawn sos!!

Not sure what type of lawn your after? Bowling green or utility without weeds. I think the experts would advise that moss killing and feeding are seperate jobs and best done with seperate...
    Not sure what type of lawn your after? Bowling green or utility without weeds. I think the experts would advise that moss killing and feeding are seperate jobs and best done with seperate products. Try looking at www.gardenwizard.co.uk they do liquid lawn feeds and moss killers. They advised...
    Not sure what type of lawn your after? Bowling green or utility without weeds. I think the experts would advise that moss killing and feeding are seperate jobs and best done with seperate products. Try looking at www.gardenwizard.co.uk they do...
    Not sure what type of lawn your after? Bowling green or utility without weeds. I think the experts would advise that moss killing and feeding are seperate jobs and best done with seperate...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. blue

Lawn

Thanks John will give that a go this weekend!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. eggs

Patchy Lawn

If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've...
    If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've just got myself a mulcher mower to help out patchy grass in a simple and effective way (it also...
    If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've just got myself a mulcher mower to help out patchy...
    If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. daisybelle

I'd like daisies in my lawn

Shiney, what about this one.....here....or even..... or hereThere's also a place I've driven through called Midcowbog, but nobody ever believes that, and neither does Multimap!
    Shiney, what about this one.....here....or even..... or hereThere's also a place I've driven through called Midcowbog, but nobody ever believes that, and neither does Multimap!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Paladin

Easy Mowing

Try freecycle! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lolopo

My strange bumpy lawn!!

Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a...
    Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a tough rooting system) that will throw up new shoots at any opportunity. It's the main culprit for the...
    Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a tough rooting system) that will throw up new shoots...
    Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. robbsy1

Lawn after patio

hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or...
    hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or 100mm would be ample , however sharp sand used for concreting mixed with poor soils is always an...
    hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or 100mm would be ample , however sharp sand used...
    hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. mcmac74

All grass gone

Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap...
    Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap root and the builders rubble was too dense in places. Bit of a nightmare. I have over 70 full bricks...
    Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap root and the builders rubble was too dense in...
    Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. AngelaMcG

Turf vs Astroturf

I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over...
    I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over astro turf - with two small boys, twould require a bit of maintenance to keep looking clean.
    I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over astro turf - with two small boys, twould require a...
    I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice