1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. greengiant

Turf

I'm not sure what you are asking for here. What do you mean by low and medium grades?
    I'm not sure what you are asking for here. What do you mean by low and medium grades?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Passport1

Spots on lawn where moss was lawn seed hasnt germinated on

Hi, perhaps there was some residual moss killer still there, i would try again this autumn.
    Hi, perhaps there was some residual moss killer still there, i would try again this autumn.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Debzy

How to create a lawn?

Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I...
    Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I think I'll splash out and get the posh stuff!
    Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I think I'll splash out and get the posh stuff!
    Thank you all for your helpful advice I have browsed around online and was wondering if I should go for the ornamental or standard type. The front garden will get very little wear and tear so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. thegooner

Lawn Maintenance help

Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more...
    Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more importantly,how long is the grass at present? David.
    Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more importantly,how long is the grass at present? David.
    Hi thegooner and welcome. Firstly scarify, secondly aerate, thirdly add your top dressing and sweep this into the holes you made while aerating. Why do you need to overseed? But, more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. mattd

moving lawn

thats sort of what i planned to do. is it worth soaking so wet and rolling it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sarah Eley

Unknown lawn fungus

Perfect reply! Dog lichen round the drip line of the decking above. Me. Fork. Sand. Happy week ahead!
    Perfect reply! Dog lichen round the drip line of the decking above. Me. Fork. Sand. Happy week ahead!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jachu

What have I done to my lawn

For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly...
    For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly rake again to get the seed down to the soil (as it won't grow stuck to the leaves of other grass...
    For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly rake again to get the seed down to the soil (as it...
    For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lacey Syms

Bald atches on lawn

Hi Just give a good feed and re-seed spike it first before you put the seed down and the seed when growing will look like a mini hair transplant buy seeds that likes shade (DONT USE WEED AND...
    Hi Just give a good feed and re-seed spike it first before you put the seed down and the seed when growing will look like a mini hair transplant buy seeds that likes shade (DONT USE WEED AND FEED WHEN PUTTING NEW SEED DOWN IT WILL KILL THE NEW GRASS) The bark around the edge wont help it...
    Hi Just give a good feed and re-seed spike it first before you put the seed down and the seed when growing will look like a mini hair transplant buy seeds that likes shade (DONT USE WEED AND FEED WHEN PUTTING NEW SEED DOWN IT WILL KILL THE NEW...
    Hi Just give a good feed and re-seed spike it first before you put the seed down and the seed when growing will look like a mini hair transplant buy seeds that likes shade (DONT USE WEED AND...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. David Pinkerton

Moss removal

Welcome to Gardeners Corner David. :) If you intend to use a weed, feed and moss killer then it would be best done now before you lay grass seed. Leaving it until later in the year could weaken the...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner David. :) If you intend to use a weed, feed and moss killer then it would be best done now before you lay grass seed. Leaving it until later in the year could weaken the new grass. Whenever I have to re-seed or on the rare occasion replace a lawn I don't use any...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner David. :) If you intend to use a weed, feed and moss killer then it would be best done now before you lay grass seed. Leaving it until later in the year could weaken the new grass. Whenever I have to re-seed or on the...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner David. :) If you intend to use a weed, feed and moss killer then it would be best done now before you lay grass seed. Leaving it until later in the year could weaken the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ricky101

Which Lawn Seed ?

Tricky question! Skip the rye as you probably already have it, go for the slender bladed types often found in the 'luxury' mixes
    Tricky question! Skip the rye as you probably already have it, go for the slender bladed types often found in the 'luxury' mixes
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. IainC

Lawn Imrovements

Most broad-leaved weeds can't be outcompeted though. Dandelions, daisies, buttercups and plantain are the usual culprits, but if your lawn is bad then you could also have nettle, dead nettle,...
    Most broad-leaved weeds can't be outcompeted though. Dandelions, daisies, buttercups and plantain are the usual culprits, but if your lawn is bad then you could also have nettle, dead nettle, bugle, field balm, mallow, various types of thistle, and so on. Mowing generally won't shift them once...
    Most broad-leaved weeds can't be outcompeted though. Dandelions, daisies, buttercups and plantain are the usual culprits, but if your lawn is bad then you could also have nettle, dead nettle, bugle, field balm, mallow, various types of thistle,...
    Most broad-leaved weeds can't be outcompeted though. Dandelions, daisies, buttercups and plantain are the usual culprits, but if your lawn is bad then you could also have nettle, dead nettle,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Angelo_R

Glyphosating an grass overgrown raised bed area

You can plant "straight away", so to speak, but in practice I think it is best to wait 2 weeks, by which time you should be able to see where the grass is dying, and decide if you have covered...
    You can plant "straight away", so to speak, but in practice I think it is best to wait 2 weeks, by which time you should be able to see where the grass is dying, and decide if you have covered everything, or if there are some bits you missed and need to have another go at. I would then wait a...
    You can plant "straight away", so to speak, but in practice I think it is best to wait 2 weeks, by which time you should be able to see where the grass is dying, and decide if you have covered everything, or if there are some bits you missed and...
    You can plant "straight away", so to speak, but in practice I think it is best to wait 2 weeks, by which time you should be able to see where the grass is dying, and decide if you have covered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lawnmowerman

Applying Fertiser to a lawn

Hi Lawnmowerman,Yes, you can add a granular fertiliser, but you're right, you ought to use a straight fertiliser without added selective weed killer.There's no need to wait before applying...
    Hi Lawnmowerman,Yes, you can add a granular fertiliser, but you're right, you ought to use a straight fertiliser without added selective weed killer.There's no need to wait before applying fertiliser - so go for it, but don't overdo it or you'll be mowing 5 times a week ;)
    Hi Lawnmowerman,Yes, you can add a granular fertiliser, but you're right, you ought to use a straight fertiliser without added selective weed killer.There's no need to wait before applying fertiliser - so go for it, but don't overdo it or...
    Hi Lawnmowerman,Yes, you can add a granular fertiliser, but you're right, you ought to use a straight fertiliser without added selective weed killer.There's no need to wait before applying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. FILBS234

Patchy Lawn

Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no...
    Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no time at all along with the urine stains it was a right mess,anyway we have bought some more land now...
    Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no time at all along with the urine stains it was a...
    Hi David and thank you,yes we do have a very large German Shepard,and to explain last year when we moved to this address we had the lawn turfed and our big foot turned it into a quaqmire in no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tim Shields

Bad turf recovery

Thanks guys - yeah, will keep on with the watering and hope it come through in the end, just wasnt sure how to long before giving it up as a not going to happen.
    Thanks guys - yeah, will keep on with the watering and hope it come through in the end, just wasnt sure how to long before giving it up as a not going to happen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wade

Is my soil ready to turf?

Hello and welcome wade, I agree with Spruce & Sheal :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ashley Owen

Lawn is Ruined.

I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love...
    I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love the clover and it is green! From far away it looks not too bad, in reality! Growing the perfect lawn...
    I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love the clover and it is green! From far away it looks...
    I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. completely green but keen

Laying a new lawn - a different problem

On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be...
    On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be removed before the final raking of the soil . :thumb:
    On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be removed before the final raking of the soil . :thumb:
    On Gardeners Question Time today they were saying it is nearly time for new lawns ,to do all the ground work and allow the soil to settle, dig it over and then, any weeds that come through can be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. SJ

Best treatment for lawns

i would say fill with sharp sand help break up the clay
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Grey-ghost

Selective Weedkiller Recommendations

My plan is to apply a selective weed killer, scarify then top dress and seed. I may also hire a hollow tine machine to air the lawn.
    My plan is to apply a selective weed killer, scarify then top dress and seed. I may also hire a hollow tine machine to air the lawn.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice