1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mowgley

turf preparation

thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to...
    thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to remove 4 hardy fuchsia's from the corners of the old lawn, do these root deeply? Will they start to...
    thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to remove 4 hardy fuchsia's from the corners of the old...
    thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. pollyanne

newly turfed lawnf

Cool jazid, good to see you back mate. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Honey

GRASS

Well, that is a lot of work. Be sure you get every scrap of root out, otherwise you may find you have a lawn with patches of whatever this is coming through it.
    Well, that is a lot of work. Be sure you get every scrap of root out, otherwise you may find you have a lawn with patches of whatever this is coming through it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. MJME

Lawn woes

MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting...
    MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting new things will add more variety and colour.Think I'm going to do mine in the spring though.Stingo
    MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting new things will add more variety and colour.Think...
    MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gogs

Grasses

Any ideas where i can buy some tall growing varigated grasses,i stupidly left some at our previous home
    Any ideas where i can buy some tall growing varigated grasses,i stupidly left some at our previous home
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. elainem

Smelly Lawn

EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean...
    EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean Casualy Department :cool: ) It's my weapon of choice for anything mossy, green and slimey or smelling of...
    EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean Casualy Department :cool: ) It's my weapon of choice...
    EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. windy miller

removing lawn from around cordylines

Thanks Pete and Fancy, It's crucial to my garden plan that the grass has to go. This gardening thing has unleashed a monster and now I have found hundreds of plants I just must have! ;) :cool:
    Thanks Pete and Fancy, It's crucial to my garden plan that the grass has to go. This gardening thing has unleashed a monster and now I have found hundreds of plants I just must have! ;) :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. andybev

best time to lay turf

I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked...
    I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked pretty miserable all winter but now you can't even find them.
    I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked pretty miserable all winter but now you can't even...
    I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Lulu

Bad Lawn

Thanks for all advice. The plant in question is definitely mind your own business and I'm more than happy to send some to Leicester as I really have got quite a lot of it! pm me your address Fancy...
    Thanks for all advice. The plant in question is definitely mind your own business and I'm more than happy to send some to Leicester as I really have got quite a lot of it! pm me your address Fancy if you'd like some. As for the lawn I'm going for a bit of a reduction of weedy outcrops and some...
    Thanks for all advice. The plant in question is definitely mind your own business and I'm more than happy to send some to Leicester as I really have got quite a lot of it! pm me your address Fancy if you'd like some. As for the lawn I'm going...
    Thanks for all advice. The plant in question is definitely mind your own business and I'm more than happy to send some to Leicester as I really have got quite a lot of it! pm me your address Fancy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. georgeun

Lawn

GEORGEUN, dreadful! I also think you used a wee bit too much. I had my lawn returfed in the first week of may and WHOOSH came the rains foe 3 solid weeks I have not watered it since . now I have...
    GEORGEUN, dreadful! I also think you used a wee bit too much. I had my lawn returfed in the first week of may and WHOOSH came the rains foe 3 solid weeks I have not watered it since . now I have the most purfect lawn looking lushes and very green. dont over water lawn, let the lawn soak up the...
    GEORGEUN, dreadful! I also think you used a wee bit too much. I had my lawn returfed in the first week of may and WHOOSH came the rains foe 3 solid weeks I have not watered it since . now I have the most purfect lawn looking lushes and very...
    GEORGEUN, dreadful! I also think you used a wee bit too much. I had my lawn returfed in the first week of may and WHOOSH came the rains foe 3 solid weeks I have not watered it since . now I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Oli

Moles Distroying Lawn

Oli ....Moles can cause problems here too ... there is an item here that you stick in the ground and it makes a vibration noise ( similar to the windmill idea but out of sight) ...maybe a good...
    Oli ....Moles can cause problems here too ... there is an item here that you stick in the ground and it makes a vibration noise ( similar to the windmill idea but out of sight) ...maybe a good garden centre over there will have them ... :cool: M-L
    Oli ....Moles can cause problems here too ... there is an item here that you stick in the ground and it makes a vibration noise ( similar to the windmill idea but out of sight) ...maybe a good garden centre over there will have them ... :cool: M-L
    Oli ....Moles can cause problems here too ... there is an item here that you stick in the ground and it makes a vibration noise ( similar to the windmill idea but out of sight) ...maybe a good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. fmay

Chamomile lawn

pachysandra also makes a good lawn and very tough.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lilylurve

Grass and Dogs

Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it...
    Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it would hurt dogs paws. :confused:
    Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it would hurt dogs paws. :confused:
    Quite agree fmay as when i was at my daughters i did not have my shoes on and i walked over her gravel to get to her barbeque area and it was most uncomfortable to walk over, so i could see it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mattjayc

tips on removing lawn ?

Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly...
    Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly and as our garden is 100ft long(overlooking the 3 Arrows in Boroughbridge) I'll only be doing part...
    Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly and as our garden is 100ft long(overlooking the 3...
    Thanks peter , I never knew you could just dig the turf in , will save me some time and energy anyway. it just seems a very daunting task to undertake ! I'm not in a hurry so I can do it properly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mattjayc

tips on removing my lawn !

I've had to do exactly that, Matt - if you like to e-mail or pm me, I'll tell you what we did - it's awfully long for a posting! (hope that doesn't discourage you.... :rolleyes:
    I've had to do exactly that, Matt - if you like to e-mail or pm me, I'll tell you what we did - it's awfully long for a posting! (hope that doesn't discourage you.... :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. steveb1973

advice on grass needed

I grow it by the path and it doesn't manage to get past the landscaping fabric. But it does spread for the less vigilant.BM
    I grow it by the path and it doesn't manage to get past the landscaping fabric. But it does spread for the less vigilant.BM
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. spider

Lawn Drainage Advice

Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few...
    Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few months - following normal composting methods.The addition of organic matter is to help break up the...
    Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few months - following normal composting methods.The...
    Well rotted horse manure may be a bit rich (great for roses though) - but that mixed with grass cuttings and kitchen veggie scaps, and newspaper paper should give you a good compost in a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jay

Chamomile Lawn

liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed...
    liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed everywhere..you dont need to keep buying seed let it do its own seeding..
    liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed everywhere..you dont need to keep buying seed let it do its...
    liz. you must have the nobile one its okay just leave the flower heads on a bit and it will self seed like crazy..i grow it and it even grows in holes in the path the wind blows the seed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Hornbeam

Lawn heresy

In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them...
    In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them lawns) is never pampered and I never use the grass box on the mower. I don't seem to 'garden' - more...
    In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them lawns) is never pampered and I never use the grass...
    In my profile I have put my hobbies down as cutting grass because that is all I seem to do! Mowing, strimming, flymo - concentrate on one area and all the others grow - my grass (can't call them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dee2

Ants in lawns

Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes...
    Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes in these occasions I do use powder [reluctantly]. Who was it who suggested stomping will he or her...
    Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes in these occasions I do use powder...
    Still no ants in the lawn, boots ready to go into action at short notice should one dare to emerge. They are organised insects and some harvest greenfly, and the like, in various trees and bushes...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice