1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. eggs

Patchy Lawn

If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've...
    If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've just got myself a mulcher mower to help out patchy grass in a simple and effective way (it also...
    If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've just got myself a mulcher mower to help out patchy...
    If the grass is dry enough when you cut, leave the clippings on the grass, as a lot of them will grow too - as anyone who's had to weed out borders or gravel beside the lawn will estify to!I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. daisybelle

I'd like daisies in my lawn

Shiney, what about this one.....here....or even..... or hereThere's also a place I've driven through called Midcowbog, but nobody ever believes that, and neither does Multimap!
    Shiney, what about this one.....here....or even..... or hereThere's also a place I've driven through called Midcowbog, but nobody ever believes that, and neither does Multimap!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paladin

Easy Mowing

Try freecycle! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lolopo

My strange bumpy lawn!!

Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a...
    Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a tough rooting system) that will throw up new shoots at any opportunity. It's the main culprit for the...
    Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a tough rooting system) that will throw up new shoots...
    Couch, (ususally pronounced 'cooch') twitch, scutch or a number of other local or less polite names (Latin name Elymus repens) is a very invasive coarse grass that forms underground rhizomes (a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. robbsy1

Lawn after patio

hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or...
    hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or 100mm would be ample , however sharp sand used for concreting mixed with poor soils is always an...
    hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or 100mm would be ample , however sharp sand used...
    hi robbsy builders yellow sand for laying bricks is no good , cement even when hardened is worse , turf for lawns is cut very thin and the roots need a good few inches of soil to root in 3 - 4 or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mcmac74

All grass gone

Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap...
    Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap root and the builders rubble was too dense in places. Bit of a nightmare. I have over 70 full bricks...
    Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap root and the builders rubble was too dense in...
    Thanks composteeWill buying a particular turf help prevent weed regrowth? I'm really not sure how many weeds i fully got out. I dug down almost 2 feet in places but still didn't get to the tap...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. AngelaMcG

Turf vs Astroturf

I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over...
    I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over astro turf - with two small boys, twould require a bit of maintenance to keep looking clean.
    I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over astro turf - with two small boys, twould require a...
    I'd take you time, and get a decent lawn by lifting the slaps, preparing the ground and then turfing - or get a professional to do it for you.Methinks it will pay off in the longer term, over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Joanann

My poorly lawn

Thanks, will keep you posted on my progress.Joanann
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Merroney

How do I turn my lawn, that looks like a field, back to it's former glory?

Hi MerroneyThis link might help you! http://www.lawnuk.co.uk/cgi-bin/showpage.cgi?info.htm Hope it helps. Sean
    Hi MerroneyThis link might help you! http://www.lawnuk.co.uk/cgi-bin/showpage.cgi?info.htm Hope it helps. Sean
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. warped

reseeding grass and levelling lawn

I use exactly the same technique Dendy - boring job, but well worth the effort, even in my weed patch.
    I use exactly the same technique Dendy - boring job, but well worth the effort, even in my weed patch.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. compost maker

when to cut crocus filled lawn

Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut...
    Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut over sometime in June. Seems to work for them and we have glorious displays of spring bulbs every...
    Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut over sometime in June. Seems to work for them and...
    Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. daisybelle

Alternatives to grass

my friend was also fed up with her lawn ,so she opted for artificial turf,sounds terrible looks great :D
    my friend was also fed up with her lawn ,so she opted for artificial turf,sounds terrible looks great :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mcmac74

new house, bad lawn, please help...

ThanksI've begun turning over the area and removing moss, weeds and old grass....its hard work but should be clear to rotovate next week. Is a 26mm depth gonna be good enough? Looked at HSS and...
    ThanksI've begun turning over the area and removing moss, weeds and old grass....its hard work but should be clear to rotovate next week. Is a 26mm depth gonna be good enough? Looked at HSS and thats the only one they do.Two other things...do i need to put any weed killer treatment on the...
    ThanksI've begun turning over the area and removing moss, weeds and old grass....its hard work but should be clear to rotovate next week. Is a 26mm depth gonna be good enough? Looked at HSS and thats the only one they do.Two other things...do...
    ThanksI've begun turning over the area and removing moss, weeds and old grass....its hard work but should be clear to rotovate next week. Is a 26mm depth gonna be good enough? Looked at HSS and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dillydo

Moss in Lawns

Apparantly the correct height to cut the lawn is one inch, if you scalp it moss is encouraged to grow.Good tip from the GreenThumb man :D
    Apparantly the correct height to cut the lawn is one inch, if you scalp it moss is encouraged to grow.Good tip from the GreenThumb man :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. compost maker

Lawn cutting HELP

Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Barry D.

Raised Lawn

Can't think of a cheap alternative, but to bring in soil in the quantity required by the lorry load, as this is cheap when buying in bulk form.
    Can't think of a cheap alternative, but to bring in soil in the quantity required by the lorry load, as this is cheap when buying in bulk form.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. davesporty

soggy dirty lawn

I would wait till dryer weather and fork the lawn to aerate it. I assume the lawn is not boggy all the time? If it is, then fork and apply lawn sand to help drainage. At the end of the year and...
    I would wait till dryer weather and fork the lawn to aerate it. I assume the lawn is not boggy all the time? If it is, then fork and apply lawn sand to help drainage. At the end of the year and every year give it a good scarify to get rid of old thatch that accumulates over the season.
    I would wait till dryer weather and fork the lawn to aerate it. I assume the lawn is not boggy all the time? If it is, then fork and apply lawn sand to help drainage. At the end of the year and every year give it a good scarify to get rid of old...
    I would wait till dryer weather and fork the lawn to aerate it. I assume the lawn is not boggy all the time? If it is, then fork and apply lawn sand to help drainage. At the end of the year and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pollyanne

lawns

Hi Pollyanne, i mowed someones lawn today- it certainly seems to have started growing early this year. I understand that the growing point of grass varies dependant on the time of year, so if you...
    Hi Pollyanne, i mowed someones lawn today- it certainly seems to have started growing early this year. I understand that the growing point of grass varies dependant on the time of year, so if you go too short (when the growing point is high) it shocks it quite bad and it takes a fair while to...
    Hi Pollyanne, i mowed someones lawn today- it certainly seems to have started growing early this year. I understand that the growing point of grass varies dependant on the time of year, so if you go too short (when the growing point is high) it...
    Hi Pollyanne, i mowed someones lawn today- it certainly seems to have started growing early this year. I understand that the growing point of grass varies dependant on the time of year, so if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Stingo

Anyone cut their lawn yet?

Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the...
    Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the excess water drops to ground level then it makes it that bit drier cutting it later
    Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the excess water drops to ground level then it makes it...
    Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Elle T

What Grass Seed to use? HELP!

It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem too, although I didn't particularly want to lay grass on the soil. What I did was to dig over the...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem too, although I didn't particularly want to lay...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice