1. THE MAY PHOTO COMP IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS COME AND JOIN IN.. AWW GO ON YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE PERFECT PIC SOMEWHERE IN YOU!
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mikrt

Mowing /mulching after Weedol?

Thank you Verdun & Liz, that's reassuring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mrs O

Acer disease? Or overwatering/overexposure....?

It could possibly be wind scorch, now it's lost the protection of the conifer it may be over exposed.
    It could possibly be wind scorch, now it's lost the protection of the conifer it may be over exposed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wren1

Clearing up Crocuses and... caterpillars

Caterpillars????? in my book, caterpillars make butterflies. I leave them alone. I never worry about caterpillars, don't even enter my realm of worry.
    Caterpillars????? in my book, caterpillars make butterflies. I leave them alone. I never worry about caterpillars, don't even enter my realm of worry.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Denpot29

How to fill in a koi pond. Help!!

I think the liner should be removed or it will eventually fill up with rainwater and become stagnant.
    I think the liner should be removed or it will eventually fill up with rainwater and become stagnant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CJAS106

Salt/Vinegar mix weed killer

you would want to make sure that the mixture doesn't run/wash off the gravel into the nearby soil.
    you would want to make sure that the mixture doesn't run/wash off the gravel into the nearby soil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mikeeboy

Dahlia Tuber advice

Yes it is very soft, that's why I was contemplating cutting it off.Thanks for all your comments
    Yes it is very soft, that's why I was contemplating cutting it off.Thanks for all your comments
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jassoi

Newbie here cherry tomatoe plant advice

Looking good. If the nights are cold, you could throw some garden fleece or net curtain over the plant,remove in the daytime. Hope this helps.
    Looking good. If the nights are cold, you could throw some garden fleece or net curtain over the plant,remove in the daytime. Hope this helps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. smokeyjoe

First cherry blossom tree

Thanks folks. Thats better news than i thought.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ZoeZoeZoe

Trellis climbers

Have to agree with noisette about Taylor’s Clematis. Excellent plants delivered in a day or two :) Also about Armandii .....I have just the one here on a 10’ x 8’ wall and it has been awash with...
    Have to agree with noisette about Taylor’s Clematis. Excellent plants delivered in a day or two :) Also about Armandii .....I have just the one here on a 10’ x 8’ wall and it has been awash with flowers. Love it :) Needs trimming now to keep within bounds though.
    Have to agree with noisette about Taylor’s Clematis. Excellent plants delivered in a day or two :) Also about Armandii .....I have just the one here on a 10’ x 8’ wall and it has been awash with flowers. Love it :) Needs trimming now to keep...
    Have to agree with noisette about Taylor’s Clematis. Excellent plants delivered in a day or two :) Also about Armandii .....I have just the one here on a 10’ x 8’ wall and it has been awash with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. EarlNeonCog

Monstera advice

Thanks goes to @KFF, it was his link I just put it on my post.:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stace2212

Weedkiller Advice Please

Most weed and feeds containing herbicides have side effects which you can find on the safety data sheet. You don’t want a granular feed getting into your eyes, ie children playing on the lawn and...
    Most weed and feeds containing herbicides have side effects which you can find on the safety data sheet. You don’t want a granular feed getting into your eyes, ie children playing on the lawn and rubbing eyes. The product also contains iron which stains, if you water it and step on the lawn...
    Most weed and feeds containing herbicides have side effects which you can find on the safety data sheet. You don’t want a granular feed getting into your eyes, ie children playing on the lawn and rubbing eyes. The product also contains iron...
    Most weed and feeds containing herbicides have side effects which you can find on the safety data sheet. You don’t want a granular feed getting into your eyes, ie children playing on the lawn and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Boskis

April / May Lawncare

@Boskis Hmm I would if weed it again.. If it was Me I would give it a cut with the blades set high then do another application of weed and feed. I think there is a spring one that might be more...
    @Boskis Hmm I would if weed it again.. If it was Me I would give it a cut with the blades set high then do another application of weed and feed. I think there is a spring one that might be more appropriate now.. If you are not due rain I would water it in, but it will take a lot of water as...
    @Boskis Hmm I would if weed it again.. If it was Me I would give it a cut with the blades set high then do another application of weed and feed. I think there is a spring one that might be more appropriate now.. If you are not due rain I ...
    @Boskis Hmm I would if weed it again.. If it was Me I would give it a cut with the blades set high then do another application of weed and feed. I think there is a spring one that might be more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. PercyFlinger

weed killer kills everything :|

OK @PercyFlinger That is exactly the one I use and have had great results from it too.. I put it on in the evening after I cut the lawn and if no rain forecast I do a slow walk around with the...
    OK @PercyFlinger That is exactly the one I use and have had great results from it too.. I put it on in the evening after I cut the lawn and if no rain forecast I do a slow walk around with the hose on sprinkler and that seems to water it in well..;) It took two doses when I first used this to get...
    OK @PercyFlinger That is exactly the one I use and have had great results from it too.. I put it on in the evening after I cut the lawn and if no rain forecast I do a slow walk around with the hose on sprinkler and that seems to water it in...
    OK @PercyFlinger That is exactly the one I use and have had great results from it too.. I put it on in the evening after I cut the lawn and if no rain forecast I do a slow walk around with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hoofy

What's happened to my cordyline?

Yep hoofy, “thriving on neglect” sounds about right :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. PercyFlinger

Looking for some identifying these plants\weeds\flowers

@Sian in Belgium @CarolineL @Marley Farley @Loki @KFFthanks all for the info on the pics, I guess all of these are good things that I should have kept, well maybe all except the montbretia...
    @Sian in Belgium @CarolineL @Marley Farley @Loki @KFFthanks all for the info on the pics, I guess all of these are good things that I should have kept, well maybe all except the montbretia :P I will try to keep that under control. I have watered the ones that are doing so good to see if...
    @Sian in Belgium @CarolineL @Marley Farley @Loki @KFFthanks all for the info on the pics, I guess all of these are good things that I should have kept, well maybe all except the montbretia :P I will try to keep that under control. I have...
    @Sian in Belgium @CarolineL @Marley Farley @Loki @KFFthanks all for the info on the pics, I guess all of these are good things that I should have kept, well maybe all except the montbretia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Carly C

When to plant seed grown Daisy’s in the garden?

I'm not sure it looks a bit like an argyranthemum to me. If it is I'd hold off until things warm up, I dont think it would appreciate a frost.
    I'm not sure it looks a bit like an argyranthemum to me. If it is I'd hold off until things warm up, I dont think it would appreciate a frost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Leanne2511

Do I get rid of chives?

Best way to get rid of chives is to eat them, flowers and all:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. strangeloop

New gardener with hedge woes

Personally I can't stand laurel - it's big leaves get chopped in half and look awful after pruning and it's quite 'airy' inside so not as dense as smaller leaved plants.Is it possible to have...
    Personally I can't stand laurel - it's big leaves get chopped in half and look awful after pruning and it's quite 'airy' inside so not as dense as smaller leaved plants.Is it possible to have one side or area as mixed native and the other borders as yew (or whatever you choose)? Also have a...
    Personally I can't stand laurel - it's big leaves get chopped in half and look awful after pruning and it's quite 'airy' inside so not as dense as smaller leaved plants.Is it possible to have one side or area as mixed native and the other...
    Personally I can't stand laurel - it's big leaves get chopped in half and look awful after pruning and it's quite 'airy' inside so not as dense as smaller leaved plants.Is it possible to have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Colo

Campanula portenschlagiana

Thanks so much, that's really helpful. It's such a vibrant shade of blue, it's gorgeous. So Im pleased to hear it will last a while.
    Thanks so much, that's really helpful. It's such a vibrant shade of blue, it's gorgeous. So Im pleased to hear it will last a while.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. RoryG

Cardboard around raspberry canes.

I don’t like any inorganic method of mulching. Not keen either on the ubiquitous weed suppressing membranes for the same reason....viz., soil is deprived of life and air. :)
    I don’t like any inorganic method of mulching. Not keen either on the ubiquitous weed suppressing membranes for the same reason....viz., soil is deprived of life and air. :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice