Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Elle T

What Grass Seed to use? HELP!

It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem too, although I didn't particularly want to lay grass on the soil. What I did was to dig over the...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem too, although I didn't particularly want to lay...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lynne

lawnsmart

Hi LynneI've just had a leaflet through the door for greenthumb and was thinking about making some enquiries as my lawn is awful at the moment.So you found them good at first but not so much...
    Hi LynneI've just had a leaflet through the door for greenthumb and was thinking about making some enquiries as my lawn is awful at the moment.So you found them good at first but not so much now?Sorry I can't help you with Lawnsmart
    Hi LynneI've just had a leaflet through the door for greenthumb and was thinking about making some enquiries as my lawn is awful at the moment.So you found them good at first but not so much now?Sorry I can't help you with Lawnsmart
    Hi LynneI've just had a leaflet through the door for greenthumb and was thinking about making some enquiries as my lawn is awful at the moment.So you found them good at first but not so much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jayce_K

Advice welcomed on grass/weed removal..

Morning! Firstly - congrats on getting that job!! (I was workless for quite a while, so I know how lousy it is!)I've used Roundup on the farmyard here, and it worked. The weeds died. And...
    Morning! Firstly - congrats on getting that job!! (I was workless for quite a while, so I know how lousy it is!)I've used Roundup on the farmyard here, and it worked. The weeds died. And yes, it does get neutralised by the soil. I know because a new lot of weeds has come back!! :( ...
    Morning! Firstly - congrats on getting that job!! (I was workless for quite a while, so I know how lousy it is!)I've used Roundup on the farmyard here, and it worked. The weeds died. And yes, it does get neutralised by the soil. I know...
    Morning! Firstly - congrats on getting that job!! (I was workless for quite a while, so I know how lousy it is!)I've used Roundup on the farmyard here, and it worked. The weeds died. And...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jane Louise

Sowing grass seed in March

remember dont sow the seed too thickly or damping off may occur
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. daisybelle

Putting sand on lawns

I use a medium fine sand.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. oldwinegum

after thirty five i need to improve the lawn. Help!!

Do a Springtime feed & weed, plus aerating, or else call Green Thumb to do it all for you!!
    Do a Springtime feed & weed, plus aerating, or else call Green Thumb to do it all for you!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Tiarella

Lawn help please

Update: Green Thumb called me today to say they DO do my area They are coming round on Saturday to do a free assessment! Yipeeeeeeeeee.
    Update: Green Thumb called me today to say they DO do my area They are coming round on Saturday to do a free assessment! Yipeeeeeeeeee.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. The Lawn Man

Lawn Pests

Starlings and blackbirds will keep leather jackets under control. Chemicals kill friends and foes indiscriminately and will make your garden a wildlife-free zone. You will be ever more ...
    Starlings and blackbirds will keep leather jackets under control. Chemicals kill friends and foes indiscriminately and will make your garden a wildlife-free zone. You will be ever more dependent on poisons and locked into an arms race that you can never win.
    Starlings and blackbirds will keep leather jackets under control. Chemicals kill friends and foes indiscriminately and will make your garden a wildlife-free zone. You will be ever more dependent on poisons and locked into an arms race ...
    Starlings and blackbirds will keep leather jackets under control. Chemicals kill friends and foes indiscriminately and will make your garden a wildlife-free zone. You will be ever more ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. carleton

lawns

Exactly the same question has been asked before by you, Carleton - I know I ansewred it! Have you lost it? :D (I've a feeling this is actually the third time, but I don't know where...
    Exactly the same question has been asked before by you, Carleton - I know I ansewred it! Have you lost it? :D (I've a feeling this is actually the third time, but I don't know where that one is :rolleyes: )Here it is!...
    Exactly the same question has been asked before by you, Carleton - I know I ansewred it! Have you lost it? :D (I've a feeling this is actually the third time, but I don't know where that one is :rolleyes: )Here it is!...
    Exactly the same question has been asked before by you, Carleton - I know I ansewred it! Have you lost it? :D (I've a feeling this is actually the third time, but I don't know where...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. chelsea

RE-SEEDING LAWNS

Thanks. I will follow your suggestion re weedkiller, and wait to re-seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. carleton

re turfing lawn

If the old lawn was unsatisfactory then you wonder why. Very oftem with a house there is a load of rubbish left by the builders with just a thin layer of soil and then the turf. On my old house I...
    If the old lawn was unsatisfactory then you wonder why. Very oftem with a house there is a load of rubbish left by the builders with just a thin layer of soil and then the turf. On my old house I dug up the entire back garden - it was a rubbish lawn on heavy clay. I double dug the whole lot and...
    If the old lawn was unsatisfactory then you wonder why. Very oftem with a house there is a load of rubbish left by the builders with just a thin layer of soil and then the turf. On my old house I dug up the entire back garden - it was a rubbish...
    If the old lawn was unsatisfactory then you wonder why. Very oftem with a house there is a load of rubbish left by the builders with just a thin layer of soil and then the turf. On my old house I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. daveyp

is it safe??

:D That's families for you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Davidthegardener

Lawns

Any tips on raising it?The lawn is maybe 40ft by 50ft and flat as a pancake. If I did raise it, what height would be best? a few inches or is more than that better? and how would that effect...
    Any tips on raising it?The lawn is maybe 40ft by 50ft and flat as a pancake. If I did raise it, what height would be best? a few inches or is more than that better? and how would that effect the flower beds? and even worse how would it affect my nighbours garden?I have thought about digging...
    Any tips on raising it?The lawn is maybe 40ft by 50ft and flat as a pancake. If I did raise it, what height would be best? a few inches or is more than that better? and how would that effect the flower beds? and even worse how would it affect...
    Any tips on raising it?The lawn is maybe 40ft by 50ft and flat as a pancake. If I did raise it, what height would be best? a few inches or is more than that better? and how would that effect...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SJ

Best treatment for lawns

i would say fill with sharp sand help break up the clay
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Foxy2006

Patchy Lawn / Best way to grow from seed

The best time to re-seed is autumn or spring when the soil is moist and warm. Or you could re-turf the patches. Cut a piece of turf just a little bit bigger than the patch in the shape of a square...
    The best time to re-seed is autumn or spring when the soil is moist and warm. Or you could re-turf the patches. Cut a piece of turf just a little bit bigger than the patch in the shape of a square and place over the patch. Cut around the patch, using the turf as a template, so a perfect fit is...
    The best time to re-seed is autumn or spring when the soil is moist and warm. Or you could re-turf the patches. Cut a piece of turf just a little bit bigger than the patch in the shape of a square and place over the patch. Cut around the patch,...
    The best time to re-seed is autumn or spring when the soil is moist and warm. Or you could re-turf the patches. Cut a piece of turf just a little bit bigger than the patch in the shape of a square...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. kasabian

New turf at this cold time

A friend of mine says that the winter is a busy time for professionals laying turf on things like golf courses when they are not busy. I believe as long as the ground is not covered in snow it is...
    A friend of mine says that the winter is a busy time for professionals laying turf on things like golf courses when they are not busy. I believe as long as the ground is not covered in snow it is ok to lay turf and once down a frost will not cause significant halm. [ 19. January 2007, 08:40...
    A friend of mine says that the winter is a busy time for professionals laying turf on things like golf courses when they are not busy. I believe as long as the ground is not covered in snow it is ok to lay turf and once down a frost will not...
    A friend of mine says that the winter is a busy time for professionals laying turf on things like golf courses when they are not busy. I believe as long as the ground is not covered in snow it is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Garden Apprentice

Replacing an old lawn with turf

Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to...
    Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to use water retaining crystals and another turf. Hope this helps [ 19. January 2007, 08:39 PM:...
    Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to use water retaining crystals and another turf....
    Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. staffordshaun

dogs ruined lawn

many thanks, getting a new puppy early last year has revitalised my old bitch ( 7 y.o.) they spend all day tearing around chasing one another and play fighting, even after they've been out for a...
    many thanks, getting a new puppy early last year has revitalised my old bitch ( 7 y.o.) they spend all day tearing around chasing one another and play fighting, even after they've been out for a run with me on my push bikeShaun www.staffordspringgardenshow.co.uk
    many thanks, getting a new puppy early last year has revitalised my old bitch ( 7 y.o.) they spend all day tearing around chasing one another and play fighting, even after they've been out for a run with me on my push...
    many thanks, getting a new puppy early last year has revitalised my old bitch ( 7 y.o.) they spend all day tearing around chasing one another and play fighting, even after they've been out for a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. gavinh

Laying a new lawn on a previously mature garden

I was really after an alternative method. I am concerned the soil will block the pores of the geotextile membrane and prevent the lawn from draining. thanks
    I was really after an alternative method. I am concerned the soil will block the pores of the geotextile membrane and prevent the lawn from draining. thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. r2oo

Sparse soggy Lawn!!

dont brush lawn sand into the lawn ,this contains chemical to kill moss and weeds and will burn the grass if applied as a top dressing,,use sharp sand
    dont brush lawn sand into the lawn ,this contains chemical to kill moss and weeds and will burn the grass if applied as a top dressing,,use sharp sand
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice