Lawns

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. kazzawazza

Brown patches on the lawn

Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses the lawn and unfortunately we have brown patches as a result.Does anybody have any advice on how...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses the lawn and unfortunately we have brown patches as...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. russjet

brown patches on newly laid lawn

I doubt over watering will be the probem, it sounds more like the brown areas need more consolidation, idd lift a corner and have a look.If needs lift them, put some extra soil under and...
    I doubt over watering will be the probem, it sounds more like the brown areas need more consolidation, idd lift a corner and have a look.If needs lift them, put some extra soil under and consolidate.
    I doubt over watering will be the probem, it sounds more like the brown areas need more consolidation, idd lift a corner and have a look.If needs lift them, put some extra soil under and consolidate.
    I doubt over watering will be the probem, it sounds more like the brown areas need more consolidation, idd lift a corner and have a look.If needs lift them, put some extra soil under and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. hedgefog

Brown patches in the lawn

Thank you for informative and helpful advice. Will follow your instruction, and will wait and see. cheers :)
    Thank you for informative and helpful advice. Will follow your instruction, and will wait and see. cheers :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. docb

brown base to lawn

also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then...
    also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then there are all the different types in between.
    also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then there are all the different types in between.
    also you have to remember that not all turf is the same. At the two ends of the scale you have meadow turf which likes to be left long and golf green turf which wants cutting twice a day, then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. MUFC68908

Bringing lawn back to life.

Not quite the same thing, but the same idea. Worth a shot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. akki007

Brick, soil, turf

If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the...
    If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the bricks for anything? If they are in reasonable condition then think twice about throwing them away -...
    If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the bricks for anything? If they are in reasonable...
    If the bricks are like a wall under the soil then you really have no choice but to remove them I'm afraid. They will prevent the grass from growing properly and affect drainage. Can you use the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. d4gl15h

Brick edging for a sloped lawn

hi there thanks for the reply the garden is not on a huge slope just slightly I have tried to include a photo and as for size I think it has an area of about 50 meters give or take I am just...
    hi there thanks for the reply the garden is not on a huge slope just slightly I have tried to include a photo and as for size I think it has an area of about 50 meters give or take I am just wanting it for the larger lawn hope this gives u a better idea of my plans.
    hi there thanks for the reply the garden is not on a huge slope just slightly I have tried to include a photo and as for size I think it has an area of about 50 meters give or take I am just wanting it for the larger lawn hope this gives u a...
    hi there thanks for the reply the garden is not on a huge slope just slightly I have tried to include a photo and as for size I think it has an area of about 50 meters give or take I am just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JustKia

Breathing Life Into An Old Lawn

If you chuck down a couple of bags of sharp sand now, and then rake that it, it will rip the moss out by the handful. How much to use is a matter of judgement based on loads of factors. As long as...
    If you chuck down a couple of bags of sharp sand now, and then rake that it, it will rip the moss out by the handful. How much to use is a matter of judgement based on loads of factors. As long as you don't leave the grass actually buried, I don't think you can over do it. I once enlisted the...
    If you chuck down a couple of bags of sharp sand now, and then rake that it, it will rip the moss out by the handful. How much to use is a matter of judgement based on loads of factors. As long as you don't leave the grass actually buried, I...
    If you chuck down a couple of bags of sharp sand now, and then rake that it, it will rip the moss out by the handful. How much to use is a matter of judgement based on loads of factors. As long as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Whitehawk

Bosch Rotak 37 Ergoflex Rotary Lawnmower

Great! Feel reassured now :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Paladin

Borage in my lawn?

Borage it is then :DI haven't ever had to treat Borage so I don't know how effective a weed and feed would be. Personally I prefer to do the two things separately, using a broad spectrum...
    Borage it is then :DI haven't ever had to treat Borage so I don't know how effective a weed and feed would be. Personally I prefer to do the two things separately, using a broad spectrum selective weed killer. I wouldn't worry too much about the clover though - anything short of Agent Orange...
    Borage it is then :DI haven't ever had to treat Borage so I don't know how effective a weed and feed would be. Personally I prefer to do the two things separately, using a broad spectrum selective weed killer. I wouldn't worry too much about...
    Borage it is then :DI haven't ever had to treat Borage so I don't know how effective a weed and feed would be. Personally I prefer to do the two things separately, using a broad spectrum...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. r2oo

Boggy Lawn

Your idea may work, but not if the water table is high anyway. What I'd do is dig a small test hole and see if it fills with water. Doing a test hole over winter is a good time to see what...
    Your idea may work, but not if the water table is high anyway. What I'd do is dig a small test hole and see if it fills with water. Doing a test hole over winter is a good time to see what happens. If you have a high water table then a soak away won't really help, you will need to drain it off...
    Your idea may work, but not if the water table is high anyway. What I'd do is dig a small test hole and see if it fills with water. Doing a test hole over winter is a good time to see what happens. If you have a high water table then a soak away...
    Your idea may work, but not if the water table is high anyway. What I'd do is dig a small test hole and see if it fills with water. Doing a test hole over winter is a good time to see what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. GYO newbie

Boggy lawn

Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and...
    Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and it's going to be a nightmare to do anything worth while with that part of your lawn, so here's what...
    Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and it's going to be a nightmare to do anything worth...
    Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Emmett Murphy

Blotchy yellow patches in a new lawn (8 months old)

Good for you. And glad to hear the dog is 100%.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. KLY

Block Paving to become a lawn?

I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late...
    I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late July, the grass would die off over the cesspit and you could see its exact outline. The greater the...
    I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late July, the grass would die off over the cesspit and you...
    I agree with Pro Gard - to just lift the block paving and put turf down would be unwise. I used to live in a house with a disused brick cesspit under the lawn, about 200-250mm down. By late...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tim Shields

Blending grass

I did say 'if we're lucky' Tim. :heehee: I've got similar weather to you here and I don't think it's going to improve either. Today the island has fog, rain and 13C.....that's not summer!Book the good...
    I did say 'if we're lucky' Tim. :heehee: I've got similar weather to you here and I don't think it's going to improve either. Today the island has fog, rain and 13C.....that's not summer!Book the good weather for me please, I'm in Scotland in September! :)
    I did say 'if we're lucky' Tim. :heehee: I've got similar weather to you here and I don't think it's going to improve either. Today the island has fog, rain and 13C.....that's not summer!Book the good weather for me please, I'm in Scotland in September! :)
    I did say 'if we're lucky' Tim. :heehee: I've got similar weather to you here and I don't think it's going to improve either. Today the island has fog, rain and 13C.....that's not summer!Book the good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Passport1

Blank spots on lawn

August 2014? That would suggest it's 10 months out of date. If this is the case then it's unlikely to germinate.Your lawn looks quite long Passport1 I suggest you give it a cut, it won't hurt...
    August 2014? That would suggest it's 10 months out of date. If this is the case then it's unlikely to germinate.Your lawn looks quite long Passport1 I suggest you give it a cut, it won't hurt for the mower to run over the bare patches until the new grass comes through. :)Sadly it does look...
    August 2014? That would suggest it's 10 months out of date. If this is the case then it's unlikely to germinate.Your lawn looks quite long Passport1 I suggest you give it a cut, it won't hurt for the mower to run over the bare patches until the...
    August 2014? That would suggest it's 10 months out of date. If this is the case then it's unlikely to germinate.Your lawn looks quite long Passport1 I suggest you give it a cut, it won't hurt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Trigger

Black spots on lawn

To be honest probes are used for rough ideas, normally a soil sample test is best but on a site that can work out expensive as you are testing different areas. That way you can find out what’s...
    To be honest probes are used for rough ideas, normally a soil sample test is best but on a site that can work out expensive as you are testing different areas. That way you can find out what’s best to apply but I only have a few customers that go to that degree. Soil pH Meter | Agronomy Tools |...
    To be honest probes are used for rough ideas, normally a soil sample test is best but on a site that can work out expensive as you are testing different areas. That way you can find out what’s best to apply but I only have a few customers that go...
    To be honest probes are used for rough ideas, normally a soil sample test is best but on a site that can work out expensive as you are testing different areas. That way you can find out what’s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. cronley

Black Spots in Lawn

Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I...
    Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I only give it one dose of 7-6-17 per year, is this OK/sufficient. Sure, it is continuously damp in...
    Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I only give it one dose of 7-6-17 per year, is this...
    Did not think lawn was compacted. Only compaction, is me cutting it for 30 years, plus kids growing up, playing on it. Re closely shorne - I have always cut it at 350 mm. Hungry - maybe yes - I...
    Lawn problem July 2012 006.JPG Lawn Black Spots.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JennyS

Black splodges & worm casts on lawn?

Thanks, will try again with the photo's. On one patch, there are thick, oily black patches on/mixed up in the grass. Then next to and on top, there are these flat, round coils/spirals which then...
    Thanks, will try again with the photo's. On one patch, there are thick, oily black patches on/mixed up in the grass. Then next to and on top, there are these flat, round coils/spirals which then go white on top as if going mouldy. Will try again with pics!
    Thanks, will try again with the photo's. On one patch, there are thick, oily black patches on/mixed up in the grass. Then next to and on top, there are these flat, round coils/spirals which then go white on top as if going mouldy. Will try again...
    Thanks, will try again with the photo's. On one patch, there are thick, oily black patches on/mixed up in the grass. Then next to and on top, there are these flat, round coils/spirals which then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. shopgirl771

black mold/spores on grass???

It sounds like an algae to me, pics would be very useful.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice