1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. merlin

Hi there !

elainefiz. have a look at the thread Ranking Perennials - if you are interested e-mail me and I will send you the file.
    elainefiz. have a look at the thread Ranking Perennials - if you are interested e-mail me and I will send you the file.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. kathryn

hello

Yeah I can't find it either, sorry, post it again and we'll try and help
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jess and Mogg

Hello All! I'm new!

Hi there and welcome You describe what may once have been a very good garden. I would strongly suggest that you do as little as possible other than removing obvious weeds until you see what it is...
    Hi there and welcome You describe what may once have been a very good garden. I would strongly suggest that you do as little as possible other than removing obvious weeds until you see what it is you've already got in the garden. It may save you a lorra money.Take pictures as the spring and...
    Hi there and welcome You describe what may once have been a very good garden. I would strongly suggest that you do as little as possible other than removing obvious weeds until you see what it is you've already got in the garden. It may save you...
    Hi there and welcome You describe what may once have been a very good garden. I would strongly suggest that you do as little as possible other than removing obvious weeds until you see what it is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. duckyjuk

im new here

Hi, sorry, just put a note on the 'conifer' thread: http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000104#000004
    Hi, sorry, just put a note on the 'conifer' thread: http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000104#000004
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. DaveJules

New to forum and to gardening !!!!

Hi allJust to confirm the info that Fran gave is indeed the red maple that i am after, here is a link...
    Hi allJust to confirm the info that Fran gave is indeed the red maple that i am after, here is a link (hopefully)http://www.crocus.co.uk/findplant/results/?ContentType=Plant_Card&ClassID=109&CategoryID=Jules
    Hi allJust to confirm the info that Fran gave is indeed the red maple that i am after, here is a link (hopefully)http://www.crocus.co.uk/findplant/results/?ContentType=Plant_Card&ClassID=109&CategoryID=Jules
    Hi allJust to confirm the info that Fran gave is indeed the red maple that i am after, here is a link...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NatashaB

IM new...

Thank you for your replysNat
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Caithness gardener

New user

Nice - looks like Scotlands going to get the milder weather this winter - and the icing on the cake, a victory against France :D
    Nice - looks like Scotlands going to get the milder weather this winter - and the icing on the cake, a victory against France :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. adema

Help!!!....I'm a newbie and i need some help!!

Also consider a herb garden, young children like the various different smells
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. marge

Hello everyone!

Well, Id like to bring the borders in a bit and separate it into more 'rooms', get rid of the ugly path, pave in front of the shed and make the patio a bit bigger :eek: And all that by the...
    Well, Id like to bring the borders in a bit and separate it into more 'rooms', get rid of the ugly path, pave in front of the shed and make the patio a bit bigger :eek: And all that by the summer please :D
    Well, Id like to bring the borders in a bit and separate it into more 'rooms', get rid of the ugly path, pave in front of the shed and make the patio a bit bigger :eek: And all that by the summer please :D
    Well, Id like to bring the borders in a bit and separate it into more 'rooms', get rid of the ugly path, pave in front of the shed and make the patio a bit bigger :eek: And all that by the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Ronnie Taylor

Newbie to the forum

Quite correct... need to get some pics taken! Something I dont usually bother about but will do! Much prefer old 35mm as opposed to digi.
    Quite correct... need to get some pics taken! Something I dont usually bother about but will do! Much prefer old 35mm as opposed to digi.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. StuartA

Yes please post a pic. If the roots have remained in the ground, thats good! It could possibly have been something that needed pruning anyway,(but probably not so drastically !!!! So hang tight,...
    Yes please post a pic. If the roots have remained in the ground, thats good! It could possibly have been something that needed pruning anyway,(but probably not so drastically !!!! So hang tight, post a pic, let us all have a look and try and find out what it was for you. Lucky you inheriting...
    Yes please post a pic. If the roots have remained in the ground, thats good! It could possibly have been something that needed pruning anyway,(but probably not so drastically !!!! So hang tight, post a pic, let us all have a look and try and...
    Yes please post a pic. If the roots have remained in the ground, thats good! It could possibly have been something that needed pruning anyway,(but probably not so drastically !!!! So hang tight,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Waco

Hello

Hi Waco. There are loads of perennials that like it damp or wet.One of the major things I have learnt since I became interested in gardening, in the need to suit the plants to the location. ...
    Hi Waco. There are loads of perennials that like it damp or wet.One of the major things I have learnt since I became interested in gardening, in the need to suit the plants to the location. But from what you say, I am sure you are way ahead of me on this one.
    Hi Waco. There are loads of perennials that like it damp or wet.One of the major things I have learnt since I became interested in gardening, in the need to suit the plants to the location. But from what you say, I am sure you are way ahead...
    Hi Waco. There are loads of perennials that like it damp or wet.One of the major things I have learnt since I became interested in gardening, in the need to suit the plants to the location. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Hellvixen

Hello - I'm new to this board and new to gardening!

re your general gardening plans, i think you should watch the gardening programs on tele, they are full of good ideas and let you see what can be done, albeit in ideal circumstances, the libary...
    re your general gardening plans, i think you should watch the gardening programs on tele, they are full of good ideas and let you see what can be done, albeit in ideal circumstances, the libary will have books for beginners ,, these are easy to read and will sort out most of your Qs.. ...... if...
    re your general gardening plans, i think you should watch the gardening programs on tele, they are full of good ideas and let you see what can be done, albeit in ideal circumstances, the libary will have books for beginners ,, these are easy to...
    re your general gardening plans, i think you should watch the gardening programs on tele, they are full of good ideas and let you see what can be done, albeit in ideal circumstances, the libary...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. gearbox22

i am new just saying hello

Sorry to be so late in replying, Anne - been rather busy outside recently! No, it's not my garden - mine's new, and under construction. The photo (they call them avatars - don't know why!)is of...
    Sorry to be so late in replying, Anne - been rather busy outside recently! No, it's not my garden - mine's new, and under construction. The photo (they call them avatars - don't know why!)is of my favourite place - the Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh - the Scottish equivalent of Kew. Glad you like...
    Sorry to be so late in replying, Anne - been rather busy outside recently! No, it's not my garden - mine's new, and under construction. The photo (they call them avatars - don't know why!)is of my favourite place - the Botanic Gardens in...
    Sorry to be so late in replying, Anne - been rather busy outside recently! No, it's not my garden - mine's new, and under construction. The photo (they call them avatars - don't know why!)is of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. moonraker
    Like x 3

Learn while the weathers bad

Are you talking about the kindle or the e-books? Sony make one similar to Kindle, but I don't think you can get the supply of books as you can with a Kindle. There are many books on Amazons...
    Are you talking about the kindle or the e-books? Sony make one similar to Kindle, but I don't think you can get the supply of books as you can with a Kindle. There are many books on Amazons listings that you can get free or under £1-00 but it really is down to what type of thing you read. ...
    Are you talking about the kindle or the e-books? Sony make one similar to Kindle, but I don't think you can get the supply of books as you can with a Kindle. There are many books on Amazons listings that you can get free or under £1-00 but...
    Are you talking about the kindle or the e-books? Sony make one similar to Kindle, but I don't think you can get the supply of books as you can with a Kindle. There are many books on Amazons...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. fiwen30

My, erm, new garden...

You have the potential for a lovely garden here and it looks as though there are already some useful and attractive plants. I'd say first priority is exactly what you're doing: tidy up, cut back...
    You have the potential for a lovely garden here and it looks as though there are already some useful and attractive plants. I'd say first priority is exactly what you're doing: tidy up, cut back the obvious problem plants and observe. Use your camera to record what comes up and when and where...
    You have the potential for a lovely garden here and it looks as though there are already some useful and attractive plants. I'd say first priority is exactly what you're doing: tidy up, cut back the obvious problem plants and observe. Use your...
    You have the potential for a lovely garden here and it looks as though there are already some useful and attractive plants. I'd say first priority is exactly what you're doing: tidy up, cut back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. aero

New member needs advice please :)

Hi aero, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup: :snork: . It looks like you've been getting some good advice and so your interest in gardening will bubble even more.:hapydancsmil:
    Hi aero, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup: :snork: . It looks like you've been getting some good advice and so your interest in gardening will bubble even more.:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Staceyxxx

new to gardening

Welcome to GC Stacey. :) It would help us if you could provide a few pictures of your gardens so we have an idea of what you're working with and also to provide you with help regarding the...
    Welcome to GC Stacey. :) It would help us if you could provide a few pictures of your gardens so we have an idea of what you're working with and also to provide you with help regarding the maintenance of the existing trees, shrubs etc. Have you any ideas in mind for the gardens? Whether you...
    Welcome to GC Stacey. :) It would help us if you could provide a few pictures of your gardens so we have an idea of what you're working with and also to provide you with help regarding the maintenance of the existing trees, shrubs etc. Have you...
    Welcome to GC Stacey. :) It would help us if you could provide a few pictures of your gardens so we have an idea of what you're working with and also to provide you with help regarding the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ludmilla

NOVICE gardener - advice please

Hi ludmilla & welcome to the forum :) French beans, courgettes and lettuce will grow better outside rather than in a greenhouse. For tomatoes you will stand a better chance growing in a...
    Hi ludmilla & welcome to the forum :) French beans, courgettes and lettuce will grow better outside rather than in a greenhouse. For tomatoes you will stand a better chance growing in a greenhouse, same for basil (although I just grow a pot on the kitchen windowsill like clueless1 says). My...
    Hi ludmilla & welcome to the forum :) French beans, courgettes and lettuce will grow better outside rather than in a greenhouse. For tomatoes you will stand a better chance growing in a greenhouse, same for basil (although I just grow a pot on...
    Hi ludmilla & welcome to the forum :) French beans, courgettes and lettuce will grow better outside rather than in a greenhouse. For tomatoes you will stand a better chance growing in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. "M"

Attention: all beginner gardeners!

I urge you to take a meander around the "Identification Area" of the forums. Why? Well, my friend had a plant which I totally lusted after. Neither of us knew what is was, and she was moving a...
    I urge you to take a meander around the "Identification Area" of the forums. Why? Well, my friend had a plant which I totally lusted after. Neither of us knew what is was, and she was moving a few weeks later. Fast forward a year (or so) Then, I spied it in an area near to where *I* had...
    I urge you to take a meander around the "Identification Area" of the forums. Why? Well, my friend had a plant which I totally lusted after. Neither of us knew what is was, and she was moving a few weeks later. Fast forward a year (or so)...
    I urge you to take a meander around the "Identification Area" of the forums. Why? Well, my friend had a plant which I totally lusted after. Neither of us knew what is was, and she was moving a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice