1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Kathrynmichaud
    Like x 3

Ideas for small shaded courtyard

:cheers: and :cheers: and :cheers:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. MissAgapanthus

Japanese Knotweed. Maybe. What do I do?

Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of...
    Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of it. Your landlord could be held liable (I think) if the knotweed escapes from their property and...
    Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of it. Your landlord could be held liable (I think)...
    Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Siennamiller

Ideas for a butler’s sink?

Good points, ok, I’ll get the bulbs as recommended on here :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SadlyClueless

Sisyrinchium striatum- what do I do with it?

It`s also easy to divide when clump gets too big.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ockbrook_85

Dividing Digitalis purpurea Foxgloves

Hi all,Thank you for your helpful comments - I'm going to try transplanting half of the plants to a new location, whilst leaving half in place. I'll let you know if they survive the...
    Hi all,Thank you for your helpful comments - I'm going to try transplanting half of the plants to a new location, whilst leaving half in place. I'll let you know if they survive the trauma!Thanks again, Rachael
    Hi all,Thank you for your helpful comments - I'm going to try transplanting half of the plants to a new location, whilst leaving half in place. I'll let you know if they survive the trauma!Thanks again, Rachael
    Hi all,Thank you for your helpful comments - I'm going to try transplanting half of the plants to a new location, whilst leaving half in place. I'll let you know if they survive the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wren1

Calathea leaves shrivelling

Thanks, I'll try it then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. toppington

Clematis and climbing

From looking at M's lovely photos I realise now that I'm going to be needing much larger pots too :snorky:
    From looking at M's lovely photos I realise now that I'm going to be needing much larger pots too :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kevin Cowans

How to Kill or Remove Ivy Root

Any overspill from Epsom salts is diluted, and so feeds surrounding plants rather than damage them :snorky: - all those roots need is the 'overdose'
    Any overspill from Epsom salts is diluted, and so feeds surrounding plants rather than damage them :snorky: - all those roots need is the 'overdose'
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Raybould
    Like x 4

New to the world of gardening

Thanks it looks great when the sun catches it and and when the wind turns it
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. "M"

London Pride: when, and how, do I take a cutting/split a clump?

Will do. When I get a chance to see her :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Andrew Y

Hiding gravel boards

Thanks all - someone else recommended a choisya - can anyone tell me if those would be suitable please?
    Thanks all - someone else recommended a choisya - can anyone tell me if those would be suitable please?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sardo Numspa

Water butt mains backup connection

I need loads of stuff, still in the design phase at the moment = )Useful link.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Stunning Peter

Pinching out

Hi HI dont like the (Million series) the colour is washed out , plus the newer varieties perform so much better
    Hi HI dont like the (Million series) the colour is washed out , plus the newer varieties perform so much better
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Emily Brookes

hydrangea Wilting and dying suddenly

The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn...
    The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn colors like reds or oranges due to pigments that are visible when the leaf injury occurs. When the...
    The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn colors like reds or oranges due to pigments that are...
    The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. luciusmaximus

Laying new turf

Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some...
    Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some more, through it). The membrane would, mostly, keep the weeds down; you could cover it with bark so...
    Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some more, through it). The membrane would, mostly, keep...
    Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sandhun

How to create height and separation

Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their...
    Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their hundreds) you will save money. Another good idea is an area set aside for propagation. Cuttings are not...
    Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their hundreds) you will save money. Another good idea is an...
    Maybe this would be a good time to start looking for the right nurseries! Where are you based? If you can find nurseries where they actually grow plants (rather than import them in their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. NorthantsGeezer

Is it legal?

Sorry Geezer, I was slow on the uptake! :doh::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Star Jasmine

Buddleia... should I support it in some way?

What a lovely shade of purple. The bees will fight to work on this , Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TJJ5621

To cling film or not to cling film?

As this pop up is outside the temperature range of day and night may give very erratic germination of the Petunias, Pansies not so much. I used to sow Petunias at 20/ some form of 22c and Pansies...
    As this pop up is outside the temperature range of day and night may give very erratic germination of the Petunias, Pansies not so much. I used to sow Petunias at 20/ some form of 22c and Pansies at 16/17c in a heated prop or even an airing cupboard but always covered with some form of plastic...
    As this pop up is outside the temperature range of day and night may give very erratic germination of the Petunias, Pansies not so much. I used to sow Petunias at 20/ some form of 22c and Pansies at 16/17c in a heated prop or even an airing...
    As this pop up is outside the temperature range of day and night may give very erratic germination of the Petunias, Pansies not so much. I used to sow Petunias at 20/ some form of 22c and Pansies...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Outlander

Planting a Juneberry tree in a container.

Thanks @Tetters tht is certainly a lovely looking tree. I'm having a think.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice